Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shifa SheikhYour feedback matters!
Its was very good.
Hi, my age is 28 and I am having hair fall issue since 24. Now my 30% hairs are gone. I want to know how much reliable is hair transplant and what are its charges.
It is an absolute myth that you need a hair trim every month in order to grow your hair properly. Trimming your hair has no effect of the length of the hair. What trimming on a regular basis can do is that trimming on a regular basis can help in preventing various scalp complications from occurring. If the length of the hair remains very long, it becomes even more prone to dandruff and lice infestations.
Rather, here are a few cures for all hair types. Following these simple home remedies will cause your strands to retain their original texture and length:
- If you have long hair, then it is very important that you follow a proper hair care regimen; else it can lead to dandruff. It may also cause the hair to become frizzy and dull as the hair does not receive proper nutrition due to its length.
- Trimming your hair once in a month helps in keeping the hair length at manageable levels, so that the hair ends are properly nourished.
- You can apply hair oils such as coconut or olive oil that helps in nourishing the hair and adding volume.
- If you have oily hair, then you might be prone to dandruff like conditions.
- In order to prevent this condition, apply lemon juice or vinegar to your scalp as it helps in balancing the pH levels of the scalp and thus prevents dandruff. If you add honey to the mix, then it acts as a wonderful conditioner.
- In case of dry hair, you can apply conditioner on a regular basis to avoid dullness. Apply hair oils on a regular basis to add nourishment to the hair.
- Also diet plays an important role in determining the health of the hair. Eat foods which are rich in B vitamins as they contribute to healthier hair.
The hair follicles determine how fast your hair grows; so trimming your hair plays no role in the process. Also, a healthy diet and habits such as washing your hair regularly with suitable hair care products are very easy ways to achieving great hair health.