Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShasikalaYour feedback matters!
Had foreplay with my partner. Normally periods are irregular since last 6 months. N hb is 9. Took pregnancy test also but it is negative. M I pregnant?
I am 23 years old. I had sexual relationship with many of my friends that include girls too. How can I know whether I have any sexually transmitting diseases?
Can I eat curd during menses.? Actually one of my friends told me that if we eat curd during menses, it will clot the menses blood and in next month result in heavy bleeding. Is this true?
I am 20 year old I unsecured sex do to 7 day after my g. F to check pregnancy test but 7 day after safe to check possible which day after to check pregnancy.
If I Had Ejaculated Once outside her vagina And I Put My Private Part In My Gf's Vagina Again Without Protection. Will that lead to pregnancy as later I again Ejaculated outside her vagina.
श्वेत प्रदर ( सफेद पानी ) का घरेलू इलाज
स्त्रियों की योनी से सफेद पानी का बहना एक साधारण समस्या है. इसमें योनी से पानी जैसा स्त्राव होता है. य़ह खुद कोई रोग नहीं है. लेकिन यह स्त्रियों के लिए बड़ी परेशानी का सबब बन जाता है. इसके कारण चिड़चिड़ापन, पैर-हाथ में दर्द इत्यादि का सामना करना पड़ता है. तो आइए हम जानते हैं कि घरेलू उपायों द्वारा कैसे श्वेत प्रदर को खत्म किया जा सकता है. आपको क्या-क्या करना चाहिए और क्या-क्या नहीं.
श्वेत प्रदर ( सफेद पानी ) की समस्या खत्म करने के घरेलू उपाय :
- हर दिन कच्चा टमाटर खाना शुरू करें.
- सुबह-शाम 2 चम्मच प्याज का रस और उतनी हीं मात्रा में शहद मिलाकर पिएँ.
- जीरा भूनकर चीनी के साथ खाने से फायदा होगा.
- आंवले का रस और शहद लगातार 1 महीने तक सेवन करें. इससे श्वेत प्रदर ठीक हो जायेगा.
- हर दिन केला खाएँ, इसके बाद दूध में शहद डालकर पिएँ. इसके आपकी सेहत भी अच्छी होगी और श्राव के कारण होने वाली कमजोरी भी दूर होगी. कम-से-कम तीन महीने तक यह उपाय करें, दूध के ठंडा हो जाने के बाद उसमें शहद डालें.
- कच्चे केले की सब्जी खाएँ.
- अगर आपके शरीर में खून की कमी है, तो खून बढ़ाने के लिए हरी सब्जियाँ, फल, चुकन्दर इत्यादि खाएँ.
- 1 केला लें, उसे बीच से काट लें. उसमें 1 ग्राम फिटकरी भर दें, इसे दिन या रात में एक बार खाएँ. लेकिन ध्यान रखें कि अगर दिन में खाना शुरू किया तो, दिन में हीं खाएँ. और अगर रात में खाना शुरू किया हो, तो रात में हीं खाएँ.
- तले-भूने चीज या मसालेदार चीज नहीं के बराबर खाएँ.
- योनी की साफ-सफाई का ध्यान रखें.
- मैदे से बनी चीजें न खाएँ.
- एक बड़ा चम्मच तुलसी का रस लें, और उतनी हीं मात्रा में शहद लें. फिर इसे खा लें. इससे आपको आराम मिलेगा.
- . अनार के हरे पत्ते लें, 25-30 पत्ते…. 10-12 काली मिर्च के साथ पीस लें. इसमें आधा ग्लास पानी डालें, फिर छानकर पी लीजिए. ऐसा सुबह-शाम करें.
- भूने चने में खांण्ड (गुड़ की शक्कर) मिलाकर खाएँ, इसके बाद 1 कप दूध में देशी घी डाल कर पिएँ.
- 10 ग्राम सोंठ का, एक कप पानी में काढ़ा बनाकर पिएँ. ऐसा एक महीने तक करें.
