Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shariff
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. ShariffYour feedback matters!
My eyes are always heavy. Eyes fatigue ness, heaviness is always there. I only want to close my eyes all the time. I can sleep for so many hours because of this tiredness. I never feel fresh after waking up. What is d reason for this and what to do for this.
I am 54 yrs. I have black patches on my both side of eyes. Can I know the reasons and medications in home, Ayurvedic and allopathy?
Can lasik be done at the age of 41. I wear spectacles from my 2nd class. My nos are right -4.75 & left 2.50 +1.
I had clear skin nothing on ma face but from last 8months I hv been suffering from acne, blackheads all over ma face which leaves spots behind it. M using amway artistry ctm frm last 7 months n I don't see any visible result. Intact smtime I thought it has made worsen wht to do suggest.
I have eye sight 2.5 which is long sight. How to loose my spectacles. How to reduce my sight help me.
Hello Sir/Ma'am! I am 17 years old and I have myopia of -3.00 in both of my eyes I want to know that is it reversible? Can I get back the vision that I was having when I was Small 8/9 years old. I kinda struggle in night to see things clearly. Can I get back 20/20 vision naturally? Please reply as soon as possible -Regards.
My eyes are not so bright . There some redness and yellowish in the eyes. So how I get it to bright please suggest any eyedrop . Medicine . Yoga or whatever works perfectly ?
I cannot see long distance Now What I do? I think I have number of eyes. Which is the best treatment of my eyes?
I sit in front of pc 10 hrs in a day. Can I get a assistance from you that how can I be look after my eyes and shoulder?
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision-related problems. It is easily disposable and requires least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision: Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for active lifestyle: Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses on the other hand are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses:
- Dry eyes: Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
- Infections: Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea.
- Allergic reactions: Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.