Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Shekhar GeminiYour feedback matters!
My mother age 45 years has neuroendocrine small cell carcinoma cervix that was diagnosed in august last year, stage 3B She was operated before receiving any chemotherapy and her uterus was removed. Then we started the treatment from a better hospital where she received 6 cycles of chemo (etoposide & cisplatin) and 28 days of external and two sessions of internal radio therapy (ovoid). The last PET CT she had was saying that the conditions are better and with no cancer been seen. The question I wanted to ask that there has been no medicines going on for stopping the recurrence of cancer from our doctors, are we on the right path. Is this how it suppose to be going with no further medicines? And what are the things that can be done to assure that there is no re occurrence.
What I should do when I always feel lazy when I study or do some work like anything or I also feel lazy when I am at jogging track or in exercise gym.
Sensitive Skin - What is it and approach?
Sensitive skin is a condition of subjective cutaneous hyper-reactivity to environmental factors.
What are the symptoms?
If you have sensitive skin, you may have an exaggerated reaction to cosmetics, soaps, and sunscreens which can worsen after exposure to dry and cold climates.
Although no sign of irritation is commonly detected, itching, burning , stinging and a tight sensation are constantly present.
Patients with sensitive skin can present with either skin that appears normal to the eye or overt skin disease.
Consult a dermatologist (recommended)
Basic skin-care and cosmetic recommendations to minimize chances of encountering problems:
Eliminate common irritants like soaps, cosmetics.
Select products from a manufacturer who uses high-quality pure ingredients free of contaminants
Paraben preservatives have proven to be least problematic
For cleansing, use SYNDET bars/Lipid-free cleansers
Draelos cosmetic selection criteria in sensitive skin
Powder cosmetics should be selected
Cosmetics should be water removable
Old cosmetics should be discarded
Eyeliner and mascara should be black
Pencil formulations for eyeliner and eyebrow cosmetics
Eye shadows should be earth toned(tan, beige, light pink and cream)
Avoid chemical sunscreens in cosmetics
Avoid nail polishes
Select cream/powder facial foundations, or if liquid, silicone-based formulations
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history, and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
* Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
* Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
* Causes: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the child bearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
* Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
* Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
* Treatment: Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.
My face is oily how I have to control it, after washing my face after 30 min its become black in colour.
I am very tried by working some works in this case what can I do for the preservation of food like this.
I'm having spondylosis from past 1.5 years. I get pain around neck and shoulder. Sometimes pain is heavy and sometimes its manageable. I have been using tramadol, amitriptyline tab from past 1 month. Very little Improvement I see. At times feel the pain around shoulder joint and chest. I'm unable to concentrate on my work and other daily activities due to this. Neck x-ray showed little pressing at c4 c5 as per neurologist. How can I overcome this? I did take ICT and IFT for 5 days. It was little better, but after 3 days pain increases sometimes.
So here are the best foods to reduce cholesterol
Have a salmon fish dinner. Snack on a handful of nuts. Pour a dash of olive oil in your salad.
And bite into that sinister chocolate. Now you can do all this guilt-free! All these foods help in fighting bad cholesterol., 'You can reduce cholesterol in your blood by eating healthy foods'. So, here we are today with our list of cholesterol fighting foods.
1) Oats: If you change your morning meal to oats then you can do your cholesterol level a whole lot of good. Do note that two servings of oats can lower LDL cholesterol by 5.3% in only 6 weeks. Essentially, oats contain a substance called beta-glucan which absorbs bad cholesterol.
2) Red Wine: Here's yet another reason to toast to your health. The red grapes used in the manufacturing of red wine have an important effect on cholesterol levels. Two glasses of red wine in a week can do you a whole lot of good.
3) Salmon and fatty Fish: Full of Omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is a natural health wonder, which helps in keeping heart conditions such as heart attacks, stroke and high cholesterol levels at bay. Fishes such as salmon, sardines and herring help in raising good cholesterol levels by 4%.
4) Nuts: Mono-unsaturated fats (found in nuts, seeds etc.) have the lowest fatty acid molecules and are the best of the three fats, namely poly-saturated fats, saturated fats and mono-unsaturated fats. Nuts are the best way to get those required healthy fats into your body without feeling guilty. Since the fats that come from nuts are natural and are not chemically processed, this makes them heart healthy, filling, and nutritious options.
5) Beans: Excellent for the heart, ½ a cup of beans added in our diet (in the form of any dish or soup), helps in lowering cholesterol levels by 8%. You should try black, kidney, or pinto beans; each one of them supplies about one-third of your day's fiber needs.
6) Tea: Tea has antioxidants and less amounts of caffeine than coffee. An eight-ounce cup of coffee contains around 135 mg caffeine; tea contains only 30 to 40 mg per cup. Tea helps in protecting your bones because of the presence of phytochemicals in them. It is also a great defense against LDL cholesterol levels.
7) Chocolate: Chocoholics can celebrate with a healthy dose of dark chocolate as it is full of antioxidants and cholesterol-reducing properties. According to a Spanish study published in 2010 in the "Journal of Hepatology,", "the antioxidants in dark chocolate reduce the damage that can occur to blood vessels, which can further threaten the health of people with cirrhosis. The dark chocolate can help prevent the blood vessels in the liver from rupturing". Medical experts suggest that munching on 100 grams of chocolate every day helps in reducing the occurrence of cardiovascular mishaps by 21 percent.
8) Spinach: Popeye the sailor was quite right when crediting his muscle power to this green leafy vegetable. It is believed that spinach contains around 13 flavonoid compounds which keep us away from cancer, heart diseases and osteoporosis. 1/2 a cup of this lutein-rich food, daily, guards us against heart attacks.
9) Olive oil: This oil has many health benefits. It contains mono-unsaturated fatty acids which lower bad cholesterol and triglycerides, without lowering good cholesterol levels. Different stages of pressing and processing yield different varieties of olive oil. Extra virgin , Virgin , Pure , Pomace
Sir, I am suffering from backache and a very unbearable pain in my neck. I had been doing push ups and some strength exercises without any supervision of a professional trainer but I paused those due to my exams coming next months causing me to focus on studies. And I am not able to sit properly. I also think that during my exercise I hurt me with a cramp causing a huge pain form my neck to left shoulder to left hand's fingers. Please just provide me with some remedies.
I am a 26 year old male and I don't have enough mustache and beard growth. What should I do? please help me.
So after I smoke I get a clogged feeling in my throat, it is something like cough or mucous that is stuck in my throat I believe. It usually never happened but have this feeling from a month. Is it something to get worried about?
Hello muje bhar rhte hue 6 year ho gye or mere hair growth bilkul ni hoti. Or muje 3 month m minimum 5 inch bal bdane h .so please muje kuch recommend kriye jisse meri hair growth ho Thanks
I am suffering from timing fever. Fever comes at 5: 00 to 5: 30 pm everyday. Is this the symptoms of dengue?
Doctor, Please advice me for this Menoline forte medicine for hormonal problem so please tell me is this ok and should I take it?
My name is manoj my qui is my face is very dark in this summer please advice me because I going to meet my friend but he feeling very bad Kindly.
A before meal technique would be to have a tsp of linseed with water. It brings in the much needed lubrication required for constipation.
Consuming hot water with sour lime juice and half a teaspoon of salt added to it would be beneficial in treating constipation.