Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shefali TyagiYour feedback matters!
I am a tb patient stage 2 and I am having medicines for the purpose. I am having irregular periods after I started having these medicines. i'm not getting involve in any sexual things though. The concerned doctor under whom I am taking my medications said that it is quite normal. So I just wan to know should I get treated for that periods problem? and will it be going to affect my future life while having a baby.
Hello doctor I had sex for the first time and now I'm bleeding. How long this bleeding will be continue and is there any adverse effect of it? How to control it please help.
I had sex yesterday I got bleeding for whole day now it stopped. I was expecting my periods also. I thought I am down but the bleeding now stopped. It was my second time I had sex so was it the hymen break? I had ecp last time when I did it I got two internal periods for 3 days each. Now what to do? When will my periods become normal.
Hello, I am 24 years old female, married.my period cycle normally is 30 to 33 days but it's 39th day and no period and no any signs of pregnancy. Is it possible that I may not feel any sickness if pregnant also and when does morning sickness starts? Shall I go for test now?
I am having problem to make pregnant to my wife. Coz of low sperm count. That is only 04. What should I do. I want a baby as soon as possible. Is there any other way to make it possible. And what is test tube baby.
My friend, s wife has undergone several abortion at interval of 1/2 to 1 year. This time again she did it in request of a mail child. But this time after abortion, bleeding is not stopping completely. Doctor has given a 20 day medicine to take without failing any day but even after 15 day bleeding is coming after gap of 2days, please advise.
I have 8 months baby n I think I am pregnant so can I take I pill. Will it effect the baby n will it effect the breast feeding. After the baby birth I dn't get the periods.
Breathe in and breathe out, is an involuntary continuous action through which the human body receives the oxygen it requires for proper functiong. Without oxygen, our entire circulatory system would collapse. However, with the amount of pollutants present in the air today, the air we breathe is not as pure as it should be. Instead of breathing in oxygen, we’re breathing in harmful gases like carbon monoxide and sulphur dioxide along with particulate matter. Prolonged exposure to pollutants like this can seriously endanger our health and well-being. Air pollution spreads easily and the only way to protect oneself from it is by creating a barrier that filters the air we breathe in.
And, for this reason it is advisable that one should wear a respirator or mask. When wearing a mask or respirator the most important part is to ensure that it seals your nose and mouth effectively. Otherwise, pollutants can enter through the gaps and contaminate the filtered air. But how should one decide, which type of mask is suitable for them and for that we need to understand what all masks are available.
Respiratory masks can be grouped into three categories:
- Simple flat masks as worn by doctors while operating
- Highly beneficial where there is heavy particulate matter density in the air as they are effectve at filtering out particulate matter
- Does not offer protection against harmful chemicals
- It is a good idea to wear these masks while travelling through dusty zones or when caught in a storm
- Offer protection only for a limited time
- Cannot bot be reused
- Cost around few hundred rupees
- Respirators have similar structure as that of surgical masks
- They fit the face better that surgical mask
- Have filters installed and protection against particulate matter and against certain gases and chemicals
- For better protection, they should be washed regularly against harmful fumes and particulate matter encountered
- Should be used while travelling through heavy traffic zones and while working in construction zones
- Ideal way to to protect yourself
- Cost around few hundred to thousand rupees, based on thier quality and brand
- Gas masks are often worn in chemical laboratories
- Special replaceable filters offer full protection against, both particulate matter and harmful chemicals
- Basic mask costs around 1000 rupees and higher based on quality and brand
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Im a 21 year old woman, I want to know apart from condoms which are the other safe birth control pills which can be taken orally by a female to prevent pregnancy. Apart from saheli which are the other pills available.
I am 30 years female, its my 1st pregnancy after 5 years of married life. I am in 30th week, I am feeling very weak and tired, please suggest me the best diet.
We had a sex without a condom after 2 days of her periods. And after that immediately taken unwanted 72. So it leads to pregnancy or not?
Hii. My baby is 4 months old. My periods are not coming after delivery. Then I'm very worried. And at the tym of Intercourse I feel pain at internal side and stitches region. Tell me Wat I do is these things are normal. My tummy is not going reduces. Which exercise I can do for escaping my bulging tummy thigh. I want to come in my shape Can you pls suggest after 5 months of delivery which xcercises can be done to reduce weight.
Every part of the body needs care in order for the entire body to work properly. And one of the most intimate parts on a woman?s body, should be no different. See some simple, but effective tips for vaginal health.
1. Wash with warm water only.
Maybe this may sound strange but PSA: your vagina hates soap! A healthy woman?s vagina stays quite clean on its own without the help of harsh chemicals and cleansers. Like many parts of the body, your vagina has a pH level that needs to be maintained. Soap and other cleansers such as douches or feminine sprays not only create an imbalance in your pH often causing the growth of unhealthy bacteria, they rid your lady parts of the good bacteria that helps you fight off infections! So ladies, lets not underestimate the power of H2O.
