Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShashikanthYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor I am 31 years old and I am very fat. I have lot of cravings for sweets. I can't control it and I love to eat a sweet or junk food all the time. Is there any lack of nutrition in my body? I want to avoid this but can't control the cravings. Please suggest any nutritional food so that my cravings are stopped.
Diet for PCOD and Scope of Homoeopathy
PCOD is a very common condition seen in women these days. Women with PCOD are more prone to developing serious health conditions. There are several causes that lead to this condition, one of the primes of them being the diet we choose and our lifestyle. Given below are some important Do’s and Don’ts to follow, for women with PCOD and for all those who would like to prevent this condition. A little extra care if taken in effectively managing our diet and lifestyle could go a long way in preventing PCOD.
- Wheat products (wheat bread, wheat pasta)
- Natural diuretic fruits
- Raw fruits (especially apple, pear etc.) and vegetables
- Oats, Corn, Butter, eggs, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushroom, onions, peppers, spinach, vegetable oil, soya beans, apricots, blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, figs, grapes, honeydew, lemon, tomato juice, kiwi fruit, pineapple, plum, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, mango, cheese, radishes, olive oil, nuts, salmon fish, flaxseeds
- Protein rich foods
- High fiber rich food and Vit B rich food
- Opt for lean meat. Avoid chicken though, as they may be injected with male hormone to increase the muscle bulk, which would trigger PCOD
- Move to Soy products instead of milk, as milk has the tendency to increase the testosterone levels
- Include 1-2 litres of water in your diet, which avoids water retention
- Divide meals into small healthy 5-6 meals per day, instead of 3 heavy meals and never miss breakfast
- Sit –ups, push –ups
- Skipping helps you to lessen binge eating, the release of serotonin and dopamine will keep your stress levels low.
- Stress free methods such as Yoga, meditation, listening to music etc.
- All whites (Maida, white bread, pasta, etc.)
- Junk or fast foods, cakes, cookies, sweets, chocolates, soft drinks and soda, desserts etc.
- Avoid red meat, whole milk dairy, fried food, margarines
- Reduce Sodium intake, by avoiding sauces, chips, salted nuts, canned soups
- Quit smoking –as it stimulates Androgen
- Avoid alcohol
Scope of Homoeopathy in PCOD:
Homeopathic approach towards management of PCOD is constitutional, taking into account the presenting complaints along with physical, mental and genetic make-up that individualizes a person. It involves prescribing “Constitutional Medicine”, which is also capable for working on the Ovaries and the entire Endocrine system. The treatment logic varies depending on the presence of any genetic predisposition, physical makeup (obesity), peculiarities of your menstrual, etc. In Homoeopathy, medicines are given to induce ovulation in a natural way, which would improve and regularize your menstrual cycle and also helps in the prevention or minimization of cyst formation.
What to in case of back sprain. I bent and some pull up has occurred. Pain is bearable. Bt discomfort in turning side while sleeping and doing normal activities. Has something occurred from spinal cord. Please tell
I have been getting severe back pain since the last one week though I don't know what was the reason for the pain. In the night pain is more. Suggest me a remedy to overcome my problem.
The way you look affects the way you feel. A lack of security about one's appearance can hamper his or her overall confidence. Being overly concerned about one's physical appearance does not always result from vanity. It could be the plain and simple desire of being acceptable to oneself. Hair plays an important role in the process. Premature hair thinning, receding hairline, increased hair fall and other problems related to your scalp are directly proportional to your psychological health. Therefore, a little knowledge about alternative ways to accelerate hair growth can prove to be significant in dire times of need.
What are Hair Plugs?
Hair plugs are no more the best deal for hair regeneration in present times. This practice was mostly prevalent in the 1950s when other effective ways of hair transplant weren't heard of. In this process, strands of hair were removed from the back of your scalp, which had more hair in comparison to the centre of the scalp, only to be implanted in the balding area. Circular slits were made in the balding area to extract tissues and enable successful implantation. Once, hair transplant was conducted, you were left with injuries. These injuries would heal with due time or they would be stitched up by your doctor.
Hair Transplant: an overview
Hair transplant can be understood as an umbrella term for multiple procedures used to enhance hair growth. The most widely applied method is known as Magnified Follicular Unit Micrografting. A surgeon is required to transplant hair from the 'donor site' to the 'recipient site'. Hair follicles can be taken from any part of your body to be implanted onto your scalp. While transplanting, the surgeon carries a graft from one part of the body to another; a graft consists of the hair follicle, bulb and surrounding tissues.
Why are hair transplants preferred to hair plugs?
- Hair plugs can make you look artificial. The hair implanted in the balding area resembles doll hair. Transplanted hair can be strictly made from natural hair making you look weird. In certain cases thus, hair plugs can also intensify your problem. On the other hand, hair transplants gift you with natural looking hair.
- Hair plugs leave you with bigger and deeper scars. Even after these injuries heal, the donor site remains patchy with white spots on it. This is mainly because hair plugs involve removal of a lot of surrounding tissues. Hair transplants will relieve you from these long lasting and painful wounds.
Related Tip: "When to Go for Hair Transplant"
For e. G.I have a dest job and in the last 2 years my weight has gone up from 75 kgs to 85 KGS. I want to lost weight. Please help.
The first line of defence against toxins is your liver, it acts like a filter in preventing toxic substances contained in foods from passing into your blood stream.
Tops Foods to Help Cleanse the Liver:
Helps activate liver enzymes that help your body flush out toxins. They also have large amounts of allicin and selenium that help cleanse the liver.
High in vitamin C and antioxidants, which boosts the production of liver detoxification enzymes and increases the natural cleansing process of your liver.
Lemons and Limes
These citrus fruit contain high amounts of vitamin C, which help stimulate the liver and aid the synthesizing of toxic materials into substances that can be absorbed by water. Did you know lemons are also a natural replacement for salt in your diet. They are high in electrolytes which support your body but they don’t dehydrate your cells like sodium. Lemons on their own are acidic, but are alkalizing to your body. They help neutralize toxins, excrete waste and start the entire digestive process.
Top Foods To Cleanse Your Liver
Are rich in pectin, this soluble fibre helps remove toxins and cholesterol from the blood. They’re also rich in malic acid, a natural cleansing nutrient that removes carcinogens and other toxins from the blood. Did you know Granny Smith apples are rich in malic acid and one of the most antioxidant-rich apple varieties.
Green veggies such as spinach, kale, chard, romaine and arugula are high in plant chlorophylls which absorb environmental toxins, increase bile production, and neutralize heavy metals, chemicals, and pesticides. By absorbing these toxins, it lowers the burden on the liver.
Beets and Carrots
They are high in plant-flavonoids and beta-carotene, they help stimulate and improve overall liver function.