Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. ShekarYour feedback matters!
I have red eye since four years and my eyes are red all the time. But no water comes from eyes. Only redness is present in my eyes.
Sir/mam my grandpa is suffering from neovascular glaucoma with cornea edema secondary to old CRVO .He is not able to see anything from his left eye since last 2 months his pressure is 44mmHg(icare) different doctor have given different suggestions 1st)) doc lotim B,dorzox,soline,Tab diamox,refresh liquigel,travatan and after getting treatment for 1and 1/2 month they suggested inject avastin to reduce the pressure and operate after all these they r not sure whether he will be able to see again. 2nd)doctor suggested that avastin wont work and he wont be able to see anything as he needs to be operated for reducing the pressure as these tablets cannot be used for long time after getting operated his pain and pressure will reduce but still he wont be able to see anything.And after that laser 3rd)doctor suggested that inj mannitol 100ml Iv*3 daily one and avastin but still he is not sure 4th) doc suggested that he wont be able to handle this and suggested for retina specialist he might be able to solve the issue .please help
I have red eye for over 2days? What should I do? And I have stomach pain over last 3days what should I do?
I am using a laptop daily 8-10 hours. After using a laptop my eyes are too strain and my eyes are looking full of red? Why? What should I do.
Hi my eyes number is -3 same for both and I have a medical examination next month and they have said they would not take anyone with lasik surgery? Is there any way out for correct eyes without being detected in that examination?
My relative eye was injured at 12 year old. He got pierced with pen. He already had a treatment but during summer when he go out on a sunny day his eyes will become red with severe pain. Can you suggest him any medicine or drops pls?
I am 18 years old when I am reading anything then water comes out from my eyes. What to do pls help me.
Hello Doctor, I am a 22 year old boy. I got specs last year at the age of 21. I don't know exact reason for same. Is there anything I can do to reduce my myopia.
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.