Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shashank B. Shastry
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Shashank B. ShastryYour feedback matters!
I have two problems 1. mine private part is down curved when it is tight like of banana but not that much. 2 my skin at top of that part is not as all have means it can not be moved as round shaped one. It is normal skin as the whole part have.
I am 19 years old and I have pcod. I am getting too much irregular periods. My doctor prescribed me to lose my weight and gave me novelon 21 days tablet. And he also told I have to take it until marriage, Is it ok to take novelon years after years. Is there any other ways to get rid of pcod?
AddIcted to masturbation and do practice once in 2 days or daily. My face get pimples and body gets weakness and sleepy due to this. i wanna leave it but couldn't and I also couldn't consult doctor then what to do?
Hi, I am 55 years old female, And recently from few days i am having sleepless nights, though I try a lot to sleep i am not getting proper sleep. And I will woke up in middle of nights. Im having very bad time due to this. I do not have any health problems. Can you please suggest me some sleeping pills name which can b taken for a short period of time so that I will get some sleep and will not wake up in middle of nights.
I am suffering from stomach & constipation. My stomach sound different. How can I maintain my body. Please tell me.
I am 26 year male. My penis's foreskin in attached with glans. When my penis get erection, foreskin not fully open. Is that normal or not. Pls help me.
Hlo. I gt blood in spit one day. And I have headache problem from last one week. But When i checked temprature, it was normal. So what should i do
Concentrated pain in the neck can be especially tormenting. Before you look for a cure for this pain and start treating it, it is important that you try and find out the underlying cause behind it as well. Contacting a physiotherapist in time will allow you not only to avoid any and every side effect posed by neck pain, but also assist you to get good riddance from it.
Causes of Neck Pain:
There can be multiple causes of neck pain. The treatment of the same depends wholly on the factor that is causing the pain. Some of these causes of neck pain include
- Misaligned hips,
- Misaligned Spine,
- Misaligned shoulders,
- A constantly forward-tilted head,
- Lack of movement of the head from one specific position,
- Tensing up of the muscles in the upper back,
- Tensing up of the muscles in the neck region, etc.
- It is all these factors and a few more that end up resulting in stiffening of muscles in and around the neck and causing you intermediate to unbearable pain.
Exercises for neck pain:
Neck exercises are a predominant part of the treatment extended by every physiotherapist, to cure neck pain. Some of the most vital and effective exercises for neck pain are listed below.
- Frog: Funny as it way sounds, the frog is one of the best exercises when it comes to treating neck pain. All you have to do is lie down on the floor with your knees apart, your feet joined, your hands laid upward on the floor at a 45-degree angle to your body and just stay there in that position for two minutes. This will force your back to arch naturally, slowly giving some relief to your neck.
- Sitting floor: Try sitting floor for neck pain. All you have to do is sit straight with your back rested on a wall, with your legs laid straight forward. Bring together your shoulder blades and bend to help them meet your knees while curling the toes outward to optimal. Stay in this position for a good 3 minutes, without bending the legs.
- Static wall: Lie down on the floor with your bottom against a wall and your legs up it. You can always scoot back a bit if there is the slightest of discomfort. The aim here is to help the tail bone lie comfortably on the floor. Tighten your thigh muscles but curling your toes outward and pointing your feet straight out from its previous position. Maintain this position for 3 minutes for maximum effect.
- Static back: The static back is the most common and most helpful exercise for neck pain. All you got to do is lie down on the floor, while placing your legs on an elevated surface, such as an ottoman or a chair at a 45-degree angle to your body. Now put your arms at an angle of 45 degrees to your body as well, only sideways on your shoulder. Follow this position by lifting your palms and staying in that position for five to ten minutes.
All these exercises are aimed to positively influence one muscle or the other in and around the neck region and to help you get rid of that pain. Consult a physiotherapist first, and he/she will advise you on the best neck pain exercises.