Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shashikala R Patil
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shashikala R PatilYour feedback matters!
The best dr I had ever come across my life..Very friendly n give best treatment make us to know n give knowledge abt our healthhealth by explaining with diagram ...really nice dr
Sir, Me and My wife had intercourse today and we are planing to have kids after one year. We thought to use Option 72 as a contraceptive. We are now afraid after listening that this pill will avoid pregnancy for 3 years. Is it true?
Hi doctor, My girlfriend is 20 years old, she had her last period on 20th of july 2018, we did not have sex after 20th. And her period has not come yet, she experienced a little spotting of blood around 25th day of her cycle, what cold be the reason of delay of her period? Just to make it sure we did not had sex after her period came.
Me and my partner had a sex on june 15th. N today is the first day of her periods. She is on periods. Should we take a pregnancy test now?
Do you know that the future health of your baby is decided before you even conceive? Your preconception health is very important. Planning a baby is a demanding task, but if you plan it well you will have a healthier and easier pregnancy.
These are a few tips which can do wonders
1. Relaxation at Work and Household Backup - Plan out your work schedule. You might need to change your work hours or may be change the job profile. You will also need someone to help you out with the household chores around this time.
2. Finances - Get your finances settled and insurance plan changed accordingly.
3. Lifestyle Modification - Eat healthy. Stop the intake of alcohol and stop smoking. Set aside a time for regular exercise if possible. Try to lose that extra flab and stay very active.
4. Reduce Stress - Create a support system for yourself. Engage in activities that uplift your mood.
5. Take Folic Acid - Take 400 mcg of folic acid tablet daily. It helps prevent birth defects of brain and spine in the baby.
6. Avoid Exposure to - Harmful chemicals, metals and toxic substances at workplace and home. Protect yourself from infections. Stay away from cats.
7. Up-to-Date Vaccination - Make sure your vaccination is complete. Vaccination against rubella and flu are very important. It is also important to maintain a gap of at least one month between your rubella shot and pregnancy planning.
8. Optimize your Medical Condition - If you have Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Epilepsy or any other medical condition you must take complete advice from the physician. Blood pressure and sugar levels have to be under full control. The type and dose of the drug may need modifications.
9. Check Family History - Ask your parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts and cousins about any health problems in the family like genetic problems, mental retardation or malformations in babies. This can help your Gynaecologist to determine which problems to look for and how to prevent it.
10. Visit your Doctor - Carry a record of your medical conditions, family history and a checklist of your queries. Get tested for Li Blood Group, Thalassemia, HIV, Thyroid levels, and Blood Sugars. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.