- पीपल के 2-4 कोमल पत्ते लेकर, पीस लें. फिर इसे दूध में उबालकर पिएँ.
- 1 चम्मच आंवला चूर्ण लें और 2-3 चम्मच शहद लें. और इन्हें आपस में मिलाकर खाएँ. ऐसा एक महीने तक करें.
- खूब पानी पिएँ.
- सिंघाड़े के आटे का हलुआ और इसकी रोटी खाएँ.
- 3 ग्राम शतावरी या सफेद मूसली लें, फिर इसमें 3 ग्राम मिस्री मिलाकर, गर्म दूध के साथ इसका सेवन करें.
- नागरमोथा, लाल चंदन, आक के फूल, अडूसा चिरायता, दारूहल्दी, रसौता, इन सबको 25-25 ग्राम लेकर पीस लें. पौन लीटर पानी में उबालें, जब यह आधा रह जाय तो छानकर उसमें 100 ग्राम शहद मिलाकर दिन में दो बार 50-50 ग्राम सेवन करें.
- माजू फल, बड़ी इलायची और मिस्री को बराबर मात्रा में पीस लें. एक सप्ताह तक दिन में तीन बार लें. एक सप्ताह के बाद फिर दिन में एक बार 21 दिन तक लें.
Red meat vs. White meat - what's better for you?
Meat forms an essential part of the daily diet of many people. But it often gets difficult to choose between white meat (chicken or fish) and red meat (beef or pork or mutton) due to the numerous health benefits offered by both. Moreover, both kinds of meat have some health risks as well, which should be kept in mind while consuming either of them.
Read on to find how each type of meat may affect your health, and, which will be more beneficial for your body.
People who are more conscious about their weight often tend to choose white meat over red meat because of its lower fat content. For example, fat content in chicken is only about 11%, whereas pork contains about 45% fat. Moreover, the saturated fat content of red meat is about 2.64 times that of white meat.
100 gm of chicken breast has about 29.80 gm of protein, whereas the same amount of lamb and pork contain 22.51 gm and 27.55 gm protein respectively. In this case, consumption of white meat will prove to be beneficial as your body can absorb only 74% of the protein in red meat and 80% of the protein in white meat.
Other nutrient content
Red meat is rich in niacin, vitamin b12, riboflavin and thiamine, iron and minerals like zinc and phosphorus. While vitamin b12 aids proper nerve health and ensures that the red blood cells function properly, zinc is responsible for strengthening your immune system.
White meat contains fewer nutrients in comparison to red meat. However, fish contains high amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which help in improving lipid profiles and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Consumption of both types of meat has been long associated with increased risk of different diseases. The presence of myoglobin, a type of protein in red meat, is responsible for increasing the risk of certain types of cancer. Also, red meat has been often linked with increased chances of hypertension and heart diseases.
These days, feeding antibiotics to chicken for enlarging their size has become a common practise. So, consumption of this type of meat increases the amount of drug-resistant bacteria in your body and reduces the effect of useful drugs too.
White meat and red meat both have their own health benefits and risks, so including small amounts of both in your diet will prove to be beneficial for your body. Determine the amount of each type of meat you will consume depending on your body's specific requirements.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Dear madam, My friend was blessed with baby girl through operation. And she is getting swelled her stitches. She is getting dressing every 2 days but she is not getting relief in stitches, what to do? Is there any medicine?
Dear doctor, I am 6 months pregnant, my placenta is 3.5cm from cervix, is it still low, do I really need bed rest, please advise.
I miss my date. Which is expected 22th of march. Last tym I had a sex without protection after 7days free for my monthly circulation. So I am confused that I am pregnant or not.
Endometriosis is a painful condition where the endometrium tissue lining the walls of the uterus, grows as implants outside the womb of the patient. This can lead to a number of painful conditions and is often considered as a common cause behind severe pelvic pain, as far as women are concerned. Here is all you need to know about Endometriosis and pelvic pain.
