Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShashikalaYour feedback matters!
I hav light periods in wich only 1st 2 days little bleeding n then 3 -4 days just spotting. Wat to do? Also I can not use any sort of sanitary napkin as it causes severe rashes. I can use only soft cotton cloth Pls help.
I took ipill within 24 hrs after had my first sex on 2nd day after my period end. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Next I take ipill immediately after had sex on 8th day of period end.
Sir I have one daughter and I want some gap for second baby Then what I do. I do not want use copper t If some medicine for 1 month 6 month etc pls suggest me.
I have a problem with my health. I am feeling unhealthy always. I can't work at all. What shall I do?
Hi. Doctor. I'm in my 29 week pregnancy. From last 15 days my lower abdominal hv a pain and at the morning time it is high. After taking any food except fruits, I feel a heavier pain in my stomach and every time that means after taking food I go to latrine. My weight is same as compared to previous month and my doctor told me that their is a food infection and I hv taking medicines but I didn't work. What should I do. Pls tell immediately.
5 great tips for getting rid of winter phlegm
We all hate having snotty noses, sore throats, and winter bugs that inevitably get into our systems, as the weather turns colder, but have you ever considered that there might be easy ways to clear up all the phlegm that’s obstructing your airways and making life uncomfortable? worry no more – here are five solutions for you to get rid of any offending mucus build-up in your airways as soon as possible:
1. Spice up your diet
Adding spices to your diet doesn’t only boost your immune system – it also helps your body with clearing out all the nasty stuff, not least any congestion in your nasal passages in your lungs. Add small amounts of garlic, oregano, turmeric, onions, and ginger, to your regular diet. Seeing as christmas is just around the corner, you can also try spicing some apple sauce with cloves, nutmeg or cinnamon.
All the foods i’ve just mentioned contain strong antibacterial properties, which help keep the winter bugs well away. If you have children, you might want to consider temporarily cutting out dairy from their diet and giving them multivitamins or immune boosters for a few days until the phlegm clears up.
2. Sleep well
Note that a blocked nose is always much worse at night-time, making it difficult to breathe and causing you to snore. Consider a saline spray and/or nose aspirators in order to keep your airways clear of phlegm. Another soothing way of clearing your airways is to inhale steam from a bowl of boiling water. You could even add a warm bath at the end of the day to your routine if you find that you’re consistently congested.
3. Get loads of fresh air
The colder air of the winter months tends to make all of us spend a lot more time indoors, but the reality is that for the sake of our health, we still need to ensure we get enough fresh air. Regardless of how cold it is outside, you’ll be fine if you wrap up in suitably warm clothing. In fact, taking a brisk walk is one of the best ways of drying out mucus and phlegm.
Fresh air opens up your lungs and increases blood flow, and this means that any bugs lurking in your system can be flushed out much more quickly than if you were to spend nine hours a day indoors.
4. Keep your bowels moving!
Many people don’t actually realize this, but constipation can hinder your immune function, thus leaving you more susceptible to illness. The usual cause of a sluggish digestive system is food stagnating in the intestines, which in turn can lead to toxic build-up, poor elimination and increased mucus formation.
These symptoms can be alleviated by drinking more water and eating foods which contain plenty of natural fiber, such as seasonal greens and fresh fruit.
5. Make your own phlegm-busting cordial
1. Place a few sprigs of thyme in a teapot.
2. Add a pint of boiling water.
3. Throw in a few sticks of cinnamon bark and several slices of freshly-chopped ginger.
4. Leave to infuse for about 10-15 minutes.
5. Once the water has cooled, strain and mix with a jar of good-quality honey.
6. Add roughly half a bag of brown sugar.
7. Heat the mixture in a saucepan until it begins to thicken.
8. Leave the resulting syrup to cool and store in the refrigerator.
Take a teaspoon of this syrup every morning, or add it to warm water infused with lemon juice for a delicious bedtime drink.
Is it a problem to have bleeding only one day or maximum one and half day during menstruation? The periods is perfectly regular, with no stomach pain.
I am pregnant I check up and the result is its around only a month so I do not want this child this child will be destroy by medicine?
Hello Doctor, I have been married since 8 months. Before my marriage I had leukorrhea I guess. I was taking homeopathic medicines for this but there was no effect .then it gotta cured by itself .again this problem started from last few days. I am getting weaker day by day. Losing interest in everything .constant irritation and itching happening with large amount of mucosal white discharge but no fowl odour. decreased appetite and light brownish urination too. Suffering with stomach ache and nausea continuously. Please help me out. Thanks.
