Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shashikanth
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. ShashikanthYour feedback matters!
Hair loss often starts as a problem we tend to brush aside until it actually starts showing up in worrying quantities on the hair brush. Suddenly, we observe our scalp to be more visible, there is more hair in the shower drain, on our shoulders and on our seats. It is common to shed around 50 hairs in a day but when this dramatically changes to 150+ a day, you need to take action as quickly as possible.
Hair loss can occur in men and women at any age. It can be a temporary phenomenon or an ongoing one and be caused by a range of reasons like change of environment, shampoo, genetic problems, health problems and more. The main thing is to first identify the reason for the hair fall before treating it for long term solutions and nutritional deficiencies are one of the important cause of hair fall along with thyroid disorders and stress.
Here are some of the common ways to deal with hair loss at home:
- Wash it right: Detangle your hair fully and slowly before you get into the shower. That way it won't get tangled and messy when wet. Next, use cold water to wash your hair. If the water is too hot, it may dry your hair and add to your woes. The most important step here is to use the right products for your hair wash. Use a mild shampoo as much as possible and take time out to deep condition your hair. Be sure to use products that you have tried and tested before only. Last but not the least, use a hair serum after your wash to strengthen it and prevent breakage. Refrain from combing wet hair.
- Get to the root of the cause: The most common reason for hair loss in both men and women is androgenetic alopecia, also called pattern baldness. The most common occurrence happens around menopause. The other causes can be side effects of brief illness, stress and reaction to drugs. Once you catch the cause, the course of treatment can chart an effective path.
- Try medication: There are several medicines out there that promise to revitalize your locks and enhance new hair growth. These include massage oils, scalp creams and oral pills all of which can be taken individually or in combination to promote hair growth. Be sure to consult a doctor before you start on this.
- Improve your diet: Eating iron rich food with a copious quantity of protein and zinc can also work wonders to internally strengthen your hair. Pumpkin seeds, eggs, shellfish, wheat germ are some of the items you can include in your daily diet to improve your hair quality.
- Hairstyle with care: Women can start with the simple hairstyling trick of adding layers which gives a sense of volume and bounce. Couple it with large curls and you have a perfect illusion of lush healthy hair. But limit the parlor to only haircuts. Avoid the blow dry or colouring, straightening or ironing that can cause further damage.
If you are losing sleep over losing your hair, it's time you consult a professional. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello Doctor, I am 24years old, I wants to gain my weight faster, can I use Nutrigain Tablet? Please suggest me how can I gain my weight,
Also known as sexual climax, orgasm is the sudden ejection of stored sexual excitement during the process of having sex. It involves the rhythmic flexing of the muscles near the pelvic area resulting in an immensely pleasurable experience. Considered an involuntary action, it is experienced by both men and women, though they occur due to different circumstances.
While the sexual stimulation of the penis is responsible for orgasm in males, it is the stimulation of the clitoris that causes the same in women. In both the sexes the body undergoes certain changes during orgasm.
Few of them are:
Effect on genitals: Though orgasm results in a pleasurable experience in both men and women, their genitals do not react in a similar way. Women experience a heady rush as the blood flow to the clitoris and vagina. Subsequently, the vagina secretes lubricants and increases in size. On the other hand, men experience a feeling of contraction and throbbing in their penis and prostate region. Despite the differences, the genitals in the cases release powerful sexual energy during orgasm.
Increase in blood rate and rapid breathing: This condition is common to both men and women. Due to the dilation of the blood vessels, both the sex experience an increase in heart rate, contraction of muscles and rapid breathing during orgasm.
Release of hormones: During orgasm, there is an excessive discharge of oxytocin in both men and women. When this hormone floods the brain, it creates feelings of intimacy and a sense of warm bond. However, in males another hormone called testosterone is released which operates as a counter to the effects of oxytocin.
Effects on brain during orgasm: The brain of men and women operate differently. The periaqueductal gray also known as PAG, an area responsible to control fights, is activated in women. At the same time, women also experience a sudden decrease in apprehension and fear. However, the same does not happen in the case of men.
Stimulation of nerve endings: During orgasm, millions of nerve endings on the penis, vaginal opening, testes and clitoris are triggered and stimulated. This consequently produces the feeling of an arousal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
My wife's period date is 26, today after 10 days she did not get period nor pregnancy, we try to chek it by prega news but it's saw negative, what should I have to do?
I have an pimples problem from last 2 year. I have an field work. Always on travelling. Please give me the best of best thing from that I can prevent pimples from and look smart and handsome.
Asthma is a chronic lung disease that is caused due to swelling and narrowing of airways, which carry air to the lungs. These swollen airways are very delicate and react to triggers, which are micro things inhaled by the patient. These inflamed airways also create extra mucus, making it very problematic for the patient to breathe. The muscles of airways get tight, thereby adding to the problem of asthma.
Causes of asthma
The exact cause of asthma is unknown. But it is mainly caused due to genetic factors enhanced by environmental conditions. The environmental conditions include pollution and allergens, apart from certain viral infections since infancy.
The triggers of asthma include but are not restricted to dust mites, tobacco smoke, pollen, air pollution, mold, physical activity, respiratory Infections, cold and allergy to some foods.
Asthma attack is caused when the airways in the lungs can't get enough air due to their reaction to asthma triggers, followed by inflammation of airways.
Some patients have mild symptoms when they exercise or do any other breathtaking activity. On the other hand, some people have severe symptoms, which can be treated with medications.
Asthma is caused among people of various ages. First, it starts with severe coughing and shortness of breath, which don't go away. When these affected people are taken to the doctors, asthma is the first disease they suspect. Many people miss asthma because it has initial symptoms of coughing, which are considered to be a normal case. A person suffering from frequent chest colds may be diagnosed with asthma.
There is no proper cure for asthma, but it can be controlled with medicines. People who have asthma should consult their doctor and go for regular check-ups. The doctor provides guidelines for managing the condition of asthma as there are some activities that the patient will be restricted to do. The patients should avoid coming in contact with asthma triggers and take medical help to treat the symptoms. Daily treatment of asthma helps in prevention of symptoms. Often, doctors prescribe asthma inhalers, which must be taken by the patients. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!