Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Sheela PatilYour feedback matters!
I have irregular periods. And during menstruation I have a lot of stomach ache. So please provide me to help so as to reduce the stomach ache during mensuration period.
Be it french fries, burgers, hash browns or simple omelet, the taste of ketchup can complement everything. This popular and inexpensive red colored condiment is regarded as healthy by some even though that does not indicate you can consume copious amount of it.
Is ketchup good for health?
Ketchup is a low calorie condiment made of simple ingredients like spices, salt, pepper, vinegar and naturally tomatoes. Compared to other notable rivals like mayonnaise, ketchup contains no fat and much lesser calories. But for some people, the sugar and salt content of ketchup is a matter of concern. Moreover, it tends to contain natural flavoring, tomato concentrate and most importantly, high fructose corn syrup which may not be desirable. So, the key here is not to abandon ketchup on the whole but to reduce the consumption.
Ketchup and its list of benefits:
The lycopene content of the tomato, which is the prime ingredient of ketchup, cuts down the risk of cancer in bladder, lungs, stomach, and cervix by several degrees. So, eating about two or more servings of tomato ketchup in a week can do you more good than harm. Lycopene, an important antioxidant can shield the body from free radical damage.
Moreover, ketchup is a low fat condiment that can make bland foods taste great. It has low carbohydrate content, good levels of vitamins and is thought to help fertility in men. But there is a trick to this, most of us use commercially produced ketchup which is easily available in the market.
Is it really good for you?
When you use commercially prepared ketchup on the food, you could be consuming high fructose corn syrup or HFCS since this is what glugs out of the jar. In most cases, you will find that the ketchup contains overcooked tomatoes, a huge amount of sugar which is genetically engineered corn syrup and of course, water. Some brands may also use natural flavoring which is nothing but flavor-boosting chemicals.
Just a teaspoonful of ketchup contains about 4 grams of sugar and needless to say, some people take more than one teaspoon at a time which builds up the daily sugar load. HFCS is added to almost all preserved foods along with a lot of flavor enhancers, and together they don’t take much time to overload you with the maximum daily fructose limit.
Ketchup can be an excellent addition to your main diet when taken in moderation, of course. But with regular consumption, you are sure to head towards a host of unwanted diseases and complications. If you are not able to trust any of the easily available brands, you may consider making your own tomato ketchup and savor the taste.
When you are becoming a mother, then a great deal of special attention needs to be paid towards you and the baby. At such a delicate juncture in life, you cannot risk the health of the baby and the mother by resorting to conventional medicine system that comes bundled with plenty of side effects. Listed below are a few reasons why you should opt for a homeopathic system of medication.
- It is completely safe as it has no side effects
- Homeopathic medicines are mostly prepared from non-toxic substances such as plants
- The medicine works by stimulating the body's own immune and healing systems
- Homeopathy not only targets one ailment but the overall well-being of the body
For the Mother
- Wound healing - After you deliver a baby, your body has a lot of internal bleeding and wounds that require special medical care. Here homeopathy comes to the rescue using Arnica Montana, which is one of the most popular agents that help in healing.
- Breast problems - Homeopathy is quite useful in treating a lot of breast related conditions like mastitis, cracked nipples, breast lumps and such others. In this condition a homeopathic medicine called Phytolacca Decandra can help treat such issues.
- Baby blues - It refers to periods of low moods and depressions that happen after conceiving a baby. In this case, the homeopathic medicine Pulsatilla helps you to revive your mood.
- For the Baby
- Teething - Teething is the stage when the baby tends to develop his or her baby teeth. It is identified by a baby with bright red cheek crying due to discomfort.
- Sleep - Uneven sleeping pattern of babies is also a common problem which causes them discomfort and irritation which makes them cry at times.
- Immunization - It is known that homeopathic medicine mostly focuses on the overall betterment of the human body.
Therefore, taking homeopathic remedies also fortifies your immune system thus helping the baby fight ailments in an efficient and effective manner.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: How Homeopathy Can Cure Muscle and Joint Pain?
