Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shikha Mehra
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Shikha MehraYour feedback matters!
I have pain in ankle and when I hitted with round thing in ankle it get feel good. In night time it get occur regularly. Why?
My right knee is inflamed with pain myburic acid is elevated as per lab exam. My fingers hurt and ang big toe in my right side hurts. I took advil 2 capsule this morning nothing else. Please help.
Mere husband 42 yes k hai. Unka kaam hardwork ka hai. Unhe regularly shoulder me pain rahta hai. Aur pith ki naso me (shoulder ki taraf niche aur spine k paas Jaha hath movement karta hai vaha) bhi baar baar sweling aa jati hai.
I am 24 years old and I have two knee pain since long day. I have used some medicine but no response. What should I do?
As I test thyroid. In dat 7.5 came. Which is high against dat report I was feeling back shoulder pain and feel like tired and breath less s. should I start medicine. Please let me know or gym for fitness. I heard once I started medicine I have to take regularly any disadvantage if I am not taking it medicine. Alao I wanted to tell dat I have not started any medicine yet whether its all pathic or homeo or ayurvedic oky so please suggest.
Hi I am jagannath, 32 years old (male). I have backache problem if I am standing 20-30 minutes. Please tell me what should I do?
My body mass lean, I have severe pain in my ankle I travel in mumbai local daily what are the thing I can do to avoid the pain.
My top back bone near neck is paining since 6-7 months and can't able to sit straight for even half an hour if I do so for more than 1 hour it pains more. I'm girl of age 20 and weight is around 48.
My wife vitd3 levels at 22. She is suffering from bone & joint pain. Yesterday only tested Vitd3. Her uric acid at 6.2 she is always crying with pain in body specially in joints Please suggest Sir/Mam.
Myelopathy refers to any neurological deficit pertaining to the spinal cord. The three most common types of myelopathy are Cervical myelopathy, Lumbar myelopathy and Thoracic myelopathy. Here are the causes and symptoms of myelopathy.
- Injury: This is a very common cause of myelopathy. Any type of accident or even a traumatic event can cause myelopathy and perhaps even paralysis.
- Spinal stenosis: This is a condition in which the spinal cord narrows and is one of the leading causes of myelopathy.
- Degenerative disc disorders: As you get older, disc disorders are more likely to occur, as well as other conditions which affect the spinal column, such as osteoporosis, etc.
- Tumor: It is a little known fact that tumors very often do cause myelopathy.
- Multiple sclerosis: There are many other diseases, which may cause myelopathy and multiple sclerosis is one of them.
There are many indications that you are suffering from myelopathy and should consult a medical expert. Here are some of them:
- Change in coordination: It refers to the state, wherein, all of a sudden you may find it harder to move certain limbs the way you want to. Sometimes, it may affect your whole body as well.
- Sudden muscle weakness: It is highly likely, that if you have myelopathy then you will experience sudden weakness in your muscles.
- Decreased hand-eye coordination: This is perhaps the biggest indicator of myelopathy since hand-eye coordination is directly linked to your spinal cord and brain and if they are not functioning properly then hand-eye coordination will be affected.
These are just some of the symptoms of myelopathy, however, the doctor cannot diagnose myelopathy until he conduct certain tests. These tests include MRI scans and other tests as well as a regular physical check-up along with a check of your medical history. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedics.