Find numerous Sexologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Sexologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Sexologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sharath Kumar CYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I am so happy that I chose this Sharath Kumar C for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. I am really grateful as his pre-marital counselling has give me a ray of hope. Our family physician personally recommended this Sharath Kumar C. Hygiene is very important, and I must MEDIWAVE I.V.F & FERTILITY RESEARCH HOSPITAL was extremely clean. My case was extremely serious, but he really handled it very nicely. It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my pre-marital counselling. I was having this pre-marital counselling, but the symptoms were not very visible.
He is one of the best physicians in city. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Sharath Kumar. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of premature ejaculation. The overall atmosphere in the MEDIWAVE HOSPITAL is very soothing. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself.
Dr Sharath Kumar C's advice and counselling has helped me immensely. He has so much knowledge I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the MEDIWAVE I.V.F & FERTILITY RESEARCH HOSPITAL. Sharath Kumar C has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. The erectile dysfunction was increasing day by day. I have had this erectile dysfunction from quite some time.
The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from male sexual problems treatment, but Dr Sharath was able to handle it with ease. Thanks to him for the treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. He handled my case with ease. The overall atmosphere in the Mediwave Hospital is very soothing.
I was diagnosed with UTI. Thanks to Dr Sharath for helping me with the treatment. He has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. Over the period of time the uti treatment has helped me a lot.
I was not able to conceive due to cyst problem. I consulted Dr Sharath, he suggested me to go through a surgery and made me believe that I will be able to conceive after this. I thank him for such an excellent suggestion he gave. I must say that he is really a great sexologist.
During the fertility treatment, Dr Sharath Kumar C supported me a lot. So many doctors I consulted, but his treatment was the best. I was very depressed when I came to know that I cannot conceive. But after the treament, I am completely okay and I have a cute son.
It's been more than a year that I was experiencing male sexual problem.Due to which my daily activities were suffering. I consulted Dr Sharath. After his treatment I am feeling better and now I am perfectly fine. He is one of the best physicians in city.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sharath Kumar C to be sensible, well-reasoned, professional, knowledgeable and very helpful. I liked the way it was put across to understand easily and also was really helpfull too Thank You.
Dr. Sharath Kumar C provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable and inspiring. But give the name of any Ayurveda or allopathic medicine which is the best for this ?
Dr. Sharath Kumar C provides answers that are knowledgeable and well-reasoned. Advice bu dr. Sharath is awesome, just refering tables by other doc i didnt found that helpul
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sharath Kumar C to be very helpful, knowledgeable, thorough, well-reasoned and caring. Very good suggestions
Dr. Sharath Kumar C provides answers that are very helpful. Sir, Very informative ur given tips. Please shower it for all of us time to time. Tks
Dr. Sharath Kumar C provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, thorough and helped me improve my health. use itcreally needy
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sharath Kumar C to be very helpful, knowledgeable and well-reasoned. Thankyou for your suggestion
Dr. Sharath Kumar C provides answers that are helped me improve my health and professional. Very good answer sir appreciate sir
Dr. Sharath Kumar C provides answers that are very helpful, well-reasoned and sensible. Thank you so much doctor sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sharath Kumar C to be knowledgeable. was great information
Dr. Sharath Kumar C provides answers that are knowledgeable. But this does not solve the problem
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sharath Kumar C to be very helpful. Thank u so much sir
Dr. Sharath Kumar C provides answers that are helped me improve my health. Seman fort..count
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sharath Kumar C to be very helpful. Thank you sir
Sir penis ki foreskin baher hoti h but mere sath aaisa nhi hota .erection time per bhi .to isse future sex m koi problem ho sakti h kya.
How to increase physical stamina. I am 24 years unmarried male vegetarian by food. I lack energy in body. Suggest me to increase physical stamina. Naturally. Or advise me if I need to go to doctor.
Hello doctor, during intercourse with my wife condom is okay it doesn't broke, please tell me is ipill tablet is still recommended.
