Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Dr. Shenoy Manohar VasudevYour feedback matters!
I'm 18 year old n my question is my face was getting a pain by pimples so you can give me advice what im doing.
Ayurveda offers a unique and holistic approach in treating acne. It is an Indian healing system, which aims at treating pimples and acne by managing its underlying causes. Toxicity build-up and impaired digestion are targeted according to the doshas identified in an individual by an Ayurvedic practitioner.
According to Ayurveda, the whole of the cosmos is made of 5 elements namely water, fire, air, earth and space. Doshas are aggregations of these elements and affect our well-being. If access to an Ayurvedic practitioner isn’t feasible, then try cutting down on junk food as they contain additives and preservatives. Eat foods which don’t have more than 4 ingredients.
Raw and unprocessed food is the best for digestion. Replace artificial skin care products with natural ones. Change your sheets and pillows regularly as they may have trace residues of acne causing organisms. Insecticides and disinfectants should be substituted for their natural counterparts, such as neem based cleaning agents.
Here are some Ayurvedic natural substances which work wonders for treating your acne:
- Tulsi: An amazing way to get rid of pimples is tulsi (basil) paste when used by you on a daily basis. If access to fresh basil is difficult, then get a jar of dried basil from your neighborhood departmental store and use it with warm water. Use about 3 teaspoons so that a smooth paste can be formed and apply it on your face for over 10 minutes up to 5 times a week.
- Lemon and Honey: A mix of lemon juice and honey is a simple, but effective homemade beauty remedy for the treatment of acne. Mix 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice. Apply the mix on the pimples and on the spots caused by the pimples. However, do not apply on severe pimple outburst as it can cause a severe and intense burning sensation. Keep it on your face for about 10 minutes and then wash it off. You can continue doing this 7 times in a week. You will eventually find very satisfactory results.
- Cinnamon: Try dry roasting dalchini or cinnamon. Grind it finely and then make a creamy paste by adding honey to it. Apply this paste for a minimum of 5 times a week. Let its goodness soak into your skin and watch the benefits of the paste work its miracle!
- Neem: Neem leaves (Indian Lilac) are the perfect natural way of treating pimples. Turn it into a paste and apply it on the areas affected with pimples. If getting fresh neem isn’t feasible, try procuring some dried and bottled leaves instead and soak for about 15 minutes in hot water and use the same as a paste.
- Sesame: Turn sesame seeds into a paste by soaking them overnight. Then turn into a paste. You can also use powder, which is readily available. Keep the paste on for 15 minutes and wait for the magic to work.
- Potato: Potato juice or grated potato can be applied directly onto your pimples. Let the sticky potato juice sit on your face for over 10 minutes before washing it off. It lends a mild and natural bleaching glow to your skin. The same technique can be also tried with tomato juice.
- Mint: Soak a few mint leaves and turn it into a fresh paste , it will act as an astringent. Mint is also effective in making acne marks fade away if used regularly.