Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sheetal Chhabria
Submit a review for Dr. Sheetal ChhabriaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I'm 45 years old housewife I have been suffering from diabetes with high blood pressure and nerve pain. Yesterday I have done some test and sugar is found 192 fasting in blood and in urine . I am using medicine gluconorm g2 and stamlo 2.5. How I can manage my diabetes without using much drug.
A before meal technique would be to have a tsp of linseed with water. It brings in the much needed lubrication required for constipation.
Consuming hot water with sour lime juice and half a teaspoon of salt added to it would be beneficial in treating constipation.
Eating healthy and maintaining a happy number on the weighing scale is stuff that dreams are made of - or so you thought! It is never too late to get on to the weight loss bandwagon in case you have a few extra pounds that you are not too proud of. But the concern is how to get rid of the pesky extra kilos in a smooth sailing and effortless manner?
Well, that's easy - take these diet ideas and lose weight effortlessly even as you eat healthy!
- Shop Right: Get nutrition right by first of all shopping right. When you fill your kitchen and pantry with healthy food, remember that good food choices will automatically follow you. So, ditch the packaged food and go for fresh ingredients that can help you cook up a storm even as you get aromatic and rich homemade flavours, right on your table. And remember there is nothing better than the satisfaction of a home cooked meal at the end of the day. Throw in some organic grains, put out the brown bread, and get yourself some fresh tasting ingredients to make a pasta sauce from scratch or prepare a salad dressing in a matter of minutes.
- Smaller Crockery: Are you guilty of overeating? The real culprit might just be your crockery - or rather, its size. Try taking on smaller portions with smaller bowls and plates. This will ensure that you take smaller heapfuls by default, and before you know it, your stomach will be full!
- Smaller Meals, Bigger Effect: You may have heard this being said many times, but it is true. The trick is to pace your metabolism and throw small quantities at it, so that it is easier to break the food down faster. Take at least five to six meals in a day and watch how soon your tummy starts to shape up and lose its flab.
- Mental Hunger: Hungry for a snack and ravenously so? Well, it may be time to tackle that pesky mental hunger. Begin by taking a few glasses of water and then give yourself a few nuts like almonds as well as some raisins. Keep these kinds of snacks handy so that you can pass your time when you are bored or even anxious, without overeating and putting on excessive kilos.
- Vegetables and Fruit: A good dose of fibre can help in tightening your contours because these digestive fibres are well known for flushing toxins out of your system and breaking down the food really fast!
So get on the effective diet bandwagon and banish those fad diets from your menu, today! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
Eating right is the simple secret to living healthy. Mothers stress on the importance of eating healthy and at home you shirk off their advice. But deductions based on years of research studies are hard to turn one’s eyes away from. Eating the right food items affects a person’s overall health in more ways than he or she can think of. While you may bring changes to your diet in fifteen days’ time, certain things should always be a part of your daily food consumption.
Take a closer look at these superfoods you should be consuming regularly:-
Include nuts in your daily diet- The amazing revelation that having nuts can add a year or two more to your expected life span can actually attract your attention to its other benefits. Nuts are rightly known as storehouses of energy. Having a handful of nuts everyday can help improve your skin and hair health. It also purifies your body. Nuts have a high percentage of unsaturated fats and can therefore make you reap the benefits of a healthy cardiovascular system.
Oranges can keep you fit- Make it a point to eat citrus fruits on a daily basis. Oranges, particularly, can remedy a host of health issues. Eating one big orange each day can help you to have a taut and firm skin. Oranges are rich in vitamin C which leads to the production of collagen thus further strengthening your skin cells. An orange provides your skin with antioxidants that prevent free- radicals from causing harm to your cells. Vitamin C also leads to the production of antibodies and white blood cells which are necessary for defending your body against diseases.
Fresh green vegetables must be befriended- Green leafy vegetables should be an inevitable component of your daily meals. May it be spinach or kale, eating them in monitored proportions every single day can fulfill your need for vitamins K, C and A. Green vegetables are bountiful in other nutrients like potassium, magnesium, calcium and iron too.
Some yogurt is great for active metabolism- There are many people who lack in calcium and are also allergic to milk. Women usually need more calcium as and when they age; yogurt can be a great substitute for milk in these cases. That aside, yogurt is known to contain helpful bacteria that defends your body from intestinal problems. It helps in digestion and is capable of increasing your metabolic activity.
Raise a toast to tea and enjoy good health- You must be aware of the vast number of plus points drinking green tea has. Tea is known to be useful for your health because of its high content of flavonoids. Tea can aid a person in fighting off diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease and other routine problems like weak gums. You may have different kinds of tea but preparing the drink freshly is always more effective.
Sir. I am very weak. And my stamina power is very low. And I am a cricketer. Its little bit tough to face these problems as a cricketer. Prescribe me some medicines. And give me some special tips. To.increase stamina power and increase weight and be a healthy.
Hi, i am 50 years old, height is 5.2 ft, weight is about 90 kg. Need to reduce weight: pls advise diet healthy food and also note that I do not find time for exercise. (Need to reduce stomach also pls). Request advise.
I am gaining weight very fast and can you tell me am I suffering from typhoid.what is needed to be done by me?
Minimal invasive spine surgery possesses numerous benefits over the traditional spine surgery that includes :
- small surgery scar
- less blood loss during the surgery
- quick recovery
- quicker return to work and normal activities
- less postoperative pain
- shorter hospital stay
These are the xray of a patient with l4l5 grade 1 listhesis operated by minimal invasive tlif.