Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Shikha MehraYour feedback matters!
I am having backbone pain due to riding bike daily, what should I do? Even while deep sleep at night I am getting internal body pain, what should I do?
My maid who is around 45 years complain of body pain especially in her shoulders and legs. She talk both about joint pain and swelling of nerves. Please let me know which specialist to consult in such case.
In Ayurveda, joint pain is known as 'Sandhigata Vata'. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata Dosha' Is responsible for joint pains and other discomforts associated with it. Natural remedies and proper lifestyle techniques can be utilized to balance the 'vata' to lessen the occurrence and severity of joint pain. Factors including,old age, obesity, injury and strenuous physical activities (that require a lot of joint movements) are responsible for disturbing the balance of your 'vata'.
The following are some Ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Massage therapy: Warm coconut, castor, mustard, olive or garlic oil can be utilized to massage the affected areas to lessen the intensity of pain. If you massage the affected joints with natural oils, it improves blood circulation and relaxes the swelling and stiffness in the region.
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Fenugreek: Ingest a teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and drink a glass of lukewarm water. Fenugreek has anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties that make it effective for joint pains.Follow this remedy every morning on a regular basis to achieve optimal results.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Apple cider vinegar: Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this solution twice daily, before your meals. Apple cider vinegar has alkalizing effect, which makes it an effective remedy to remove the toxins that are responsible for causing joint pain.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Why I cant understand 50% of india population is suffering from back pain bones problem knee problem ?
Hi, I have suffering form joint pain & body pain, swelling legs/hands last few days. I become fever last 15/9/2016. But todays no fever. What I can do.
Age 38 years f minor pain in fingers ra test positive 29 anticcp 24 doctor prescribe methotrexate 5 mg weekly and hydroxychloroquine 200 mg daily with calcium and aceclofenac is this right med or change this med.
I am 20 years old. I have pain in between from my right shoulder and spinalcord. I was suffering for past 2 yr. Sometimes the pain ll be higand moderate. But I dint get complete cure from that. I have gone for many doctors.
My mother of 52yr of age is having weakness and loss of strength in the left side of her body( lt hand and lt leg), she also have starting limping( which is though v. Mild) from the left side of her body. We had taken her to many doctors and had done lots of investigation ( including lft, kft, tft, ecg, CT brain plain) which are normal, she sometimes also loose her balance while walking and falls down ( though there is no complaints of vertigo) Please help in probable diagnosis. Or if any other investigation needed than pl suggest
I'm 45 year old since one month I have pricking pain, burning sensation on the tip of the fingers of the left hand. The pain start from the forefinger and gradually shift from finger to fingers but it is not a continuous pain. What is the reason for it and what are the home remedies for it.
I had knee injury a month ago. Took MRI few days ago. It states ACL HIGH GRADE II partial MID SUBSTANCE tear. Is orthopedic surgery must? Or I can recover without surgery? If yes kindly give it suggestions.
Spinal fusion is a surgery in which two or more vertebrae in the vertebral column or back are fused or joined to treat a slew of spinal problems and diseases, which cause debilitating back pain. This surgery helps to remove bone and tissue that are narrowing the spinal canal, squeezing the spinal cord and nerves, reducing pain and improving function.
There are many different causes of back pain like injury, poor posture, age, osteoarthritis, herniation of disc between two vertebrae, degenerative disc disease, narrowing of spine called stenosis, and spondylosis or lessening of space between the vertebrae- most of these can be treated using spinal fusion.
All of these causes put tremendous pressure on the vertebrae and pinch spinal nerves that pass through the back and radiate out into the arms, legs and torso. Apart from the pain, patients experience nerve and muscle weakness and irreversible damage affecting normal life.
Spinal fusion started off as just a treatment for fractures but now it has become the surgery of choice for a number of spine problems. Though it can be done anywhere in the spine, it is very effective when done in the lower part of the spine called lumbar spinal fusion or arthrodesis.
Spinal fusion is done by forming a direct bony connection between the vertebrae surrounding the painful discs, the cushioning between the vertebrae. Pain is stopped by stopping the motion of the painful discs.
There are different methods of spinal fusion each with its own advantages and limitations.
Techniques include fusion approached from the front, the back, or both of the vertebral column. Sometimes surgeons decide to use intervertebral cages or metal screws to provide internal structural support while the bone fuses. These cages may be placed between the vertebrae and packed with bone graft material taken from the patient or constructed out of synthetic materials.
What to expect?
Spinal fusion is not a risk-free procedure. It is a major surgery lasting several hours and carrying a number of risks like-
- Failure of the vertebral fusion and breaking of metal implants
- The vertebrae above and below the fusion can wear away aggravating problems
- Blood clots may be formed that can travel to lungs causing embolism
- Injury to spinal nerves causing permanent weakness in legs and problem with bladder and bowel function
- Infections and blood loss
- Heart attack or stroke during surgery
The patient has to be kept in hospital for a couple of days for post-operative care after which he will have to undergo rehabilitation for months. Hence, one should really think before going for spinal fusion. And when it is recommended, seek a second opinion before making a decision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.