Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shashidhar B DYour feedback matters!
I have pinched nerve problem on my lower back and I can't walk or stand due to this problem stomach and my digestion is not work properly and constipation occurs, wht should I do?
My mum's 50 years old and sometimes when she wake up she cannot walk because of a painful sensation in her ankles. What could be the reason and how do I cure it?
5 natural remedies for cough and cold that really work!
Wan't to get rid of your cold and cough without medication? here are some natural remedies that will work wonders!
The common cold is almost always accompanied by a cough and can be quite an irritating condition to deal with. While, medication can help reduce the symptoms you experience, a cold has no cure and it takes about seven days to resolve. So, instead of loading your body with all those chemicals why not try something natural to beat the discomfort you feel. Here are 5 natural remedies that work to not only keep a cough and cold at bay but also help relieve the symptoms.
Keep garlic handy
Garlic is packed with antioxidants and is perfect to protect you against a cough and cold. Apart from that garlic contains a compound known as allicin, which is known to have great anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties.
How to use:
Tip#1: if you have been suffering from an earache, it could be a sign of an infected throat or eustachian tube. This can later lead to a cough and cold. So in order to thwart its progression into one, crush a few pods of garlic and wrap it in a clean cloth. Now place this in your ear, making sure you do not push it in too deep.
Tip #2: if you have a cough and cold, take about 4 to 5 cloves of garlic, lightly crush and saut it in a little ghee. Have this as an easy remedy. Alternatively, you can also juice four cloves of garlic, two tomatoes, and a lemon to make a delicious antibacterial and antiviral drink. You can also combine these ingredients to prepare a tomato and garlic soup with a little rock salt if you prefer. You may like to read about 9 causes of cough.
Treat your cold and cough with turmeric
Turmeric is rich in curcumin and volatile oils that have a protective as well as therapeutic action in persons suffering from cough and cold. Haldi also has anti-viral and anti-bacterial activity that can help beat the infection.
How to use:
Tip#1: the best way to use turmeric is as soon as you feel a scratchy sensation in your throat that indicates the onset of a sore throat or cough. Turmeric can help prevent the infection from worsening. The easiest way to use turmeric is ashaldi doodh. To make this drink take a teaspoon of haldi and add it to a glass of milk. Now boil the mixture and drink it while it is still hot. You can add some honey to the mixture too, in order to sweeten the drink and add to its antibacterial and antiviral properties.
Tip# 2: you can also have some turmeric tea to treat the condition. All you need to do is boil 4 cups of water, mix one tablespoon of turmeric powder to it and boil the water. Once done allow it to stand for 10 minutes. Strain the mixture using a fine strainer, and then mix in a little honey and lemon your medicinal turmeric tea is ready. You can add some tulsi to the tea to make it a better natural remedy.
Drink protective herbal tea
Besides the turmeric tea mentioned above, there are other herbal teas that also help people who suffer from frequent cough and cold. These teas combine the beneficial effects of different ingredients such as pepper, ginger, tulsi andcinnamon to help relieve the symptoms of cold and cough and keep the condition at bay.
How to use:
Tip#1: mix in 4 pods of cardamom, 4 corns of black pepper, 4 cloves, a few small slices of fresh ginger and a small piece of cinnamon in water. Allow the mixture to boil, turn the flame to low, cover the vessel and allow it to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Then strain the tea, mix in a little milk or honey and drink it while it is still warm.
Tip# 2: you can also prepare a simple tea with tulsi by adding about 15 washed leaves of tulsi into 1.5 cups of water and boiling. After about 10 minutes, strain this liquid, mix in one tablespoon of lemon juice and drink it while it is still warm. Lemon juice contains vitamin c and this, in combination with the medicinal ingredients of the tulsi will improve your immunity against the cold.
Tip# 3: you can also prepare a gargling solution at home using neem and honey. Take about 3 leaves of neem with a medium-sized glass of water and boil the mixture. When the liquid has cooled, mix in one teaspoon of honey and gargle to get relief from a sore throat.
Homemade medicinal lozenge
Much before the time of halls and strepsils, homes in india used to have their own lozenge-like remedies for cough and cold. Not only does this remedy help reduce the irritation you feel in your throat, but it is also a natural way to treat a cough.
How to use:
Here is a simple remedy you can easily prepare. Chop a small quantity of ginger and extract the juice from it. Also, roast and powder a few corns of pepper. Mix the ginger juice, pepper powder, a pinch of turmeric and add a little honey to make it a thick paste. Now roll it into small balls to make it into toffees. Place these inside your mouth like you would a lozenge, and keep sucking on this for about 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat two or three times in a day for relief.
What is the best diet for a PCOS/PCOD patient? Should dairy products (milk, cheese,yoghurt) be avoided altogether?
What are the symptoms of swine flue. And if there is any home based remedies for it. Also mention cause of swine flue.
I am 17 year old boy and I masturbate a lot mean 1 time in 2 days but some time. Once a day Is it good or not for my future health.
I have something like white residue on my foreskin of penis. And it pains too much suggest me something that can help me and that is creating some rashes in penis also.
How can I really increase my penis size without medicines? Exercise too doesn't work! How can I increase it?
Lower abdomen pain can originate from a range of medical issues. In some cases, the pain disappears just like the way it came, in some cases, it takes longer medical treatment to cure the pain. Once the origin and the root cause of the pain are diagnosed, there are plenty of medical options to cure the pain. In this piece, we will briefly touch upon the causes of lower abdomen pain:
- Appendicitis: This is one of the most common causes of lower abdomen pain. It typically originates from the right side of the stomach and soon diverges into the other side as well. The pain can become unbearable in a matter of hours.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: This is an infection that is caused in the reproductive system of a woman. This is often characterized by vaginal discharge, fever, weakness, intercourse related pain and pain in the lower abdomen.
- Miscarriage: In case there is a loss of fetus on or before the twentieth week, the mishap is termed as miscarriage. It results in acute pain in the lower abdomen pain, vaginal bleeding, back pain, fluid expulsion from the vagina etc.
- Fibroids: This is a growth in the uterus that is often non-cancerous and is commonly characterized by symptoms such as heavy periods, constipation, pain in the legs and back area, pain in the lower abdomen area, frequent urination etc.
- Cancer: A cancerous growth in the lower abdomen area can lead to very sharp pain in the back and surrounding area. The pain is dull in nature and slowly spreads to other areas in a short interval of time.
- Cholecystitis: This is a disorder that results in swelling of the gallbladder area. It results in a sharp pain in the lower abdomen area. A doctor needs to be immediately consulted if a person is suffering from this disease.
- Intestinal obstruction: When the lower bowl gets blocked due to the contents of the lower intestine, a person can feel a sharp pain in the lower abdomen area.
- Salpingitis: When a woman faces stiff pain in the lower abdomen area due to an inflammation of the fallopian tube, Salpingitis is the culprit behind it. This is a sexual disease and needs a doctor’s consultation to get rid of it.
- PMS: A woman can face throbbing pain in the lower abdomen area during her monthly periods. Other symptoms include cramps, weakness, fatigue etc.
- Endometriosis: When there is an extension of the uterus tissue just outside the wall of the uterus, it leads to symptoms such as lower abdomen pain, cramps etc.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome: This is a disorder of the hormone and can lead to symptoms such as heavy periods, a growth of facial hair accompanied with sharp pain the lower abdomen area.