Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. ShashidharYour feedback matters!
What are the indication for the Cancer? Which is the best way for not affecting cancer to me and all? How we can protect ourselves from Cancer?
Dr. My mother is aged 80. She was diagnosed to have MTB after a bronchoscopy about 5 months back by a chest specialist. She is given Mycobutol 1000mg, R Cinex 600mg alongwith her BP and diabetes medicines. She has been advised to restrict her total fluid (water+other fluids) consumption to just 1 to 1.250 litres per day. He echo cardiagram gives an EF value of 55% and the Chest scan report says'No significant fluid collection" Pls advise me whether she will have to live with this limited fluid consumption of 1 to 1.25 litres for the rest of her life. Or this fluid restriction will be increased or removed after the treatment for MTB is completed? Is there any other way of overcoming this water restriction safely without any future complications? Chennai city is always hot and 1 to 1.250 litres of fluid is too little to manage with. Thank you
Hi, she had a blood cancer 5 years ago, when she was at the age of 18, she has been through the treatment, now she is fine, my question is 1) she will be okay for ever for rest of her life? 2) She can have a normal life like others? 3) is there any chance to get that disease back? 4) She can get married and can start her life happily? 5) Will be having any sexual problem in future? 6) will be there any pregnancy problem? 7) If she will have child that child will be normal? And 8) Is there any chance to her partner to get this disease?
I am suffering from Pap smear with altered flora is it very dangerous also tell solution due to this is there any possibility of cancer.
I am 36 years old male I am suffering burning in abdominal and vomiting last 1 months. It's stomach cancer?
My height 6 feet. Weight 78 kg. M 23 years old. My question is that does adrenal cancer cause growth of excessive hair. In whole body? Does it cause growth in eyebrows hair?
How could blood cancer can be cured, if it is incurable by researching by the researchers or the doctors?
Melanoma, also referred to as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer. It evolves from the color or pigment containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas normally happen in the skin, yet may once in a while it may happen in the mouth, guts, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back. Sometime a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability. This may also prompt breakdown of the skin.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
1. More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
2. There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
3. This is common in young women and causes many deaths.
4. Women below the age of forty are at more risk of getting melanoma than any other kind of cancer such as breast cancer.
5. There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
6. Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
Melanomia may be caused primarily due to these causes:
- The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
- Those with numerous moles, presence of the disease in family members and who have poor immunity are at more noteworthy risk to get melanoma. Various uncommon hereditary defects, such as xeroderma pigmentosum increase the risk of melanoma.
- The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
- Ultraviolet UVB light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
- Spend less time in direct sunlight and should seek shade.
- Avoid the sun at peak hours.
- Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
- Keep away from tanning salons.
Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma.