Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shashikanth
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. ShashikanthYour feedback matters!
I have suffering from fever last 6 months headque. vomiting and so please tell me how to solved this problem.
I'm suffering from hypertension and diabetes what exercise routine should I follow? Can I do weight training and running?
My friend is 32 yrs old married lady. From one week she has itching, redness, swelling and white discharge from genital. She has a light fever, constipation and tiredness and burning and frequent urination also. Are these the symptoms of Gonorrhea?
My wife is 43 years old she is heart patient and taking ditide tab, now she is not getting menses Utrual cycle from last two months. We checked through I can pregnancy test it was negative with one bar. What to do? I am scared.
I am not feeling well from 2-3 days. I am aslo unable to sleep at nights. Its really very painful. What should I do.? Please help me.
I had sex a day before my periods and a day after my periods. We used condom and also I took ipill after that. My periods date was 28, but now its about 13 days more after my due date, can there be any possibility of getting pregnant. I can't feel any changes in my body nothing. I'm very tensed. Kindly please answer.
A menstrual cramp is something which every woman complains of for a day or two every month. Menstrual cramps are usually the pains felt in the lower abdomen, which can occur both before and during a woman's menstrual period. These cramps are caused by a hormone called prostaglandin that causes the uterine muscles to contract during menstruation. When the uterus contracts to shed its natural lining during your period it releases a hormone called prostaglandins which causes pain and inflammation. So higher the level of prostaglandins more severe the menstrual cramps.
It might be just a minor discomfort for some, but for others it can be severe. The symptoms of menstrual cramps include pain in the abdomen, pressure in the abdomen and pain in the hips, lower back, and inner thighs as well. However, if the cramps are severe you might have an upset stomach, loose stools and vomiting too.
Three out of four women experience menstrual pains and every one out of 10 women experiences severe cramps. Here are few remedies that might help in relieving the pain:
- Exercise, brisk walking or any type of physical activity can help to ease your belly pain as by being physically active your body pumps more blood, which helps in releasing endorphins to counteract the prostaglandins and reduce your cramps.
- Apply heat on the lower abdomen or the area where you feel the pain as it helps to relax the contracting muscles in your uterus.
- Improve your diet by reducing fat and increasing vegetables. However, avoid foods that contain caffeine and salt.
- Take a warm bath as it may also provide some relief.
- Add ginger in your food as it helps in lowering the levels of the pain-causing prostaglandins.
- Drink chamomile tea at least three times a day.
- Take fish oil supplements, vitamin B1 or both.
- Make sure to get enough vitamin D.
- Have an orgasm as it releases endorphins which has a pain-relieving effect and helps in boosting your mood as well.
- Include more dietary magnesium such as dry almonds and boiled spinach as it helps to ease the pain of cramps.
- Acupuncture also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Take a safe painkiller to reduce pain.
- Birth control pills may help relieve painful cramps, but they do come with side effects which may include spotting, breast tenderness, nausea and low sex drive.
- Refrain yourself from smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Finally, have appropriate rest.
Note: If you still do not get any relief despite trying some of these options then you must visit your doctor to rule out more serious health issues as the menstrual cramps are sometimes caused or worsened by other conditions and any sort of medications for such cramps are to be taken after consulting a Gynaecologist.
Glycosylated HB, is the HB that bound irreversibly to the glucose. Its an indicator of average sugar levels for the past 2-3 months. Several studies have shown that maintain Glyco Hb<7.0% can decrease a incidence of complication
So if some one are Diabetic , Doing Fasting and Post Lunch sugar is not enough measure Glyco HB at least in six months and maintain it below 7.0% to prevent Eye , Kidney and Nerve diseases with other complication due to Diabetes.