Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShashikanthYour feedback matters!
My cousin develops oil drops on face from 2 hour after washing the face due to face look oily .and she also have small visible pores on the face. Suggest her some good face wash and other ways to prevent it?
Hello. My friend have some sex issues. In past she had irregular periods. But aftr some treatment she is well. She is married since 3yrs. And she want be pregnant. But aftr great effort she can not. Have any suggestion.
Myself age 21 male I do gym suggest me a protein shake after my workout so that I can grow up mymuscles.
I am 22years old and suffering from severe hair fall and I have dry and damaged hair. I also have acne which are leaving scars on my faceMy skin is too much oily. What should I do?
Sebaceous cysts are also called as epidermoid cysts are characterized by the formation of small bumps beneath the skin, which are, however, noncancerous and can appear anywhere on the neck or face. Usually arising from sebaceous glands, sebaceous cysts are often harmless and take a long time to grow and develop. They normally do not cause any severe problems as such, but if they tend to be bothersome and painful, then you consult a doctor for treatment and diagnosis.
Signs and symptoms of sebaceous cysts include:
- Small, round bumps found underneath the skin.
- Formation of a thick, yellow, pungent-smelling material that may or may not leak from the cysts.
- Formation of small blackheads clogging the opening of the cyst.
- When inflamed, the area turns reddish in color and may swell up.
Causes behind it
Sebaceous cysts develop when the sebaceous glands or ducts are either damaged or clogged. Sebaceous glands generally secrete keratin and sebum, oils which are responsible for coating the hair and skin. Whenever they get blocked, these fluids accumulate, resulting in the formation of cysts. Whenever they get damaged, the cysts burst open and keratin oozes out as a thick and yellow fluid. Blockage or damage can occur because of any of the following reasons:
- Cuts, scratches and surgical wounds.
- Skin conditions like acne.
- Genetic problems like Garner's syndrome.
- Cell damage because of surgery.
- A deformed gland or duct.
A few factors which may make you more vulnerable to growing sebaceous cysts:
- If you have a history of acne.
- If you receive injuries to the skin.
- If you are past the age of puberty.
- If you have rare genetic disorders.
If the cysts trouble or bother you in any way, you should consider receiving treatment as they can cause further problems in the near future. These may include:
- Boil-like infections.
- Genital discomforts such as problems in urinating.
- Even when it is not infected, a cyst can get inflamed causing a lot of pain and uneasiness.
- Sebaceous cysts can, in extremely rare cases, lead to skin cancer.