Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShareefYour feedback matters!
In my right hand thumb finger skin are cracked and not healing for a month's time. I don't have diabetes.
Vitiligo is a skin disorder that is characterized by the development of white patches on the skin. The disorder is chronic in nature; it occurs when the melanocytes (melanin production and distribution agent) which are present in the skin, die.
The area of the skin affected by this condition tends to vary from person to person. It may affect the insides of your mouth, hair, eyes and cause permanent discoloration.
Vitiligo can be classified into two types
1. Segmented Vitiligo: This type of vitiligo tends to spread fast but is stable than the other type. It is asymmetrical and affects such portions of the skin which are linked to nerves that originate in the dorsal roots along the spinal cord.
2. Non- Segmental Vitiligo: This type of vitiligo occurs in equal proportions on both sides of the body. This disorder affects the areas of the skin that are exposed to sun frequently, such as the arms, neck and the face.
There is no known cause of vitiligo; however, the likely causes are found to be trauma from a stressful event, chemical exposure and genetics. It may also result from complications in the immune system.
1. The primary symptom of vitiligo is the appearance of white patches on the skin.
2. The initial patches which occur on the skin are slightly pale in color; which becomes even paler in due course of time and eventually turn white, thus making them look distinct and prominent on the skin.
3. The edge of the patches may become inflamed and cause itching.
4. Direct exposure to the skin may cause the symptoms to aggravate.
According to Ayurveda, Leucoderma is caused due to the aggravation of Pitta Dosha. Pitta is an Ayurvedic humor which symbolizes heat or fire, and is manifested in the skin. Aggravated Pitta leads to accumulation of ama (toxins) in deep layers of the skin, leading to the condition of Leucoderma.
Pitta is of five types; one of them is Bhrajak Pitta that gives coloration to skin. In the case of Leucoderma, Bhrajak Pitta is in an imbalanced state, and therefore, the skin starts losing its color and white patches appear. Along with Pitta Dosha, deeper body tissues like Rasa Dhatu (nutrient plasma), Rakta (blood), Mansa (muscles), Lasika (lymph) are also involved in the disease.
Treatment consists of pacifying imbalanced body energies, cleansing the blood and administrating herbs that restore skin color. Poor digestion is the root cause of this disease, as it causes the build-up of toxins in the tissues. An essential part of treatment, therefore, is restoring digestion. The patient will also be advised on the correct diet and lifestyle adjustments to prevent recurrence of the disorder.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Increase consumption of vegetables that are bitter in taste, like drumsticks and bitter gourd.
- Stay away from difficult to digest foods, sour taste, excessive salt, curd, fish, jaggery and sesame seeds.
- Avoid consumption of opposite foods, such as fish and milk together.
- Have sound and adequate sleep daily.
- Do not over-expose yourself to excessive cold or heat conditions.
I am facing stomach problems from many years... I have taken many type of medicines but never I feel better... And my lips always dry whereas I drink too much water daily approx 4-5 litres.. Can you please tell me what I have to do?
In patches chik skin, beneath mustache, lip base & skull-skin have developed as burning centers and itching points. On itching a transparent, salty sap start oozing out. Shortly it dries up in yellowish brown rashes. As the skin dries the center invites vigorous itching. Then the cycle goes on. What is the remedy I should apply?
Well I have a scar below my nose and above my lips. Whatever I am trying is not working. My Dr. advices me to apply the cream having hexylene glycol. But it's not working. What should I do?
My wife get little gland on her breast. And now it's increase day by day. Or its starts pain when touched little hardly.
Good evening sir or me sir mere chahre ki skin rukhi rukhi si ho gyo hain aur choti chote black dhabbe jese ho gye h sir please give me treatment issue so improve my face skin. I want to know aisa kyo hota haim sir please give ne a proper Knowledge for improve my face skin.
I had fever couple of days back. It was due to a viral infection. At that time and even now now I noticed dry skin which is dark black in colour next to the ends of nose and red spots have emerged on my cheek which seems to be dry.
My son age 20 yrs has small boils like, on his full back, some of which are puss filled. Over a period of time they subside completely and dark brown marks remain without any medication, and again erupt after 10- - 15 days. There is no itching or any trouble due to that but his back skin looks very ugly. What is it due to.
Using radiance skin brightening serum can reduce melanin cells on skin. Is it right? Also, does it contain any harmful chemicals.Please tell.
Sun burn se mera hand pura black ho gya hai full sleaves ke shirt be phainta hu fir be .or meri neck be black ho gye hai .or for head be black ho gya hai .kya kray iskay leya .bhaut kuch try kiya lekin sahi nhi ho rha hai.
Well couple of months ago I met a bike accident but I got black scar on my hand till now. I tried everything to remove the scar from my hand but still there. What to do?
Heartburn is a common symptom experienced by many people, but is often overlooked as indigestion. Besides making you uncomfortable, this can be a sign of a much bigger health problem. While the occasional heartburn can be treated with antacids, chronic heartburn can be a sign of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or acid reflux.
Here are three important reasons you should not ignore heartburn
- It can promote tooth decay: The acid regurgitated might not necessarily stop in the esophagus. It can often also make its way into your mouth. When this happens frequently it can promote tooth decay and wear out enamel. This can also leave your mouth with a sour taste. Acid reflux induced tooth erosion can easily be prevented by the early treatment of acid reflux,but in most cases is noticed only after the damage has been done.
- It can cause cancer of the esophagus: Chronic acid reflux that persists for years can lead to changes in the cells of the esophagus. This can lead to a cancerous condition known as Barrett's esophagus. The condition has no other symptoms can if left untreated can develop into cancer of the esophagus. Women are at a higher risk of this form of cancer than men. Though esophageal cancer is relatively rare, it is not something to be trifled with. The survival rate of esophageal cancer is very low in comparison to other forms of cancer. Only 15-20% patients live longer than 5 years after this condition is diagnosed.
- It can lead to breathing problems: Heartburn is caused by stomach acid flowing back into the esophagus. If it is inhaled after regurgitation, it can worsen asthmatic conditions and pneumonia. At the same time, treating acid reflux with medication like PPIs can also increase the risk of pneumonia as it can promote bacterial growth and suppress coughing. Thus, when consulting a doctor for acid reflux treatment ensure that you mention any existing asthmatic conditions so that you can be treated with your lung functioning in mind.
In addition, acid reflux can also impact a person's health and quality of life. To prevent heartburn people often find themselves avoiding certain foods. This can impact their social lives and in turn make them withdrawing into themselves. A person's sleep can also be affected by heartburn. Hence, it is important to treat heart burn as early as possible and not wait for it to become a chronic problem.