Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shariff
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. ShariffYour feedback matters!
My relative eye was injured at 12 year old. He got pierced with pen. He already had a treatment but during summer when he go out on a sunny day his eyes will become red with severe pain. Can you suggest him any medicine or drops pls?
LASIK, Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis, aims at correcting the shape of the cornea, which is the transparent layer that lines the front of the eye. Through this procedure, the cornea is reshaped so that the retina receives a focused light.
When do you need this surgery?
This surgical procedure is ideal for people having following conditions, making spectacle use mandatory:
- Hypermetropia or farsightedness - Close objects appear indistinct
- Myopia or nearsightedness - Far off objects appears blurry
- Astigmatism - Overall fuzzy vision
Advantages of LASIK:
Biggest advantage of LASIK is that it helps people to get rid of glasses and contact lenses, which sometimes are cosmetically unacceptable and in some cases are visually disabling.
Best part of LASIK is that it is:
- Has a high success rate ( success rate is 96%)
- Quick (total duration of surgery is hardly 5 minutes) and virtually painless
- Adjustments can be made years later to alter the vision as per growing impairment in the future and advancing years
- Does not require bandages or stitches
Who can go for LASIK:
Any person 18 years or older who fulfils the following criteria can undergo Lasik surgery
- Stable refraction
- Dilated retinal examination should be normal
- Corneal thickness and topography should be in normal range
- Adequately wet eyes
I have red eyes from 2 or 3 days because I am using laptop daily in those days pls advice me what should I do.
I have right eye -0.50 And left eye is- 0.25 as I travel through bus I get eye pain when I see for a long time for bus. Is there any exercise to get improvements in eyes. What I do to not to get pain.
I am getting repeated stye on my eye lids since past 8 months. Every month once I am getting it in one eye or other. I don't have glasses as I got it checked recently. What can be the cause? What can I do for these?
My age - 32 yrs Wife age - 26 years (she wears glasses of 5 no.) Pls tell me good eye drop to enhance vision for me & my wife. We can't see clearly things which are far away. Pls tell ear drop to clean wax in ear.
Sir if repeated drinking of alcohol can cause blurred vision then why there won't be a perfect food or any other home remedies to improve eye vision without wearing any glasses or contact lenses or eye surgery.
Macular Degeneration is an age-related macular degeneration incurable eye disease, which might result in blurred vision or no vision in the centre of the vision field, which might lead to visual distortions, reduced central vision, decreased intensity of the colours and can make it difficult for the patient to recognize faces, read, drive and to perform other activities.
Types of Macular Degeneration
1. Dry Macular Degeneration: It is characterized by the presence of drusen and thinning of macula because of a breakdown or thinning of the layer of retinal pigment epithelial cells in the macula.
2. Wet macular degeneration: In this type of AMD, there is an excessive growth of blood vessels, which causes bleeding, leakage, as well as scaring under the retina, which results in a rapid and severe loss of the central vision and might become permanent if not treated.
Causes of Age-related Macular Degeneration:
This is caused due to a problem related to the part of eye known as Macula, which is a spot at the centre of the retina of the eye. The focus point of the incoming ray of light is on Macula, which is responsible for see the things direct in front of us, especially reading and writing.
- Age: As the age increases, the probability of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration also increases significantly. The degree of the macular degeneration might vary person to person, but ageing is a major cause of suffering from age-related macular degeneration.
- Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of developing the disease in comparison to someone who does not smoke. The longer you have smoked, the more are the chances of developing it.
- Family History: The risk of developing the Age-related Macular Degeneration increases if it runs in your family, i.e. if your parents and siblings are suffering from it, then your chances of developing it are quite high as compared to the ones who do not have any family history.
- Obesity: The obese people have the higher chances of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- Alcohol: Higher alcohol consumption also puts you at the risk of AMD, which is why one should always take alcohol in limited quantity only.
- Sunlight: As going out in sunlight without sunscreen is harmful to your skin, the same is harmful to your eyes for longer duration, and one should always wear UV-absorbing sunglasses to protect his eyes from AMD.
- Ethnicity: The white and Chinese are more prone to developing AMD as compared to the black people.
- Cardiovascular disease: the persons who have suffered diseases that affect the heart and other blood vessel are at higher risk of macular degeneration.
Treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration
1. Anti-VEGF Drugs: The dry macular degeneration cannot be cured while the wet macular degeneration can be stabilized and maintained with a number of medical treatments to be injected into the eye, such as Lucentis, Avastin and Eylea. These are not long procedures and continued monitoring of the vision to maintain or improve the vision.
2. Laser photocoagulation: It consists of a concentrated beam of high energy thermal light that is directed towards the retina to obliterate and seal leaking blood vessels.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!