Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
I have been having problem in sleeping since 7-8 days and whenever I get asleep it didn't last long enough also my eyes get dry after waking up so can you please suggest me what is this syndrome and how can it be corrected as soon as possible?
Hi I am unable to see in nights and my weight is so heavy can you please help me for that I am in so much trouble please help me.
I am underweight and my eyes are totally gone inside make me looking ugly. Please suggest me the best solution to make my eyes normal.
I feel some itchiness in my eyes after all day long working on computer systems and headache as well. I am already using specs with -5 power. Please advice.
I am 74 years old and 8 months back underwent Surgery for Cataract for both eyes. Off late I find, when I get up from bed in the morning, lot of :- i) black spots covered over ceiling, walls etc. Ii) Then I am getting flashes of both eyes and iii) With right eye, double lines, letters or images. Can you please suggest some treatment or medication. Thanks.
I have a myopia problem. My power is -1.5 and-0.5..My friend told me he did some exercises everyday and got his short sight problem cured. Now he can see every distant object very clearly. Could you suggest those exercises to me doctor.
Up in the morning with a swollen right upper eyelid and cheeks on right side only. No pain or discomfort in the eye. Went to a doc he gave me the following Ivepred, LCZ, Topicid and asked to avoid sunlight. I have never had this no asthma what could this be? Some home remedies he suggested none. I had home cooked fish last night and I hv had that before. Could it be a good allergy I also had sprouts.
Hoe can I keep my eyes healthy and prevent my power from further falling? I use glasses. And also I spend a lot of time on mobile and laptop so give your advise considering this. Thank you. Hoping to receive a reply soon.
I have red eye problem in one eye and in particular portion. It occur in regular interval for last two three years.
My eye is paning and its left side eyebrow not being stable its moving all time What to do I am not getting should I take a glass.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.