Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shashikala.kYour feedback matters!
I am losing my hair from two sides of my head and akso have dandruff problem. Please Suggest me some medicine, shampoo or oil to stop hairfall and regain my hairs. And how can I take care my hair properly?
I have holes in my face due to pimples. So what should I do. Even what is the best cure for hairball.
I am fat after cesarine I am even doing dieting still I am fat so suggest me diet and also tell me the reason why I am fat. Even I checked my thyroid I don't've tat also. Even my skin becoming tan and lot of hair loss.
I have acne on my face. I used acne removal soap for 3 months but I can not see any change so what should I do?
I have wrinkles under the eye area is irritating am just 23 it is dominating my face please suggest me a product or medication I have to reduce it please.
Hi I am 21 yrs old my lips are very black though I haven't smoked yet, don't drink coffee, tea etc. It's very embarrassing when my friends & relatives taunts me about smoking. And I have dark pigmentation around my mouth too.
I have a lot of pimples on my face and they are also causing black spot. So how to get a skin free of black spots and pimples and a fairer skin.
I am 25 years old. I have problem of hairfall due to which now I have very less hair on scalp. Please advice.
I am 35 year old male and have dandruff in head since 15 year. Lot of medicine used from doctor but all in vain and semen pass in urine for 6 month with headache every day so what should I do?
There are 2 types of hair transplant methods, namely, Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT). In the FUE procedure, an incision is made near the hair follicle, after which the follicle is transplanted to the thinning area. Of the two processes, this is the costlier one and also takes a longer time since the procedure is repeated for each hair follicle. The FUT method, on the other hand, involves removing a strip of the outer layer of the skin and then transplanting it into the thinning area.
This procedure is simple and one hardly feels a thing
- The Planning Stage: In the planning phase, a surgeon finds out the density, color, quantity and the quality of the donor's hair. The face of the person is closely analyzed before the surgery starts. Every small detail is noted and observed by the doctor in this phase.
- Pre-surgery: The patient is required to wash the hair thoroughly with a shampoo one day prior to the surgery. The same process should be repeated with a scrub two hours before the surgery.
- Donor preparation: The donor hair is trimmed to 2-3 mm and injected with local anesthesia. The area is then injected with normal saline so that it swells. The patient then becomes ready for the surgery.
- Donor tissue removal: The hair tissue from the donor area is now removed one by one. The tissue consists of hair follicles that make transplantation possible. The doctor stitches the area and this stitch is removed after 10 days of surgery.
- Graft preparation: The tissue plucked from the donor area is then grouped. Every group consisting of hair follicles are monitored before they go through a lot of procedure. Many follicles are rejected after the procedure and the leftovers are used for replacement. Patients mostly relax during this time.
- Graft insertion: Now the recipient area is prepared by injecting local anesthesia. The surgeon goes on to make several incisions in the recipient area. The number of incisions done is equal to the number of follicles available from the donor. This is the most crucial step in the whole procedure. A transplant surgeon is required to focus on minute details such as the depth of incision, the angle of hair, location of placing the new follicles etc. The follicles are placed one by one. This procedure might take hours depending on the number of grafts to be implanted.
- Post-surgery procedure: Hair transplant is completed and the patient is sent back home on the same day. Most surgeons abstain from putting any bandage as there is a risk of damaging the draft. Tiny hair stubbles along with the incisions are witnessed after a couple of days from the surgery. The swelling that may result from this procedure quickly heals. You will see new strands of hair within a couple of weeks of the surgery.
My daughter is having red marks in her body since last couple of days which is increasing with time but she is drinking milk and water properly. Is it any problem or it is just because of hot weather?
Some of my friends used'skinlite' cream for fairness and they succeed. I heard that skinlite causes side effects, do they have side effects, can I use it?
Sir my hair is fallen sudenly what can I do to stop my hairfall what can I do to stop this. Please give me any idea to stop this ?
5 to 6 strawberries
2 teaspoons baking soda
Combine crushed strawberries and baking soda to make a paste.
Apply to the affected area before going to sleep.
Leave overnight and rinse with water the next morning.
Repeat nightly until results are visible.