Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shashi Kumar
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi KumarYour feedback matters!
I've been having carpel tunnel syndrome since last three years. It got better on its own a year back but now there is pain in the right phalangeal region which sometimes radiates to arms too. No tingling, numbness or swelling present. The pain is such that I can not do anything with my right hand even if its just picking up a filled bottle. Please suggest me a treatment for it except surgery. Thank you.
A pain in the back can make even small, daily activities like bathing, getting dressed or even bending down to pick up things difficult. A quick and thorough treatment of such problems can prevent the problem from worsening. In such cases, there is an obvious need to exercise the lower back muscles. However, before performing these exercises, a lot of preparation is required to get your back into shape. Taking enough time to warm up and stretch the muscles can make a significant difference between helping and making the problem worse.
Why should you exercise your lower back?
The main reason for exercising the lower back region is to make it move gently through all types of motion so that it can have a greater range of movement during daily activities. Core strengthening exercises and stretches are recommended to prevent back pain. While doing these exercises, try avoiding activities that cause pain or discomfort. Pain is a sign of problem and one must be careful to avoid it during these exercises as it shows that you are hurting yourself in some way or the other.
Activities to be followed:
The following activities can help in increasing the flow of blood to the sore areas of your back and prepare for more activity, thus reducing the chance of aggravation.
- Soak in a tub of water: Fill a tub with water to a level that you will tend to float and thus reduce the force of gravity on your spine and muscles. Epsom salt can be added to relax the muscles. Do not to sit up too high in as it can cause stress to the low back discs. Slide down low enough so that the back is allowed to flatten a small amount, thus reducing disc and muscle stress.
- Use local heat to reduce muscle spasms: Soak a large towel with hot water and wring it out. Place it on the low back where your pain is located. You can also place a damp towel in the microwave oven long enough so as to heat the towel. Be careful not to overheat the towel. Place the warm cloth on the area of your pain for about ten minutes.
- Hip slides: Lie on your back. First move one hip and then the other towards your shoulders. Raise your right hip towards the right shoulder and then the left hip towards the left shoulder. Raise one of your hips and then the other up off the floor so that your back twists a little. Raise the right hip off from the floor and then do the same with your left hip.
- Windmill: This is a general back exercise. Create big circles with your arms by rotating them in clockwise and anticlockwise circles.
These activities are an excellent way to reduce back spasms and the stress on your back.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi,Iam Ramesh.44 years old,I have a bulge at lower part of stomach at right side which causes a back pain and I can not stand long and walk. is it called Hernia?
Hi Sir, I am having pain in my right leg pain starts from back below buttock and also from front side It also pained in my right testes a little before I used banocide forte tablet and acceclowoc Pain is less when I used it but now again it started Now pain is in leg mainly at buttock part and knee sometimes and in foot Some times I am unable to say where pain actually is This pain started after I used to kick start my bike everyday when I am at home it is some what hard Please tell me whether pain is due to problem intestines or due to leg Also suggest remedy for it I am worried a lot please tell me what to do? previously I am also having right hand pain same like this is it a cause.
People have a common perception that most injuries, medical conditions only affect those who spend several hours working outdoors. But what if we tell you that people who stay indoors- such as homemakers - are also susceptible to numerous health problems?
There’s a saying: “Home is where the heart is.” But for countless homemakers, home is the place where ‘hurt’ is! Scores of Indian homemakers encounter various injuries every year while engaging in household chores like cleaning and washing. The most common ones are:
- Sprain: If you’re a neat freak, you wouldn’t mind spending half of your day cleaning the entire house. Here’s a small tip- go slow if your cleaning duties include shifting heavy appliances and furniture from one place to another. There’s a high chance that you may end up with a sprain injury. Sprains occur when you accidentally twist your ligaments. Another major cause of sprain injuries is a sudden fall. If you’re mopping the floor or cleaning the bathroom, there’s a fair chance that you may slip or lose balance. One must be cautious when working with water.
- Back injuries: These are the most common types of injuries at home. Bending, lifting a heavy bucket or an abrupt movement, can strain your back muscles or ligaments leading to back injury. Many times the injury can result in a persistent, sharp stabbing pain, and hinder your usual routine.
- Joint compression: Homemakers spend a considerable amount of time standing in the kitchen. As tiring as it is, standing for prolonged periods puts pressure on your joints- knee joint, hip joint as well as those in the feet and the ankle. This leads to wear and tear of the synovial joints, eventually causing them to tear. In due course of time, you will find it difficult to move around and walk even a meagre distance.
Starting to get worked up? Don’t be. These problems can easily be prevented if you follow these steps-
- Avoid overstretching, bending and twisting
- Avoid lifting heavy weights. If possible, use a waist belt to keep away from traumatic injuries.
- Keep your body weight in check. Mild exercises can help you with that.
- Maintain a healthy diet- calcium intake can help your bones get stronger.
- Use muscle braces to keep your joints protected.
The most preferred and effective choice of treatment for curing muscle injuries and joint inflammation is physiotherapy. Physiotherapy uses manual therapy, mechanical force and exercise therapy to promote mobility.
- The most common method of treating such injuries is the RICE technique. ‘RICE’ stands for Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. Keep the injured part at rest. Put an ice bag on the injured portion. Compress the injured area. Elevate the wound/injury for faster relief.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen and Aspirin are prescribed to reduce inflammation and swelling. Painkillers can offer you instant relief from pain.
- Physiotherapy treatment can effectively cure you of such injuries, that too in a short span of time. If you follow the treatment guidelines, recovery will take about 2-4 weeks.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!