Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shikan Shetty
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shikan ShettyYour feedback matters!
Sometime I feel pain in my chest on left side after a minute it will be OK is there a serious problem?
Kindly tell me some homeopathic medicines or tonic to rehabilitate to my smoking lungs. Sometimes When I contract my chest I feel pain in middle of the chest behind the chest bone or may be on chest bone. Near esophagus. Is it normal?
Few months back my mother in law was having BP where done was 228, she was also having pain in her chest and vomiting, my father in law was about to give his BP medicine, I asked him to rush to doctor but he said no. My mother in law is no more with us now my father in law is blaming me that I didn't allow him to give his BP medicine. was that my fault ?
I have got my pathological tests and find the results as follows Hg 14 Glucose fasting / PP 95/116 BP 141/84 which varies to as low as 116/65 Total cholesterol 207 Triglycerides 107 HDL 41 LDL 141 VLDL 25 NonHDL 166 Liver panel all parameters are in the range Kidney panel all parameters are in the range Both albumin 4.2 and AG ratio 1.35 My Boel movement is good go the wash room immediately on getting out of bed Motion normal and go twice before noon This change was for 6 months and find mild pain in the upper abdomen Would like to know any medicine in homeopathy could control this Do I need to take any medicine for BP and it fluctuates Pl advise.
My age 25 I am male my problem cholesterol trigelies 194 And vldl 200 I am unmarried boy my age 25 I am tobacco use and 3 to 4 month I taking beer and wine gape of 3 month I treat under pshiciatry last 2 year problem of fear agoraphobia and panic attack please help me.
Hello sir, I am 40 year old married woman I have low blood pressure problem last one year what should I do please tell me doctor.
Most people associate fibre to be good for the digestive system. It helps to add roughage and therefore helps in avoiding constipation. When we dig deeper, the fibre seems to do good not just to the stomach but to the heart as well. Those who are prone to develop heart disease should make an attempt to include more fibre in their diet and reap the rich benefits it offers.
There are two classifications of fibres
Dietary are found in diet products and functional being added fibre through various food supplements. Soluble and insoluble fibre, based on their solubility in water. Most foods contain some amounts of both. The insoluble one has more digestive benefits, as it adds to the roughage. Both types have cardiac benefits.
Read on to know some of the cardiac benefits of fibres.
- Reduces cholesterol: There is good cholesterol which is essential for the body, and there is bad cholesterol causes heart disease. What fibres do is reduce the amount of bad and overall cholesterol in circulation. The fibre binds to the cholesterol and removes it from the body, which otherwise would get into circulation and lead to plaque formation and heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure: Because the cholesterol does not circulate in the blood stream, the blood is not as viscous and therefore the vessels exert much less pressure to allow for free flow. A diet change to whole grains can show a marked difference in people with hypertension.
- Weight management: Eating fibre means more bulk and fewer calories so that a person feels full after eating smaller amounts. This is a great way to lose weight and bring preexisting heart disease under control.
- Stroke prevention: The circulating cholesterol usually gets sluggish and settles down along the walls of the blood vessels. This attracts more cholesterol, which eventually forms what is knowns as plaque. When this plaque attains a considerable size, it gets dislodged, circulates in the blood stream, and can reach any of the vital organs. When it reaches the heart or brain, it can lead to heart attack or stroke. By removing the cholesterol which leads to all these complications, fibre reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attacks.
- Management of diabetes: Blood pressure, increased weight, and heart disease all are predisposing factors and have common contributing factors as does diabetes. Controlling all these helps in prolonging the onset of diabetes and reducing its severity too.
High-fiber diet mainly reduces cholesterol which helps in multiple ways to maintain not just a healthy body but also improves the overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.