Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sharath Kumar G GYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, My wife, aged 49 years,has been suffering from severe Knee pain for the last 8-10 years and sometime cannot even walk.She undergone regular treatment since then. Doctors have diagnosed as Oesteo Arthritics. Please advice some available effective treatment so that she could get relief. Thanking you.
I'm having back pain from past two days. It's going so difficult for me, I can't even get up &go to work so any home therapy suggestions? Out there!
I am 33 years old female. I get very tired after coming from office & my leg's pain. Also I don't intend to do any physical relation with my husband. Give me solution?
Hi I am facing a problem of my back pain but only left portion of my waste is pain from top to bottom.
I have pain in my left knee .what are the remedies for it. Does it is curable. What are the medicine for it. Please suggest some medicine for it.
Had forearm fracture and fixed it with surgery by nail in the radius now 1 and half months over and cast is removed but after removing cast I feel pain in thumb finger and unable to bend it. And wrist also pain. What should I do I am very fear that whether my hand can't work as before. Please help me out. 0 Doctor Answered.
I am 67 year old it's OK if I have sex, what will be effect on my health if I have once in a month. I am having BP and osteoarthritis Thanks
I am 29 year old male. I have lower back pain problem from 4-5 year a have done x-ray many times but doctor says that it looks normal they give me medicine some time it gives me relief, after some time it again pain. So please give me advise for it.
I am suffering from lower back ache, left side of the spinal cord. Medical tests show nothing. Its just gas because I get burps and i' m ok. But the pain is rather to intense and for like days sometimes. Any idea?
I am 19 year old male and I am having back pain since last Monday while playing cricket. I have tried move spray but it didn't work what should I do now?
Hi I am 14 year old. When I am using my phone for a long time there is a psin in my backside of neck. What should I do. Please help me.
I am 37 years old and there is severe pain in my hips. I cant ride a motorcycle for continuously 30 min. As it started paining. Please suggest.
I think I'm having arthritis. I feel it difficult to move my knees. It produces sound in moving knees and sometimes painful. I'm a 31 years old female. What should I do?
Your knee is guarded and cushioned by a cartilage known as meniscus. A meniscus tear, therefore, is an extremely painful and discomforting situation. It occurs very frequently and has emerged as one of the most commonly occurring cartilage injuries. What makes a meniscus tear an extremely common phenomenon is the way it can tear that is all it takes is a twist of the knee for it to happen.
People involved in sports mostly face the brunt of this form of injury. The risk of getting meniscus torn increases with age and tends to occur at the slightest change of direction of movement.
Some of the symptoms of a torn meniscus are:
- Pain and inflammation: It goes without saying that an internal injury of the cartilage or tearing away of it would inevitably result in extreme pain and inflammation near the knee.
- Immobility: The extreme pain and inflammation, which follows will inevitably make it difficult to move. Since the pain occurs in the joint, you will have difficulty in walking and any forceful movement will only aggravate the pain.
- Locking of the knee: Locking of the knee refers to a situation when you are unable to move your knee. This occurs most commonly after you have your meniscus torn.
Notwithstanding its frequency of occurrence, there are several ways, by which you can treat a torn meniscus. Some of the ways are:
- Apply ice: In order to get some relief, applying ice is a suitable option. If you apply ice every day for some time, it wonders in reducing swelling and the consequent pain.
- Use a bandage: In order to control the swelling, it is important that you cover your knee with an elastic bandage.
- Change the posture: It is important that you keep the affected knee in an elevated plane, in order to ensure an efficient blood supply and a consequent relief from pain.
Some Medical Treatments
There are many things to consider when deciding how to treat your torn meniscus, including the extent and location of the tear, your pain level, your age and activity level, your doctor's preference, and when the injury occurred. Your medical treatment choices are:
- Nonsurgical treatment with compression, elevation, and physical therapy. This may include wearing a temporary shoulder brace.
- Surgical repair to sew the tear together.
- Partial meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the torn section.
- Total meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the entire meniscus. This is generally avoided, because this option increases the risk for osteoarthritis in the shoulder.
- Whenever possible, meniscus surgery is done using arthroscopy, rather than through a large cut in the shoulder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.