Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shashidhar M
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shashidhar MYour feedback matters!
Hi sir. Recently I have meet a girl and we had sex without any safety for many times but I didn't allow my sperm in her vagina. I removed at exactly by the sperm comes out and all the sperm fall on ground and sometimes on her mouth Now My question is does she gets any present? If yes how to prevent that before she gets pregnancy.
My dad got sunthi (Circumcision) operation, it's 2 weeks ago but the part is getting bleeding and like puss formation of we consult the doctor he gives some pain killer and betadine solution by it is nt stopping so what would you suggest doc.
5 natural remedies for cough and cold that really work!
Wan't to get rid of your cold and cough without medication? here are some natural remedies that will work wonders!
The common cold is almost always accompanied by a cough and can be quite an irritating condition to deal with. While, medication can help reduce the symptoms you experience, a cold has no cure and it takes about seven days to resolve. So, instead of loading your body with all those chemicals why not try something natural to beat the discomfort you feel. Here are 5 natural remedies that work to not only keep a cough and cold at bay but also help relieve the symptoms.
Keep garlic handy
Garlic is packed with antioxidants and is perfect to protect you against a cough and cold. Apart from that garlic contains a compound known as allicin, which is known to have great anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties.
How to use:
Tip#1: if you have been suffering from an earache, it could be a sign of an infected throat or eustachian tube. This can later lead to a cough and cold. So in order to thwart its progression into one, crush a few pods of garlic and wrap it in a clean cloth. Now place this in your ear, making sure you do not push it in too deep.
Tip #2: if you have a cough and cold, take about 4 to 5 cloves of garlic, lightly crush and saut it in a little ghee. Have this as an easy remedy. Alternatively, you can also juice four cloves of garlic, two tomatoes, and a lemon to make a delicious antibacterial and antiviral drink. You can also combine these ingredients to prepare a tomato and garlic soup with a little rock salt if you prefer. You may like to read about 9 causes of cough.
Treat your cold and cough with turmeric
Turmeric is rich in curcumin and volatile oils that have a protective as well as therapeutic action in persons suffering from cough and cold. Haldi also has anti-viral and anti-bacterial activity that can help beat the infection.
How to use:
Tip#1: the best way to use turmeric is as soon as you feel a scratchy sensation in your throat that indicates the onset of a sore throat or cough. Turmeric can help prevent the infection from worsening. The easiest way to use turmeric is ashaldi doodh. To make this drink take a teaspoon of haldi and add it to a glass of milk. Now boil the mixture and drink it while it is still hot. You can add some honey to the mixture too, in order to sweeten the drink and add to its antibacterial and antiviral properties.
Tip# 2: you can also have some turmeric tea to treat the condition. All you need to do is boil 4 cups of water, mix one tablespoon of turmeric powder to it and boil the water. Once done allow it to stand for 10 minutes. Strain the mixture using a fine strainer, and then mix in a little honey and lemon your medicinal turmeric tea is ready. You can add some tulsi to the tea to make it a better natural remedy.
Drink protective herbal tea
Besides the turmeric tea mentioned above, there are other herbal teas that also help people who suffer from frequent cough and cold. These teas combine the beneficial effects of different ingredients such as pepper, ginger, tulsi andcinnamon to help relieve the symptoms of cold and cough and keep the condition at bay.
How to use:
Tip#1: mix in 4 pods of cardamom, 4 corns of black pepper, 4 cloves, a few small slices of fresh ginger and a small piece of cinnamon in water. Allow the mixture to boil, turn the flame to low, cover the vessel and allow it to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Then strain the tea, mix in a little milk or honey and drink it while it is still warm.
Tip# 2: you can also prepare a simple tea with tulsi by adding about 15 washed leaves of tulsi into 1.5 cups of water and boiling. After about 10 minutes, strain this liquid, mix in one tablespoon of lemon juice and drink it while it is still warm. Lemon juice contains vitamin c and this, in combination with the medicinal ingredients of the tulsi will improve your immunity against the cold.
Tip# 3: you can also prepare a gargling solution at home using neem and honey. Take about 3 leaves of neem with a medium-sized glass of water and boil the mixture. When the liquid has cooled, mix in one teaspoon of honey and gargle to get relief from a sore throat.
Homemade medicinal lozenge
Much before the time of halls and strepsils, homes in india used to have their own lozenge-like remedies for cough and cold. Not only does this remedy help reduce the irritation you feel in your throat, but it is also a natural way to treat a cough.
