Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shashikala
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShashikalaYour feedback matters!
Me and husband daily have unprotected sex but still i'm not getting pregnant? Sperm go inside wht is the reason and wht to do for pregnancy.
I have ectopic pregnancy with hcg 300 before 4 days doctor gave me methotrexate 50 mg injection and now after 4 days my hcg is 217 but my bleeding is since last 30 days Pls suggest when bleeding will stop and when my ep will end completely.
The Uncircumcised Penis Debate - Are Woman For or Against?
When it comes to the male anatomy, there are two distinctive ways that the actual penis itself can appear: with or without a foreskin. Sure, a man can try all sorts of tricks to see what makes him look bigger, longer or more attractive, but by the time a man reaches adulthood he is probably pretty used to the equipment that does - or perhaps doesn't - come with his package. However, even with only two choices out there, the decision on whether or not to circumcise baby boys is one fretted over by many parents. But is there really a strong preference for one over the other? Are women more attracted to an uncut penis than a cut penis, or vice versa? Learn more about the great foreskin debate, as well as how to keep the penis healthy in any form.
What do Women Think?
As with every matter of opinion, there is no single answer that applies to every woman in the world. The U.S. does continue to have a high circumcision rate, and of U.S.-born men, the majority are circumcised at birth. That being said, some of woman's preferences are certainly culturally based, and they may have never had a face-to-face encounter with an uncircumcised penis. This doesn't mean they would not like an uncut penis; it just means they have never had the pleasure of trying one out.
Are there advantages or disadvantages to being circumcised?
In the U.S., the reason most people give for having their babies circumcised is hygiene. A circumcised penis is easier to keep clean, does not produce the same buildup of dead skin cells and bacteria (i.e., smegma), and has a lower risk of contracting sexually transmitted infections. Additionally, men who have their foreskin intact tend to have a higher rate of urinary tract infections; whereas men who are cut rarely get UTI's. Does that mean men who have a foreskin are unclean or dirty? No. It just means they will need to take more care during the shower routine and retract the foreskin to clean under it.
Perhaps the biggest debate regarding the foreskin is whether it increases or decreases sensitivity. The foreskin itself has very few nerve endings, but the glans is jam-packed and therefore extremely sensitive. Men with the foreskin intact make the argument that their penis is more sensitive because the foreskin protects the delicate head of the penis, whereas the uncut penis has no protection and therefore becomes desensitized from friction of clothing and so forth. The only way to know for a man to know for sure what he prefers is to go from being uncut to cut, but he sure will have a hard time reversing that if he prefers the former.
Should a man get circumcised to get more ladies?
There are legitimate reasons to have a circumcision done as an adult - for instance, chronic infection or an inability to retract the foreskin are both situations that put one's health at risk -- but undergoing surgery as a means to get more women is probably not well-judged. Anytime a person undergoes elective surgery, they are taking on certain risks, so they need to be 100% sure they are doing it for the right reasons. If a man is suffering from severe self-esteem issue or has difficulty becoming intimate with a woman because he is embarrassed about his foreskin, he may want to discuss these fears with a therapist before going ahead with a circumcision - because there may be another cause of the sexual shame. The last thing a man wants is regret for a surgery that is pretty much irreversible!
Keeping the penis clean
Whether or not the penis is circumcised, men need to maintain excellent hygiene to protect their sexual health. Daily showering with soap and water is a necessity, and men with a foreskin need to retract it and wash underneath. Finally, after stepping out of the shower, apply a penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) especially one formulated with vitamin A to help bust odor-causing bacteria - because foreskin or not, any partner would be turned off by a smelly penis.
I am trying to conceive but m not able to conceive from last 6 month. I have a regular period but this month on 4 june I just got spotting. I want to know whether am pregnant or not. Is it possible to have spotting in early pregnancy?
Mam mai aur meri patni chahte hai 3 sal bad baccha paida karu iske liye upay batye taki hum dono sambandh bhi banata rahe.
I have irregular periods from menarche. Der is interval of 4 to 5 months in a cycle. My weight ws 60 kgs 2 years back but suddenly I gained weight. Now it is 85kgs constant from 2 yrs. Aftr exercise from 1 yr. I showed doctor c told I hv mild hirsutism n no features of acne. N prescribed deviry tablets fr 5 days. What should I do more. I gt tested regarding this.
