Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sheela ReddyYour feedback matters!
Her period is continuing and today is her 1st day. She saw that the colour of the blood on her pad was black colour. It had not happened before. Is this a serious problem? And why it happened? Please help.
Hi doctor, I am 31 years old, my amh level is 0.03ng/ml. Trying for child since 6 years. But did't get. I am not interest for donals egg. Please advise to get natural baby.?
doctor sap I had sex with some one but oral sex. She suck my penis I never heard before that mouth to penis transmit hiv .so I checked after 2 month hiv test I got result is negative but that is window period I check in dubai sir .but I heard that hiv test is newer test came which is if I am infected hiv result is positive within days am I right doctor sap what is truth tell me doctor I'm very worrying.
We store water in all sorts of plastic bottles, jugs or containers. It can be low grade or high grade, but plastic is plastic! This is a very harmful daily practice as plastic containers carry lot of chemicals and bacteria.
Let’s see the harmful effects of drinking water in plastic bottles:
1. Harmful substances: Apart from harmful chemicals in plastic, water when get stored in plastic bottles also produces harmful substances like fluoride, arsenic and aluminium which can be poison for human body. So, drinking water from plastic bottles would mean drinking slow poison that will slowly and steadily deteriorate your health.
2. Dioxin production: Plastic does melt in hot environment. And we, often store water in plastic bottles while driving and so many times leave it in the car where it is in the direct exposure of sun. Such heating releases a toxin called Dioxin which when consumed can accelerate breast cancer.
3. BPA generation: Biphenyl A is an estrogen-mimicking chemical which can lead to lot of health problems like diabetes, obesity, fertility problems, behavioural problems and early puberty in girls. It’s better not to store and drink water from a plastic bottle.
4. Liver cancer and reduced sperm count: Because of presence of a chemical called phthalates in plastic, drinking water from plastic bottles can also lead to liver cancer and reduction in sperm count.
5. Vitamin based bottled water: Nowadays, we get water mostly in plastic bottles and to increase its health content, manufacturers make it vitamin-enriched to attract buyers. But this is even more harmful as it carries health-harming additives like food dyes and high fructose corn syrup.
6. Impact on immune system: Our immune system is immensely affected when we drink water in plastic bottles. The chemicals from plastic bottles are ingested and tend to disturb our body’s immune system.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 29 years old & I'm trying for pregnancy my last day of period was 1st sept & I miss my period this month yesterday I do normal sonography & my doctor write pcos in both side I'm confused is m pregnant or not.
A man and woman volunteered themselves to have their sexual parts taped so viewers can get an up close look at what happens during sex
A couple recently participate in an educational video where they had cameras attached to the woman’s vagina, nipples and the man’s penis.
They then had sex in the missionary position as narrators explained the effect of intercourse on their bodies and how it reacts to stimulation of erogenous zone.
Here are 11 things the video taught us.
1. In the missionary position, the vulva lips open slightly, allowing the penis to penetrate right up to the hilt.
2. Right off the bat, the woman gets direct stimulation of the clitoris from the pubic bone of the man.
3. The glands at the head of the penis are highly sensitive and rub along the vaginal canal so the position is highly stimulating for the man.
4. The woman’s nipple stay erect throughout intercourse
5. Penetration in this position is likely to lead to orgasm for the woman as it stimulates the G-spot.
6. The G-spot is an area of very sensitive tissue which is on the front wall of the vagina, about 2 or 3 inches in. During the missionary position, the penis will stimulate this.
7. As the woman approached orgasm, she may feel the beating of her vagina and a throbbing in her pelvis.
8. At climax, she experiences involuntary muscle spasms in the outer part of her vagina and anus.
9. The male orgasm causes semen to be ejaculated deep inside the vagina so sex in this position is much more likely to lead to pregnancy.
10. This position allows semen to collect at the cervix, on the neck of the womb, and this makes things easier for women trying to conceive.
11. After orgasm, the erection subsides rapidly, the major and minor vagina lips shrink back and both organs return to pre-arousal state.
My scheduled period was on 15th Dec 2016. Which I missed. My ovulation date was 1-Dec-2016. I have done UPT today early morning and its showing very very light line. Close to ignorable. Please suggest what inference should I derive from this. When can I be sure I am pregnant or not.
Anorexia nervosa is a type of eating disorder, which falls under the category of psychological disorders. The patient becomes extremely thin and has an unreal perception of body weight. This unreal perception involves a fear of becoming fat. The primary symptoms are fasting, an aversion for food, obsessive thought about weight loss etc.
Here are the usual treatments for anorexia nervosa according to the progression of the disease.
- Medications: The first thing your doctors will do is prescribe medications to make sure that the patient has come back to a health condition, which is stable. This is because anorexia causes heart problems, depression and osteoporosis among other physical complications. The doctor will be giving separate medications for all of them. Once you start feeling better, the doctor will stop giving you medications. Sometimes medication also has to be given for malnutrition or starvation if the disease has set in far too deep.
- Counselling: The primary type of counselling, which will take place is nutritional counselling. Dietitians can help you with this, as they teach healthy eating patterns and know how to make you follow it therefore, this is a crucial part of the recovery process which should not be neglected.
- Therapy: Firstly, therapy and counselling are different treatment procedures. The main difference between the two is the focus of the treatment. Therapy is done by psychologists who help deal with what causes your hate of eating and try to eliminate these mental issues while counselling is done by counsellors who are there to help sort out your eating disorders.
- Nutritional rehabilitation: This is a more serious form of counselling. The counsellors generally try unconventional methods at this stage to make sure that you are eating properly and will eat properly in the future. This is because by this stage the progression of the disease is more serious and weight has to be gained immediately.
- Starvation treatment: By this stage, nutrition has to be given in the form of fluids and you will be having severe health problems all of which need medication.