Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shashikala R PatilYour feedback matters!
The best dr I had ever come across my life..Very friendly n give best treatment make us to know n give knowledge abt our healthhealth by explaining with diagram ...really nice dr
• Crystallisation of chemicals and minerals present in urine leads to kidney stones
Natural home remedy using kidney beans:
1. Take 60 gm kidney beans
2. Add 4 L of water
3. Heat for 4-5 hr
4. Strain the liquid through a fine muslin cloth
5. Allow the liquid to cool
6. Drink 1 glass of this liquid once every 2 hr in a day
7. Do this for a week
8. Do not use the liquid or the beans again 24 hr after the 1st preparation
Natural home remedy using horse gram and pomegranate seeds:
1. Take 1 cup of horse gram
2. Add ½ L water
3. Heat the mixture till water level reduces to 1/5th
4. Strain and collect the soup
5. Add 2 tsp of crushed pomegranate
6. Mix well
7. Drink once a day
Natural home remedy using basil leaves and honey:
1. Take 10-15 basil leaves
2. Crush them to make paste
3. Take 1 tsp of basil leaf paste
4. Press on a sieve and extract its juice
5. Add 1 tsp honey
6. Mix well
7. Drink this every day
• Drink a glass of apple juice every day
My wife suffering, small sand like bubble appeared inside and outer side of vagina. Itching is there. Please help.
I took unwanted 72 and since then after 3 days I started bleeding but its irregular and abdominal aches is it nomal, what should I do?
Are you worried about the labour pain? It is perhaps the most difficult phase of a woman's life. But today, there is no reason to worry for. Thanks to epidurals, you can give birth to your baby without experiencing the pain involved.
Epidural is the new age anaesthesia. It is used to block pain in a specific region of the body. A patient is not made unconscious fully at the time of any surgery. He or she is given epidural for regional anaesthesia. Its use has become popular during childbirth. A pregnant woman is given epidural at the time of labour or c-section. It provides relief from the pain rather than cutting off the patient's feelings or senses.
Although it has become a widely accepted technique, women worry about the safety of epidurals. They are concerned about the safety of the baby and their health. But it is absolutely safe.
- How do these work?: There are nerves in our body, which carry the pain signals to the brain. These nerves pass through epidural spaces. Therefore, anaesthesia is injected into these spaces to stop the pain signal from reaching the brain. This blocks the pain. If you are pregnant and thinking whether to go for epidural or not, you will have a lot of questions in mind. Here's all that you need to know about epidurals:
- Effect on baby's and mother's health: Use of epidurals tends to increase the time of labour by 20 minutes approximately. The mother may develop fever. However, it blocks the pain. This is some relief to the mother. As there is no pain, stress hormones are not released. Thus, blood will not be diverted from uterus and placenta. Baby's supply of nutrients and oxygen will remain intact.
- How painful it is?: Women mostly worry about the painful insertion of the epidural needle. However, this will not hurt you. A small needle is first inserted to make the area numb. Thereafter the bigger needle is inserted. You may feel the discomfort for five seconds. The epidural medicine starts functioning just after 5 minutes of insertion.
- Procedure: First the patient is made to take the suitable position. While some may be asked to lie sideways, others may be asked to sit straight. The area is cleaned with a solution. The small needle is first inserted to create numbness in the area. Once the area is numb, the bigger needle is inserted. You might feel a pinching sensation. Thereafter, a catheter is threaded to the epidural space, where the nerve carrying signal of pain passes through. Epidural medicines are pushed into the region via the catheter. Epidurals don't affect your nerve endings or spinal cord. They are pushed into the epidural space. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I have taken regesterone 5mg for five days and my period started on 30 may & finished on 2nd june should I take contraceptive pill now and which contraceptive pill is safe & how should I take that pill. Kindly please suggest.
I am a 45 years old lady unmarried, for three years I am facing heavy bleeding during menstruation with severe pain in my abdomen when consulted to the lady doctor she said this is adenomyosis and the only solution is operation, how can get relief without operation?
I am having a small lymph in my underarm, that feels like as if a swollen vein and it pains a little when touched, otherwise it ok. This has been with me for a year or more. My periods are normal, just that I tend to be a regular victim of seasonal fluctuation and susceptible to common cold and cough every year. I recently got married 6 months back and 1 month expecting at present. Please suggest what can be done for the armpit or I shouldn't worry and stop touching it often to check pain (i do that at times)
I want to loose my weight. Is there any medication to get rid of body weight. Is it true people with ovarian cyst gain weight.Please tell.
Hi I do unprotected sex with my bf today at 1.30 pm approx. Nd today is the last day of my periods. I am in a lot of tension I do not want to get pregnant. What can I do please tell me early.
Mood disorders are characterized by emotional disturbance in the patient and are of different kinds. This further leads to disruption in physical, social and thought processes in an individual. The two major mood disorders are mania and depression. In case of mania, the patient develops intense, unrealistic feelings, and in depression the patient becomes extremely sad and feels dejected. In some cases, a person may experience both mania and depression, while in other cases, a person only goes through depression. Mood disorders are classified into two major categories:
- Unipolar, where a patient experiences only depression.
