Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. ShariffYour feedback matters!
I do not want to wear spectacles or eye glasses. I want to remove it by using natural remedies. Kindly suggest.
DEAR DOCTOR/S, I GO MY EYE TESTED TODAY, REPORT AS FOLLOWS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE CORRECT LENS TO BE PUT ON. VD=12 SPH CYL AX +1.00 +0.25 107 +1.00 +0.25 105 +1.00 +0.25 107 --------------------------- +1.00 +0.25 107 +0.75 +0.50 61 +0.75 +0.50 60 +0.75 +0.50 60 +0.75 +0.50 64 -------------------------- +0.75 +0.50 60 PD = 67 NPD = 63 (40) KINDLY UPDATE ME THE REPORT ASAP. THANKS DOCTOR
Eye problem from one month. I use specs also but after every evening I got headache. Please suggest me what to do.
He has been diagnosed with cataract. His age is 21 only. How is that possible? What can I do to cure it?
Hello sir I have some problem relative to hair and skin don't know how sir I m just 21 year old but my some hair are white and eyes me bhi jalan rahti h thodi what can I do improve this problem.
My 5 years old daughter has vision issue: Right Eye (Spherical: +0.00 Cylindrical: -02.50, Axis: 175), Left Eye (Spherical: +0.00 Cylindrical: -02.50, Axis: 05) I am looking for non-surgical solution to improve her vision so that she can live spectacle free life.
Iam 55 and taking regular B. P. And Thyroid and both are under control. These days having backache, joint pains with some noise while standing or action. Also itching in eyes with moisture and not able to get taste of eating home made. Controlling diet also Not getting tastes and feeling tiresome. Working for I. T. Co. Weight 69 height 5.8, thyroxine 50mg. B. P. Tablet metocard xl 50 and LTK 50 are regular dose. Thyroid 4 months bk was 8.8 and now after 4 months is 2.3. B. P normal. Kindly suggest what should I do for better health and backache severe pain.
Hello Sir, I am twenty 22 year old. I am a male. I have a problem with my eyes so I want a suggestion from you that what I should do to get get my line of sight better and what I should eat in breakfast as well as lunch to cure my eyes also want to decrease my spectacles power.
My eye is red due to sunlight. We walk continue in afternoon then my eye is red. This is very major problem .pkesae take me solution of this problem. Please take drop for eye.
The retina is the third and innermost layer of the eye that catches light and helps us focus on things so that we can see clearly. This is one of the most important parts of the eye. The retina is made up of a number of light sensitive cells that are connected to nerve fibres. These nerve fibres help in transmitting the light into imagery through neuro impulses that reach the brain. There are many conditions and diseases that can affect this part of the eye.
Read on to know more.
- Macular degeneration: This is a common eye disease that is usually associated with aging and comes with symptoms like blurry vision and even blindness after a certain point. It can prevent a person from seeing things in a clear and sharp manner. This disease goes through a slow progression and can be of the dry or wet type.
- Diabetic retinopathy: This condition can leave one visually impaired in the long run with complete blindness. This complication usually arises when a person is suffering from diabetes. It can be proliferative or non-proliferative depending on the blood and fluid leakage as well as the severity of the inflammation in the retina. While the symptoms are very subtle, the advancement can begin at a very young age.
- Retinal vein occlusion: This condition usually happens when the veins of the retina gets obstructed or gets a blockage. This can lead to reduced blood flow to the entire area which can lead to significant vision impairment and an increase in the pressure on the eyes.
- Retinal tears and detachments: When the retina gets pulled and is subsequently lifted from its normal position, this can lead to a condition known as retinal tears and detachment. If this condition is not treated properly and on time, it can lead to vision loss in the long run. These tears can happen in smaller sections of the retina which can lead to retinal breaks causing detachments in the retina. This condition is most commonly seen in people over the age of 60.
- Posterior vitreous detachment: The vitreous is a gel like layer that allows the eye to retain its shape even as it allows the light to enter the eye and reach the retina. When the thin fibres connecting this layer and the retina get degenerated, there is a detachment that takes place between the two, leading to this condition.
- Epiretinal membrane and macular holes: The scar like tissue known as the epiretinal membrane that lines the back of the eyes. When the macular tissue gets distorted due to this membrane, a macular hole may form which can lead to progressive vision impairment.