I have marriege in month of May 2015 & we trying for baby .. still we both not visited the doctor yet ........... can you pls help me in that
My wife was pregnant 5 months ago and that time she had 4 months old pregnancy. Everything was good but suddenly heart beat of baby stopped and doctor suggest us to abort it and we follow his advice too. Now we tried to plan a baby last month but there is no positive result . My wife getting scare now. Please give us advice
I am pregnant woman. May I do face steaming now. And may I take henna leaves and hibiscus leaves for hair bath? Will these affect baby in anyway?
Homeopathic treatment is one of the most natural and effective modes of treatment for a number of diseases and disorders. However, there should be a restriction on certain kinds of food when you are under homeopathic medication. Homeopathic medicines are consumed orally, and the tiny globules get absorbed in the oral cavity, and thus it is recommended that you keep away from food substances with a strong smell and taste. If a minimum gap is not maintained between having food and taking of the medicines, effective results will not be provided.
It has been explained that if you do not intake any food material half an hour before and after taking homeopathic medicines, no harm is done on the effect of the medicine. There is a controversy regarding coffee and homeopathic medicines, but coffee is quite safe to have, but you must keep the timing in mind and maintain the half an hour gap. The same applies to onions, garlic, ginger and other strong-smelling food items. However, in the case of certain homeopathic medicines, coffee acts like an antidote. This is because there are medicines, which are prepared using coffee in crude and roasted forms. You should ask your homeopath about it when he gives you a certain homeopathic medicine.
As long as you are following the half an hour before and after rule, there are no such food restrictions when you are under homeopathic medication. However, in case of certain diseases where the homeopathic cure is used, the intake of several common food items increases the intensity of the disease. For this, you must take several dietary precautions until you start experiencing results from homeopathic medicines.
Foods to be avoided when taking homeopathic treatment for below diseases:
- Respiratory disorders: While you are undergoing a homeopathic treatment for respiratory disorders such as cough and cold, avoid cold drinks, ice cream or any chilled food item.
- Skin disorders: In case of skin disorders, you should avoid rich, spicy food or artificially flavored food of any kind. You should also abstain from non vegetarian food if you want homeopathic medicines to work effectively.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Keep away from spicy and pungent food and also avoid fried, oily foods while taking homeopathic medicines for gastrointestinal problems. Alcohol should also be abstained from.
- Vitiligo: For effective homeopathic treatment for vitiligo, avoid eating unripe, sour fruits. Avoid anything sour such as curd or yoghurt. Also consume fewer amounts of fish and seafood.
Usually, there are no such food restrictions for homeopathic medicines as long as you maintain the half an hour rule, before and after the intake of a homeopathic medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.
This month she did not got her periods, her date is 12 but 8 days went. She thinks that she is pregnant because last month of april 19 she had sex. So she should not get pregnant and she should get her periods soon so please suggest any medicine and when to put that medicine and how many medicine she should take? Any harmful if she takes that medicine? Or any side effect if she takes that medicine?
Sex was unprotected. On 20th of april. And my period got over on 15of April. I took ipill. Got withdrawal bleeding for about 8 days. Today is the day of period but not got period. Can I be pregnant?
I get abdominal pain during my monthly periods. I feel very weak. I do not feel hungry. What should I do? Is it normal?
Diet during ramadan:
Suhoor (early morning meal before fast):
1. Recommend oats/barley/quinoa/ muesli/ whole wheat chapati which will give energy throughout the day as they are complex carbs
2. Include some good quality protien too along with carbs like eggs/ tofu/ paneer/ nuts etc
3. Can sprinkle chia seeds, flaxseeds over oats/muesli to get good fats
Iftaar (breaking fast):
- Break fast with water and 3-4 pc's of dates which gives instant energy followed by a bowl of fruit or vegetable soup (can add some pc's of chicken or lentils) to gradually start digestive system to work.
- Then it should be followed by dinner which should be ideally after 1-2 hr of breaking fast. Dinner should be balanced with a blend of complex carbs, good protien and healthy fats.
- Preferred to avoid refined oily fried foods as they can hamper digestion and cause acidity.
- Diet should be rich in fibre as constipation is a common problem during this time.
- Should drink lots of water throughout the day.