- Bipolar, where a patient experiences mania and depression at the same time.
Homeopathic medicines are extensively used for treating mood disorders. Homeopathy works effectively on mood disorders and gives satisfactory results. There are several homeopathic medicines for mood disorders, which are prescribed on the basis of the causes of a certain mood disorder. Here is a list of common homeopathic remedies for mood disorders and when they are used:
- Anacardium: It is a homeopathic medicine used in curing mood disorders where the patient talks foolish and imagines foolish, baseless things. The patient turns irritable and quarrelsome as he loses self-confidence. Stupidity and childishness are indicated. The patient laughs on serious matters and feels like having a dual personality.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is used to treat mood disorders, which fall under the category of mania. The patient’s will power gets deranged, develops extra sexual excitement, and talks without sense. The patient becomes wild and offends others without any reason. He feels like touching every person and objects around and uses offensive language.
- Stramonium: This medicine is used in mood disorders where a patient develops weird ideas, talks with imaginary friends, becomes unclean and unhygienic and experiences fear. He looks frightened and in horror. The patient desires company.
- Arsenic album: Arsenic album is used for the cure of mood disorders where a patient develops a tendency of self mutilation. He feels worthless and is in despair. The memory gets weak, and any slight dispute makes the patient furious; he feels a rush of blood to the head. He fears death and fears of getting deserted by others. Acute melancholia is indicated.
- Hyoscyamus: This is another homeopathic medicine, which treats mood disorders. Hyoscyamus is used when a patient becomes idiotic and silly. The patient becomes lewd and lascivious. Lews gestures are likely among patients with this disorder. The patient becomes a nymphomaniac. This mood disorder arises from jealousy, fights and failed love relationships.
Homeopathy treats mood disorders effectively and most naturally. For each kind of mood disorder, there is a homeopathic remedy. When taken correctly, successful results are attained. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am 35 years old woman .i want to know what expense would get on opt. for tubal realisation procedure.Please tell.
Hello sir, I am 27 years old married female there is very bad odor comes from my genitals area and this is very embarrassing sometimes. Do I need to consult a doc for this or any product available in market which I can use.
I have PCOD (Poly cystic ovary disease. I am seeing a doctor but I don't see any improvement in my health. I have irregular periods from the beginning. What should I do?
It does pain me a lot during periods even the flow is very less .what should I do ? Suggest home remedy pls.
Exercises like jogging give great benefits during the cold weather, provided they are done in the correct way. Jogging not only keeps you active throughout the day by increasing your energy level, but also helps you in maintaining your shape even if you consume some extra calories when the weather is relatively pleasant or colder than usual like it is during winters. Read on to find out the do’s and don’ts of jogging.
1. Wear thin and loosely woven clothing
Opt for clothes made of thin synthetic material while jogging. This is because this type of material is beneficial in absorbing the sweat from your body. Additionally, you can wear an outer layer of nylon, to ensure that you remain protected from the wind and precipitation, besides maintaining the heat balance of your body. Never wear cotton while jogging as it does not absorb sweat and leaves you with a wet feeling.
2. Cover your hands and feet properly
The heat possessed by your body escapes mostly through your hands and feet (as much as 30% of heat is released by them). So, make sure to cover your hands and feet with running gloves and socks during jogging when the cold is mild, and with mittens when the temperature further decreases. Wear wicking sock liners underneath your woollen socks to soak the moisture generated while running.
3. Maintain your regular fluids intake
Irrespective of the type of weather, your body loses fluids in the form of sweat while jogging. In addition to this, the chilly air of the winter increases the chances of dehydration. So, keep yourself hydrated during, before and after jogging by drinking enough water or sport drinks.
4. Warm up
It is necessary to stretch out a bit before jogging to wake up your tired muscles. So, before starting your daily jogging regime make sure that you get a bit of physical activity.
1. Stay in damp clothes
Getting wet from rain or sweat while jogging on a cold day, increases your chances of developing hypothermia by decreasing the body temperature further. Immediately change your clothes if they are wet and turn on your heater to warm yourself.
Never dress in a way that makes you feel warm and comfortable before starting to jog. This is going to make you feel warmer as your movements increase, and in turn results in more sweating or discomfort.
3. Forget to cover your head
It may be an astonishing fact, but your body actually loses 40% of its heat through the head. So, never make the mistake of leaving your head bare before stepping outside to jog in the winter. You can wear a hat, woollen cap or a scarf during this time to protect your head.
CAUTION: Jogging at a slower pace is a low impact exercise as compared to running. Research has shown that jogging at slow speed is better than running because of lower impact on foot, ankle, knee and hip joints. However if you have any medical conditions then you should discuss with your medical practitioner to know if jogging is safe for you.