My wife have taken MTP kit for abortion. What will happen if bleeding start after taking mifepristone before taking misoprostol?
How to increase your protein intake: Proteins have many benefits. These are known to make us feel full for longer and hence, help in weight loss. Our hair is mostly made up of a protein, known as keratin. Hence, proteins are also very necessary for our hair. Proteins are also important if you want to build muscles. Thus, protein has many health benefits.
Think you are not getting enough protein and you should be getting more? So, here are ways you can incorporate more proteins in your diets in simple ways.
How to increase your protein intake?
Here are ways you can increase your protein intake:
1. Eat eggs for breakfast: Eggs are very rich in proteins. Having eggs for breakfast will give you a boost of proteins in the morning and will also help you to keep full for longer. This is one of the best ways on how to increase your protein intake.
2. Replace your curd/ yogurt with Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is very rich in proteins. Hence, swapping your curd/ regular yogurt with Greek yogurt is one of the best ways of increasing your protein intake.
3. Sneak in protein powders: Protein powders can also be used if you are running low on the protein intake. Sneak in a few spoons of protein powders in your roti atta or your glass of milk. This is one of the best ways on how to increase your protein intake.
4. Add more peas to your meals: Green peas go with most dishes. Along with being tasty, these are also pretty rich in proteins. Hence, adding a handful of green peas to your meals is a great idea if you want to increase your protein intake.
5. Snack on chia seeds/ add them to your food: Chia seeds too, are rich in proteins. You can snack on these or add them to you salads, baked items etc. This is one of the best ways on how to increase your protein intake.
Polycystic ovarian disease is a gynaecological disorder whose prevalence seems to have increased considerably among Indian women in last few years. Many young girls and middle-aged Indian women are suffering from this syndrome which is a marked by appearance of multiple cysts on ovaries and disturbances in monthly menstrual cycles.
The exact cause of PCOD remains unknown to the modern science even as the genetic link is being scrutinized for its causative role.
- Menstrual disorders
- Abnormal hair growth on face
- Hair fall from scalp
- Weight gain
- Insulin resistance
From Ayurvedic point of view, PCOD reflects vitiation of rasa and rakta dhatus. When levels of impurities and toxins increase in rasa and rakta dhatus, body stores them in form of cysts around ovaries. So presence of multiple cysts indicate high levels of impurities and toxins in these dhatus. Sign and symptoms in PCOD patients suggest imbalance of all three doshas. Dhatwagnimandya may also exist in some patients. History of improper diet and lifestyle is generally found among majority of PCOD patients. Excessive consumption of hormonal pills and contraceptive pills too is reported by many patients. Mental stress and lack of physical exercise are marked among quite a few ladies with PCOD. From Ayurvedic perspectives, all these things can produce toxins in body and cause diseases like PCOD.
DIET & LIFESTYLE :
- Low-fat milk is recommended. Boil milk before drinking. Drink it warm. This makes it easier to digest. Do not take milk with a full meal or with sour or salty foods. Add a pinch of turmeric or ginger to the milk before boiling it. This helps to reduce the kapha increasing qualities of the milk.
- Lighter fruits, such as apples, oranges, grape fruit, pineapple and papaya and pears, are recommended.
- Sweeteners: Honey is excellent for reducing kapha. Reduce the intake of sugar products, which increase kapha.
- Beans are recommended. Nuts should be avoided.
- Grains such as barley, chickpea and millet are recommended. Do not take too much wheat or rice, as they increase kapha.
- Spices are recommended only in moderate quantities.
- Vegetables such as potaotoes and sweet potatoes should be avoided as they can cause weight gain.
- Follow a lifestyle that will not aggravate any dosha.
- Negative feelings like stress and tension should be avoided. Do not undertake physical or mental work beyond your capacity.
- Limit the use of contraceptives.
- Follow an active lifestyle, yet the exercises should be according to one's capacity. Both, excessive fasting and overeating are harmful.
- Smoking, drinking alcohol and using narcotics aggravates menstrual disorders.