Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. ShilajaYour feedback matters!
How can I make my skin glowing and rejuvenated. My skin color is wheatish and I want to make it a little lighter please help me with it.
Lybrate | Dr. Namrata Ghai speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
While speaking in front of few persons my heart beat becomes so rapid along with this my face turns red and my hands start trembling. So is there any medicine available which can control this rapid heart beat and all this and also which can be taken occasionally not permanently and which can be easily available at medical shops.
I am in 11 STD but my height is just 5 •2 and my weight is 33 I am not able to gain my weight plzz suggest me something to maintain my weight and also height. Plzz help me.
I am 49 years male. I am suffering from Knee Arthritis left leg. Doctors suggested me no to go for replacement surgery at this age. Bearable pain while walking.
I have 6 month old baby. He has teething pain. Can you suggest something to make it easy for my baby Thnx.
Hi Mujhe periods issues hai. Mujhe periods time per nhi aate nd mere personal part i am itching bhi hoti hai.
I am getting too much pimples as well as acne on my face can you please suggest some medicine as well as home remedies.
My little brother is suffering from burp after eating food from last 3 years. Even it's physique is too weak. Suggest me what to do with him for cure.
I am having hair loss problem since last one and a half years. What medicines should I take? I have tried many medicines but they have no effect on my problem.
I am getting blood inside my vagina since last 2 month continuously. I am 26 year old unmarried girl. Please suggest me what shall I do. I. E. Why my weight is also increasing.
Hi sir my weight is 80 kg while my age is 26. How to reduce my weight. Please respond my problem.thank you.
The greatest wealth is health. Physical health and mental health are just the two sides of the same coin. One wouldn't be functional without the other. For a person to achieve a complete sense of well-being, he or she needs to have a functional mental and physical health. Although there are hundreds of methods such as yoga, meditation, exercise and annual checkups to maintain good health, people are not aware of them due to many factors such as lack of awareness. Yet the following are some of the habits one can adhere to in their daily lives for a healthy living.
- Eat to stay fit: 'Every time you eat or drink, you are either feeding disease or fighting it.' Eating healthy is crucial as it facilitates and improves the metabolic functions of the body. One should always aim for a balanced diet consisting of adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals. Fresh fruits and vegetables should be included and fried, fat-rich and fast foods should be avoided to the extent possible. The right foods help in fighting foreign substances while the unhealthy ones breed them.
- Rest to be at your best: Requisite rest and sufficient sleep is essential for proper functioning of the body. If perhaps, early to bed and early to rise is not your thing, then you might try going to bed at a regular time each day. A good night's sleep rejuvenates both the body and the mind after a day's work. It can be compared to the refreshing cold water that one craves after a long run. So for those who love sleep, you people are possibly on the right track.
- Follow an active lifestyle: A sedentary lifestyle is perhaps the cause of a diaspora of diseases in the long run. A daily dose of physical activity is quintessential for maintaining a sound physical and mental health. Physical workouts and exercises lead to an increased circulation of blood throughout the body and help both the body and mind to stay fit. If you do not get enough time for workouts, try running or walking for at least 30 minutes a day. It will help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
What is the diet to loose weight. And what are the exercises we could perform so that we can loose weight.
Hi, I have pores on my skin and my face is very rough, I have acne and small bumps on my face what should I use to cure that? I have oily skin Also my lips are becoming dark, I am using lip bless cream from 1 month but can't see any result. So please can you suggest any lip depigmentation cream?
People develop immunity towards rash causing agents. True or false? take this quiz to know more.
A. What could ignored rashes lead to?
- Hay fever
- Contact dermatitis
- All the above
Answer - d: all of the above
A rash could mean more than just what it seems to be. People with asthma may have a rash at the beginning of weather change, which indicates the asthma is on its way. It could also be the first reaction to food allergy or contact dermatitis. Anything that the body’s immune system does not react favourably to, the skin is one of the first respondents to it. Never ignore a rash as just a minor discoloration of the skin; it could be trying to say a lot more.
B. Which of the followings is a good reason for a skin rash to be seen by a dermatologist?
- It appears in the same area repeatedly
- Bleeding or pus discharge from a rash
- Changes in colour to more reddish or blackish hue
- All of the above
Answer - d: all of the above
While rashes per se are a very common problem, they definitely need a little more attention (probably medical) when they appear repeatedly or look different than normal. They also could be indicative of deeper problems, sometimes as serious as cancer. Do not ignore if rashes are appearing repeatedly in the same area or change in colour or appearance.
C. A rash will disappear on its own in a matter of days
Answer - b: false
An allergic rash may disappear once the body’s reaction to the allergy-causing substance subsides. This, however, does not ensure that all rashes will behave in the same way. If the rash is a manifestation of a more severe underlying problem, it could disappear but recur again in a more severe or altered form elsewhere. It could be reddish, blackish, more severe in nature, larger, etc. Keep an eye for repeat rashes or altered forms of a rash; they could meet more than just a contact dermatitis.
D. People develop immunity towards rash causing agents
Answer - a: true
An allergic rash definitely triggers a response from the immune system. This is especially true if the rash developed after an insect sting or after eating some food substance (eggs, chocolates, nuts, etc.) however, physical irritation by a blanket or cloth can continue to produce and/or aggravate the rash. Not just for cosmetic reasons, also look at rash from an overall health point of view.
E. Rashes are always an allergic manifestation
Answer - b: false
One of the most common forms of allergies is rashes, but the reverse is not always true. Rashes could mean anything from a simple allergy to a developing carcinoma. So, do not always ignore rashes to be some allergic reaction to something in the house or some new soap that you switched to. Keep an eye, and if it does not go away, get it checked to rule out any underlying issues. To check if the new soap actually caused an allergy, try going without it for a day or two and check if the rash disappears.