Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shashidhar
Submit a review for Dr. ShashidharYour feedback matters!
I am having tightness in my right breast from past 2 days. I felt like a knot in my breast. Then I took a hot bag as it was paining allot. Now the tightness is less. And I can feel the pain only when I touch it. Little redness was there. But no excretion was there from my breast. I had my last periods on 31st october. Please suggest.
My son has Ewing sarcoma on his left tibia,Dr will operate and remove the bone by ecrt method,now he is alright, can it will come again ?
Cancer is the most dangerous disease noticeable throughout the world. The most common type of cancer that affects men is prostate cancer. Prostate is a small exocrine gland situated directly below the bladder and in front of the rectum. This is gland is approximately in size of a walnut and plays an important role in production of a milky fluid during orgasm of sex in which the semen travels. During the climax stage of the prostate gland is forced to push the fluid and remove the semen out of the reproductive structures.
Prostate gland is a slow progressive disease which makes many males left unidentified even the presence of prostate cancer even until they die. 6 out of 100 male over the age of 60 are getting prostate cancer. Though prostate cancer can be cured at a better rate when compared to other type of cancer it is always best to stay protected. Prevention is always better than cure. Here are few tips to keep your prostate healthy.
Signs and symptoms of prostate cancer-
During the early stages of prostate cancer there are usually no symptoms. Most men at this stage find out they have prostate cancer after a routine check up or blood test. When symptoms do exist, they are usually one or more of the following:
The patient urinates more often
The patient gets up at night more often to urinate
He may find it hard to start urinating
He may find it hard to keep urinating once he has started
There may be blood in the urine
Urination might be painful
Ejaculation may be painful (less common)
Achieving or maintaining an erection may be difficult (less common).
If the prostate cancer is advanced the following symptoms are also possible:
Bone pain, often in the spine (vertebrae), pelvis, or ribs
The proximal part of the femur can be painful
Ways to have a healthy prostate –
Diet and weight – the most important factor is the diet to maintain a healthy weight. Avoid fatty food items and take fats from vegetables than from animals. Avoid dairy products and increase the intake of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Exercise – have a regular practise of doing exercise at least for 30mins a day. This really helps you to keep your body fit.
Be precautious – if you have a family history of prostate cancer or if you feel you are at high risk of getting prostate cancer talk with your doctor about it and take preventive drugs as per the doctor’s advice.
Red foods – research shows that men who consume red foods like watermelon, tomato and other red fruits are at lower risk of getting prostate cancer as they contain a powerful antioxidant called lycopene
Caffeine – three to four cups of coffee per day reduces your risk of getting prostate cancer.
- Stop smoking – if you are at high risk of getting prostate cancer it is best advised to quit smoking and alcohol.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir doctors have done recently breast cancer surgery. My question is, can cancer can be completely cured by chemotherapy. Or only stops growing cancer cells?
Hello Dr. I have a lump in my left side breast. It is over and Its size around 1.5 cm- 2 cm. I was tested FNAC test and result is it is fibroadenoma. It is never pain. But sometimes like if I press forcefully or sometime automatically pain started. Please suggest me some oil or home remedies for remove this lump.
Sir after surgery in Feb 2915 I was advised for radiotherapy by my oncologist but after going through the biopsy report the radiology doctor said it is not required if I insist then only he will give radiation .Other wise not required. Then I visited my my oncologist 4-5 times. He is saying everything is ok not to worry but I am really scared about the fibrosis. It's just like fungus. Every day I used to clean the same and very next day I found the same in plenty. Please suggest some remedy for fibrosis. Please.
I am 23 male. I smoked for one and a half year. But quit it from last 2 months. But from last 20 days it is paining in the middle of the chest. What is it? Is it cancer or any? Please consult me, i'm very scared of it.
Skin cancer occurs when the DNA of the cells undergo mutations, thus causing unsystematic cell growth which evolve into a cancerous mass. This abnormality stems from the over-exposure of your skin to the Ultraviolet Radiations of the sun.
However, there are other factors too that escalate the risks of skin cancer.
- Fairer skin tone: Inadequate pigmentation or melanin content in the skin offers less protection against the harmful UV radiations. Having red or blond hair or light-colored eyes makes you more vulnerable to this condition.
- Sunburns: A history of sunburns can often be the root cause behind skin cancer.
- Excessive exposure to the sun: If you spend a considerable amount of time under the sun and especially if your skin is not protected by clothing or sunscreen, you tend to get a tan. A tan is the skin’s response to extreme UV radiations.
- Moles: Abnormally large moles, known as dysplastic nevi, are more likely to turn malignant. Watch out for any change in the texture of the moles, which is one of the most important symptoms of skin cancer.
- Family history: According to studies, genes are considered to be one of the causes behind skin cancer. Hence, a family history of this condition could spell trouble for one.
- Personal history: Having suffered from skin cancer previously in life could endanger one even more.
- Pre-cancerous skin injury: Skin lesions, also known as actinic keratosis, make you prone to developing pre-cancerous growths on the skin. These could appear as scaly rough patches, ranging from brown to pink in color. They usually crop up on the hands, head and faces of people who are comparatively of a fairer skin tone.
- A weak immune system: People having a poor immunity system, including the ones affected by HIV/AIDS or are on immunosuppressant drugs which follow any organ transplantation have greater risks of developing cancer.
- Exposure to radiation: Radiation therapy is an often used treatment method for treating various skin conditions such as acne and eczema. Having been exposed to radiations, one could be indisposed to this condition even more.
- Exposure to certain chemicals: Exposure to certain substances such as arsenic might increase your vulnerability manifold. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!