I have got married in feb 16 but still after 5 months I haven't get pregnant where as me and my husband continuously doing sex without taking any precaution. Is it any serious matter. Actually I am 32. Is there any need to consult any gyno for further checkup or we can wait for our baby. Before marriage I have also done sex with some one numerous time.
Sir I was using medicines for postponing my periods last month. Than I had it, I had sex on second day of my period since then periods have stopped its been around 35 days. Can you tell me what can be the problem.
Hello doctors i'm a 8th month pregnant now. Last time when I met my doctor she suggested me to do exercises at home. I started doing n one of my family members told me not to do now as the baby is delicate in 8th month. I'm in a confusion now. 2) can I go out for shopping now? as I need to buy baby related things. Pls help me from this confusion:(
What really causes personality disorders?
Personality disorders (pd) are anomalies in behavioral patterns of an individual that are characterized by impairments in personal and interpersonal functioning. These are maladaptive psychological conditions that can be mild or intense and can affect a person's relations with others. These are not triggered by the external factors but are inherent abnormalities of behavior and conduct.
The human psyche is a vast and complex field of study which is so diverse that no two cases of psychological dysfunction are the exact same. Personality disorders are of numerous types, each having a different set of causes and traits.
Broadly speaking, they can be classified into three extensive 'clusters' or categories.
Cluster a includes odd or eccentric disorders like paranoid pd,
Cluster b includes dramatic or erratic disorders such as antisocial pd, and
Cluster c includes fearful and anxious disorders like avoidant pd.
Personality disorders are caused by a wide range of factors which impact each individual in a different manner. The most basic and common causes of pd are as follows:
- sexual abuse
- physical abuse
- emotional abuse
- verbal abuse
In most cases, abuse occurs during childhood and the pd takes manifestation in the teenage and adult years. A combination of multiple factors gives rise to complicated disorders which have more acute symptoms. Accidents and trauma can also give rise to personality disorders later in life.
Counseling and psychological therapy are used to tackle the problem and alleviate symptoms. Each case requires a different kind of approach and sometimes intake of medication is also deemed necessary. Diagnosis is always subjective and takes into account various aspects of the patient's life.
Hello doc, I was detected with vaginal fungal infection my doc advised to take zocon n deslor for 4 days n apply candid ointment for 4 days. Nw my doc has suggested to take zocon as kit at once. What is zocon as kit medicine for? N my doc suggested to have it at once. I. E. Five medicines at a time.
I am 26 years old n 28 weeks pregnant. I was 45 kgs and my height is 4'11 before conceiving and now gradually my weight has increased to 70 kgs. My legs and full body has swollen. please let me know if it is normal because I am very cautious about my diet from the very beginning.
Are you pregnant and planning on having a natural childbirth? There are several things to keep in mind when considering a natural childbirth. Natural birth involves no interventions and drugs and you need to prepare well for it. Here are some important tips you should follow, if you want to have a natural childbirth:
- Choose a birth environment of your choice: You should choose a safe place for giving birth. Many women feel more secure at home and prefer it as the place for giving birth, while some choose a hospital.
- Choose a care provider you trust: It is important for you to choose a trustworthy care provider, who will make you feel at ease and will pay respect to your wishes. In the case of giving birth in a hospital, you can opt for hiring a doula.
- Prepare your body: It is important to prepare your body physically before natural childbirth. Pregnancy is quite exhausting and makes you want to refrain from activities, but you should walk for some time every day to keep fit. Keeping your body in good shape will help you with stamina during delivery.
- Ice Game: You can play the ice game with your partner. It is a game designed to give you a glimpse of how to handle labor pain. This is more of an assessment, meant for giving you an idea about coping with pain of contractions. This method is also ideal for learning to deal with pain.
- Educate yourself: It is important for you to read a lot about pregnancy. You should read from the Internet and also from books and stories related to natural childbirth.
- Be positive: It is very important for you to maintain a positive state of mind, prior to your natural childbirth. You need to be determined and strong and reiterate to yourself that you are strong and will be able to cope with the process.
- Coping strategies: Learn about various coping strategies. Keeping your jaw relaxed, horse lips, and low moaning are some strategies you can try.
- Avoid cervical checks: Try avoiding cervical checks as much as possible, as they are not always a progressive measure. You do not have to be too much focused on dilation numbers.
- Prepare your partner: Your partner also has to play an important role during your childbirth. You should make him learn all the major facts regarding natural childbirth and let him know about your expectations and hopes for labor.
- Change positions during labor: You should try different positions during labor, and not think of being silly.
It is also important for you to get rid of preconceived ideas of natural childbirth from your mind. The process is different in different women, and you must embrace it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.