- Painful Menstruation: Depending on the stage of the condition, the implants could remain on the surface or go deeper into the ovaries which may cause acute and severe problem during ovulation as well as the menstrual cycles. This is one of the symptoms that one must not ignore. If you are having painful cramps that affect the pelvic area and the abdomen, and if these cramps last throughout the duration of the cycle, then there are strong chances that you are experiencing the pain that comes with Endometriosis.
- Pain During and After Intercourse: While there are many reasons why women may face pain during intercourse, it may be noted that vaginal and pelvic pain that come during and after intercourse could point towards the presence of Endometriosis, which is causing irritation and discomfort due to the implants.
- Bowel Movements and Urination: Usually, pelvic pain may trickle down to and also get activated by the bowels when there is a motion as well as urination. This is a common problem that can cause pain, which spreads throughout the region if the patient is suffering from Endometriosis.
- Bloating and Other Symptoms: When the abdomen and nearby regions face bloating due to the implants and their painful spread, the pelvic region as a whole bears the brunt in terms of severe pelvic pain. The bloating and other symptoms like loose motions and constipation can also create pain in the abdomen and pelvic region on a persistence basis. Sharp pains may also shoot up and down the lower back due to such symptoms which should not be ignored if they do not abate within a few days.
- Misdiagnosis: Many times, the bloating and pelvic pain may be linked with pelvic inflammatory disease, which causes pain in the muscles and joints. But if you are having pain in the abdomen as well as problems during your menstrual cycle, then it may be helpful to have the tests for Endometriosis done as well.
In order to diagnose the condition, the doctor must ensure that proper imaging tests like MRI and CT scans as well as an ultrasound with lab tests based on blood samples have been conducted. The pelvic pain that comes with this condition can be treated with the help of pain relievers like ibuprofen and aspirin.
Iam an eight month pregnant women having twenty one years old and first pregnancy. And also having iron tablets and calcium tablets daily. I had heavy pain and bleeding from my teeth. What is the reason for this?
Menorrhagia is menstrual condition characterized by an abnormal loss of blood or heavy, prolonged bleeding. Although heavy bleeding is not uncommon in premenopausal women, menorrhagia is a severe condition which generally interferes with your daily activities. If your vagina bleeds irregularly or between periods, in addition to such heavy bleeding that at least one pad or tampon gets soaked every few hours, it is highly recommended that you seek medical attention.
Signs and symptoms of menorrhagia include:
- Soaking through more than one tampon or sanitary pad for every few hours
- The need to use double sanitary protection
- Heavy bleeding for weeks on end
- The need to wake up at night to change your sanitary protection
- Restriction of daily activities due to heavy menstrual flow
- Symptoms of fatigue, such as excessive tiredness as well as shortness of breath
Although the exact causes are unknown, here are a few causes that may be responsible:
- Hormonal imbalance is when there is an hormone imbalance, the endometrium develops in excess and sheds away with menstruation
- In Ovary dysfunction, if your ovaries do not ovulate, your body won't be able to produce the hormone progesterone resulting in a hormonal imbalance problem which may lead to menorrhagia
- Uterine fibroids are benign tumors which start appearing in your childbearing years
- Polyps are small benign growths found on the uterine lining
- Adenomyosis occurs when your glands from the endometrium becomes embedded in the uterine muscle
- By using Intrauterine device (IUD) menorrhagia may occur as a side-effect
- Pregnancy complications, for instance, an ectopic pregnancy can cause it
- Inherited bleeding disorders, such as von Willebrand disease
- Certain medications like anti-inflammatory drugs
- Other medical conditions, like pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis
Treatment for menorrhagia depends on a number of factors like the cause and severity of the condition, or your tolerance for specific therapies or medications.
Some drug therapies for menorrhagia include:
- Iron supplements
- Tranexamic acid
- Oral progesterone
- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Oral contraceptives
- Hormonal IUD
If drug therapy is ineffective, other treatment options may include:
- Dilation and curettage
- Focused ultrasound ablation
- Uterine artery embolization
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.