How to use:
Here is a simple remedy you can easily prepare. Chop a small quantity of ginger and extract the juice from it. Also, roast and powder a few corns of pepper. Mix the ginger juice, pepper powder, a pinch of turmeric and add a little honey to make it a thick paste. Now roll it into small balls to make it into toffees. Place these inside your mouth like you would a lozenge, and keep sucking on this for about 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat two or three times in a day for relief.
An inflammation of the pancreas is known as pancreatitis. The pancreas is an organ that produces digestive enzymes. Pancreatitis might start any day and continue for long period and it requires immediate medical attention. It is of two types- acute pancreatitis and chronic pancreatitis. Although the treatment usually requires hospitalization, pancreatitis can be easily stabilized and the underlying cause can be treated thereafter.
Pancreatitis may be caused due to various reasons:
- Gall bladder stone: The pancreatic duct lies next to the bile duct. The gallstones enter the small intestine after passing through the common bile duct. Often the stones that remain in the common bile duct have a negative effect on the pancreas, which causes a hindrance to the normal flow of the pancreatic fluids, causing pancreatitis. Also a back flow of the bile into the pancreas can cause pancreatitis.
- Alcohol: Long time alcohol use also causes pancreatitis. Alcohol can damage the pancreas tremendously causing it to get inflamed.
- Other causes: Hereditary disorders in the pancreas, cystic fibrosis, high level of triglycerides, and a few medicines may also cause pancreatitis.
- The first symptom of pancreatitis is abdominal pain: The pain may be sudden or gradually increasing, but is usually aggravated after eating. It is severe and constant, and may continue for a few days. If you are suffering from pancreatitis, you will feel very sick after a sudden attack and you might require medical assistance immediately.
- Swollen abdomen: Pancreatitis may cause your abdominal area to swell up and become tender.
- Nausea: If your abdomen suddenly starts paining due to the onset of pancreatitis, you tend to feel extremely nauseous. You might end up vomiting and may also have violent heaves.
- Fever: The inflammation will cause you to run a temperature, along with a searing pain in your stomach, which will make you feel extremely uncomfortable.
- Rapid pulse: Pancreatitis affects the rate, at which the heart beats, causing a rapid increase in the pulse rate
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I m not feeling well from las 2 weeks and I have little headache every time and my head is paining still and my stomach is also not well what I do for that all.
One of the most common ailments the elderly suffer from is arthritis. However, arthritis can affect people of all ages. It is a rheumatic disease as in, it affects joints and bones. It can be of many types and the term covers a number of inflammatory and non-inflammatory joint diseases. Some of the most well-known types of arthritis are rheumatoid arthritis, bone spurs, gout and osteoarthritis.
The causes of arthritis have not been defined but there are a number of factors that increase a person's chances of getting it. Foremost amongst these is increasing age and excess weight. Arthritic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and lupus are said to be hereditary and linked to certain genes. Sometimes, injuries can also cause arthritic conditions. Misuse of steroids can also result in arthritis.
Here is a look at the most common symptoms of the disease :-
- Pain around the joints is the most well-known symptom of arthritis. Along with pain, you may also notice swollen or stiff joints.
- Increased body temperature around the affected joints and redness in the area is also a symptom of arthritis. These symptoms range from mild to severe, and can be constant or may come and go.
- Everybody suffers from occasional joint pains but if any of the above symptoms persist for a long duration, it is best to consult a doctor. The sooner you seek treatment, the easier it becomes to deal with arthritis. If left untreated for too long, arthritis can result in permanent joint damage.
While there is no single cure for arthritis, it can be effectively controlled if treated in time. Since the type and severity of arthritis differ from person to person, treatment for the same must also be tailored to the needs of the individual.
- Drugs for arthritis can be categorized as those that treat symptoms such as pain and stiffness, and those that suppress inflammatory conditions.
- In some cases, surgery may be advisable.
- Physical therapy and regular exercise are very important when dealing with arthritis.
- It is equally important to eat a healthy, nutritious and well-balanced diet. If you are overweight, try and lose the excess kilos.
- You must also look after your joints to ensure that there is no further degradation of bone or muscle tissue. Avoid staying in one position for a long time, and try and maintain a good posture.
These simple techniques can be very effective when dealing with all types of arthritis.