2. Stay EXTRA clean during your period.
Your chances of getting a vaginal infection increases when you are menstruating due to the blood and pH imbalance that comes because of it. When your time of the month comes make sure you are being even more cautious of your hygiene habits, especially when it comes to how long you are wearing sanitary items. Make sure you are changing your tampons and pads several times a day.
3. Wear cotton underwear.
Cotton underwear dries quickly and allows air to flow freely through the fabric. This prevents the development of damp conditions that promote the growth of yeast and unhealthy bacteria that might lead to an infection. Underwear made from synthetic fabrics, silk, lace or other materials doesn?t breathe as well. F you like wearing underwear made from fabrics other than cotton, make sure the section of the underwear that will be touching your vagina has a cotton liner.
4. Pee after sex.
At the very least, pee after sex, even if you intend on washing, too. When you have sex, unwanted bacteria can travel up the urethra, which is connected to your bladder. Peeing after sex can help flush the bacteria out of the vaginal area, promoting general health and helping you avoid UTIs.
5. Eat lots of fruit.
Cranberries, pineapples, strawberries and other fruits help to freshen the smell of the liquids secreted by the vagina. Eating fruits won?t make your vagina smell like a tropical island, but it can help you develop a more pleasant scent if that?s something you?re concerned about. Fruit also has a high water content, and staying hydrated helps flush the body of toxins that can lead to bad smells.
I do sex with my boyfriend on 25 april 2016 without using any precautions and my bf ejaculate his sperms out of my vagina and then I do sex on 1st may and 5th may and take contraceptive pills but my periods date was 8th may and I do not get periods. So, is there are chances to get pregnant please tell me I am so afraid of it.
1. Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible. Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
2. Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
3. Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
4. Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
5. Body’s immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, sir fries and curries you intake.
6. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk. Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
7. Consuming bitter vegetables like bitter gourd, and bitter herbs like neem, turmeric powder and methi (fenugreek) seeds help in preventing infections.
8. Consume drying oils like corn oil or light oil and avoid heavy oils like sesame oil, peanut oil and mustard oil as they fall in first place to invite infections.
9. People who face skin allergies during rainy seasons must avoid spicy foods. Spicy foods raise body temperature and stimulate blood circulation and it leads to allergies and skin irritation. Other problems such as boils, change in skin color dullness, rashes are also some skin damaging effects which arise in this season.
10. Avoid naturally sour foods like tamarind, tomatoes and lime in your diet as it promotes water retention.
11. Avoid too much of fish and meat this season and heavy curries and non- vegetarians should go for light meat preparations like stew and soups.
12. Astringent, mildly bitter and pungent foods must be best served this season.
13. Drink lots of herbal teas, especially those with antibacterial properties. These include ginger, pepper, honey, mint and basil leaves. Excessive intake of coffee and tea dehydrates body fluids so they must be better avoided.
14. Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
15. Eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
16. Have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments.
17. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
18. Avoid eating fried items, pre- cut fruits and juices from road side vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
19. People who suffer with arthritis should drink warm water with tulsi and dalchini (cardamom) on an empty stomach in the morning. Doing this improves bowel syndromes and also decreases pains in joints.
20. Always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw.
Pregnancy is a welcome change in a woman's life. She is full of hope and happiness while awaiting the birth of her bundle of joy. However, it is almost inevitable to bring up the topic of conception and leave out a host of bodily alterations or disadvantages it entails. You might eagerly wait for months in a row to conceive and once you do the signs of health issues show. Most noticeable of all other problems are the ones affecting your skin. Skin problems can be immensely predominant and widespread in a pregnant mother; so much so that her psychological disposition might vary considerably.
Commonly observed symptoms of the skin that may affect you during pregnancy:
- Your eyes may look puffy and withdrawn: While the news of a baby lighting up your life in a few months' time makes you very happy, it also subjects your body to exhaustion. It is natural for expecting mothers to feel tired and wasted. Acute iron deficiency and poor blood circulation could result in fatigue that further surfaces as dark circles and puffy bags under your eyes.
- Your face could develop acne suddenly: Acne is caused mainly because of excess sebum secretions from the oil glands present in your body. Excess oil tends to choke the open pores of your skin preventing it from breathing. Increased levels of progesterone are maintained by the human body for a strong uterine lining that is again required for the healthy development of a child; progesterone kicks off oil secretions.
- Spider like marks could spot your skin: Hormonal imbalances, sudden increase in weight, and heightened pressure in the veins may cause the blood vessels in your face to redden and grow big; the veins then look like the web of a spider. This condition is often referred to as Spider Angiomas.
- Big dark patches can also be seen: During pregnancy, your body has an excess of both oestrogen and progesterone. These hormones incite the impact of melanocytes, thus resulting in big dark patches on your skin. The condition is more prevalently known as Melasma.