Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shibi Dev B N
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shibi Dev B NYour feedback matters!
I am suffering with high fever and the eyes have became red and I am feeling tired so what should I do?
My friend is having redness in his eyes from 2 to 3 days and also having itching nearby so please help it out.
My father is suffering fro leg pain he can't walk so far and also my father eyes also he can't see properly the white layer had came in black boll in eyes can you please say wats the solution.
I have red eyes from 3 days and they are also watering. What should I do? And I am also having urine problem.
If the body many types of fever like malaria, dengue, chickenpox etc. The body are should be able to drink are also is red eyes.
15 days ago after waking up from the bed I realised that my left side face is little bit inactive, I could close my eyes fully, Could not even drink Water properly. I met doctor, (general physician) they said it is "bels palsy" and gave tablets and asked me to follow Some excerisies. I have recovered abt 60%. Wats the main reason for it and do I need any spacial treatment and test to recover fully? Pls suggest, I worried. Tab given wysolone 25 Number Oritop 40 numbers Acivir - 400 20 numbers Letgo- SP.
I swam on Saturday and I could sense a lot of chlorine in the pool. Ever since my eyes have been itching and have swollen a bit.
Im 23 years old and im having problem with my eye sight. Some times I have severe headache and my eyes will be little blurrysome time. Note: my right eye was damaged little bit in my childhood.
Recently I start to wear eye contact lenses, before that I used glasses, lenses make my eyes irritate, what to do.
I am having red eyes for past 4 days its like something there in the eyes and I am forced to rub which makes the eyes more reddish. What should I do?
I have not slept for almost one week now. All I have in brain is stress. I am an engineering student and with exams coming and going I always find it difficult to stay stable. Also this has led to increased anger and I have lost my patience too. My left eye is very weak and I need vitamins to make it alright. But I don't even get proper food.
Me and my wife are working at two different countries. Now a day I feel that she not giving much time for me and always I feel to talk to her see her on online because I Can't go there alternatively. But when I told all these matter to her that I feel like this. I miss you badly always, she always getting angry at me or laugh at me and my feelings and my love to her. If I talk something to her online her attention change here and there. It hurts me. Because I have only half an hour or one hour to see her to talk to her and listen her voice. I feel there is no importance for me. I feel alone because ours is live marriage. So my parents are not that much supportive. Also she told to me that I am selfish man, I think only about me when I say I miss her. All 24 hrs her memory is hunting me. I don't know what to do. Please help me other wise I will get mad or I will suicide. When I remember all of these my eye got full of tears. I miss her very very badly. But there is no mercy talk from her. Help me Help me there is a lot of things to say, but now I am stopping.
Hello Doctor I have glasses since my childhood days. My sight would be around 11 for both the eyes. How to reduce it. And get away from species.
Hello doctor im not wearing any type of glasses but I just want to know from you which contact lenses and should I use to improve vision sharpness I mean which lenses power please recommend thax in advance.
Hello doctor, I am using too much mobile for my work. For Every work I have to use my mobile due to this I feel like dark in front of my eyes sometimes. I am using 8 to 10 hrs daily on mobile, sometimes continuously 6 to 7 hrs. What should I do to avoid this problem. I can't leave my mobile to as it is important for my job.
Macular Degeneration is an age-related macular degeneration incurable eye disease, which might result in blurred vision or no vision in the centre of the vision field, which might lead to visual distortions, reduced central vision, decreased intensity of the colours and can make it difficult for the patient to recognize faces, read, drive and to perform other activities.
Types of Macular Degeneration
1. Dry Macular Degeneration: It is characterized by the presence of drusen and thinning of macula because of a breakdown or thinning of the layer of retinal pigment epithelial cells in the macula.
2. Wet macular degeneration: In this type of AMD, there is an excessive growth of blood vessels, which causes bleeding, leakage, as well as scaring under the retina, which results in a rapid and severe loss of the central vision and might become permanent if not treated.
Causes of Age-related Macular Degeneration:
This is caused due to a problem related to the part of eye known as Macula, which is a spot at the centre of the retina of the eye. The focus point of the incoming ray of light is on Macula, which is responsible for see the things direct in front of us, especially reading and writing.
- Age: As the age increases, the probability of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration also increases significantly. The degree of the macular degeneration might vary person to person, but ageing is a major cause of suffering from age-related macular degeneration.
- Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of developing the disease in comparison to someone who does not smoke. The longer you have smoked, the more are the chances of developing it.
- Family History: The risk of developing the Age-related Macular Degeneration increases if it runs in your family, i.e. if your parents and siblings are suffering from it, then your chances of developing it are quite high as compared to the ones who do not have any family history.
- Obesity: The obese people have the higher chances of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- Alcohol: Higher alcohol consumption also puts you at the risk of AMD, which is why one should always take alcohol in limited quantity only.
- Sunlight: As going out in sunlight without sunscreen is harmful to your skin, the same is harmful to your eyes for longer duration, and one should always wear UV-absorbing sunglasses to protect his eyes from AMD.
- Ethnicity: The white and Chinese are more prone to developing AMD as compared to the black people.
- Cardiovascular disease: the persons who have suffered diseases that affect the heart and other blood vessel are at higher risk of macular degeneration.
Treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration
1. Anti-VEGF Drugs: The dry macular degeneration cannot be cured while the wet macular degeneration can be stabilized and maintained with a number of medical treatments to be injected into the eye, such as Lucentis, Avastin and Eylea. These are not long procedures and continued monitoring of the vision to maintain or improve the vision.
2. Laser photocoagulation: It consists of a concentrated beam of high energy thermal light that is directed towards the retina to obliterate and seal leaking blood vessels.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!