My friend, he is 25 years and 76 weight. After a long time yesterday he has masturbated.Then come out from there bold type water. He has very worried about this. He has wanted to get it like glaireous&toughness. What do now, pls help him.
Aging is a natural process that affects every aspect of wellbeing as one gets older. Be it physical health, mental health, emotional health or sexual health, aging has an impact on it all. The desire for passion and intimacy is one that does NOT recede with age and it is best to adapt to the changes that the body goes through for a more fulfilling experience.
Aging affects the sexual health of men and women in different ways. Furthermore, it has varying effects on men and women.
What are the physiological changes that affect sexual health in women?
The onset of menopause is a major factor that has several key consequences on the sexual health of a woman. It causes alterations in the functioning of the genital and reproductive organs. Once a woman hits the menopausal stage, the vagina tends to get shorter and thinner, with stiff and narrow walls. Vaginal lubrication also decreases. These changes are known to have an impact on the ability of a woman to derive pleasure from sex.
What are the physiological changes that affect sexual health in men?
The most common sexual problem that affects older men is erectile dysfunction. Also known as impotence, this leads to the inability to achieve or maintain an erection. Premature ejaculation is an added issue. The causes for male sexual problems that occur due to aging range from diabetes and obesity to conditions of the heart and vascular system.
What are the main causes of change in sexual health with age?
Following are a few examples of factors that affect sexual performance and health with increasing age:
- Decreasing hormone levels
- Chronic joint or muscular pain
- Development of illnesses or medical conditions
- Side effects of medication
- After effects of surgery
For many people, interest in sexual activity does not decrease with age. Getting older should not come in the way of enjoying sex. Having a deep and thorough understanding of the bodies of yourself and your partner as you both age and mature will play an important role in helping the two of you derive pleasure from sex and intimacy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Though the world population seems to be increasing by leaps and bounds, there is a general concern about the dropping fertility rates in men. So, is the sperm quality of men today really at a risk?
To understand whether the sperm quality is on a decline or not, one must understand what sperm quality is and what affects it.
What defines Sperm Quality?
The ability of the sperm to accomplish fertility is known as sperm quality. Both quantity and quality of semen is important when it comes to measuring the male fertility rate. Any decrease in the sperm quality, irrespective of the quantity, can result in infertility. One can do a number of tests, such as semen analysis test, to find out their sperm quality, in turn getting an idea of how fertile they are.
Factors that cause a decline in sperm quality:
There are a large number of factors that can easily affect the sperm quality in men. Some of the major determining factors are:
1. Age - Though there is no age limit for a man to father a child, but as men grow older, there is a significant drop in sperm quality as sperm motility decreases with age.
2. Heat - Sperms are highly heat sensitive, so at high or very low temperatures, the quality of sperms decline.
3. Diet - Having an unhealthy diet based on junk food does decrease sperm quality dramatically, primarily due to the unhealthy levels of chemicals added to the food.
4. Smoking - Smoking tobacco, as well as cannabis, reduces sperm quality.
5. Chemicals - Chemicals, whether taken intentionally or unintentionally, can cause a decline in sperm quality. Chemicals such as endocrine disruptors can cause severe hormonal changes that can change the sperm quality in any healthy male.
Apart from these major factors, an excess of physical and mental stress also influence sperm quality.
What is the Sperm Quality today like?
From the factors that affect sperm quality, one can get an idea of whether their sperm quality is good or bad. Your lifestyle can be responsible for your semen quality as well. The diet you have and the amount of exercise you get directly affects your sperm quality. The chemicals that you allow into your body also affect the semen quality. At the same time, research shows that even among healthy men, sperm quality is on a steady decline.
Is it about the everyday plastics?
Not always can you be in charge of your environment. Everyday plastic like phthalates, which are used to make daily use products such as shower curtains, car dashboards and cleaning materials, affects sperm quality. Even the chemicals in sun skin lotions can have a degenerative effect. So, the sperm quality in men is truly on a steady decline today due to chemicals in the environment as well as unhealthy lifestyle choices that most men make today.
Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction, is a condition in which a man is not able to maintain an erection during sexual intercourse. It can be triggered by a variety of conditions like smoking, intake of certain drugs, health disorders or excessive consumption of alcohol. Although treatment options like medication and surgery are available, there are non-invasive treatments that can help a person fight the condition.
Here are some of them:
1. Engage in a physical workout - Among the many types of lifestyle changes that could be resorted to, exercise is the most effective one. Exercising improves blood flow and blood pressure in the body, both of which are essential for getting and maintaining a normal erection for a prolonged time. Plus, exercising also increases the level of testosterone, which is a crucial factor in sex drive.
2. Follow a balanced diet - The food you consume has a direct effect on your health and subsequently on your sex drive. A diet consisting of fruits, veggies, fish and lesser servings of red meat and refined grains can decrease the risk of impotency. Also, a healthy diet helps to maintain a stable body weight, which aids in sexual activity. Overconsumption of junk foods can cause obesity and diabetes, which are responsible for impotence.
3. Get sufficient sleep - Apart from a host of health problems, lack of sleep may also you render you impotent. Studies have shown that testosterone levels of men who are sleep deprived are much lower than in those who get their 8 hours of sleep. A proper sleep schedule should thus be duly adhered to.
4. Quit smoking and limit your alcohol consumption - Erectile dysfunction can be the cause of vascular disease. This occurs when the blood supply to the penis becomes restricted due to the blockage and narrowing of arteries. Alcohol and smoking can be responsible for this and can be the cause of both temporary and long-term impotence. Therefore, it's important to limit your alcohol consumption and quit smoking altogether. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 27 years old. I have bend in my penis shaft towards left .about 50 to 60 degree. What should I do? What will be cost for surgery? Total recovery time.
Sir, my age 25 yesterday night im masturbate and also yesterday night night fall occurs, what is the reason, its normal or not? Tell me clearly sir.
I found my penis got bent, day by day its increasing, I also found some hard substances under the shaft. When it is erect .please help.
I am 17 years old. I do masturbate for 2 - 3 years. And I am suffering from nightfall. Now I stopped masturbate. Please tell what I do to stop nightfall properly that it never happen.
STIs or sexually transmitted diseases are infections whose transmission to a healthy person from an infected person happens through sexual contact. However, with modern medicine and diagnostic techniques, there are ways to prevent, detect and cure them effectively and quickly.
Not all diseases are curable though and it is best to follow preventive measures. Also, for sexually active adults it is an absolute necessity to get tested regularly for their health as well as the well-being of their partners.
Why do people tend to avoid getting tested for STIs or sexually transmitted infections?
One of the major factors that avert people from regular tests is the social stigma attached with sexually transmitted diseases. It is absolutely imperative for sexually active adults to go for regular checkups so that if they have any infections or diseases, it can be diagnosed quickly and remedial measure can be taken appropriately.
The benefits of regular checkups
Some of the benefits of regular checkups are mentioned here:-
- Regular checkups can detect problems at a stage when the conditions may not have progressed too much and this will make it easily treatable.
- With HIV positive patients, the quicker the testing gets done the quicker the treatment can be started. Thus, can prevent the onset of AIDS.
- Regular checkups can control the progression of the diseases such as Chlamydia, which if left untreated can cause permanent infertility.
- Getting a prospective partner tested is also a good idea as this can enable one to protect themselves from STIs.
- Symptoms for certain STIs can be similar to many other non-sexual or non-venereal diseases. Thus getting tests done is the only way to get to know if there is an STI or if it is some other nonsexual disease.
- HPV or Human Papilloma Virus can be detected easily with regular STI checkups and thus appropriate treatment can be started. If HPV isn't detected early, it can manifest much later in the form of cancer, which makes it more important to get yourself checked early on.
Having problems ejaculating at the right time can prevent you and your partner from feeling satisfied during sexual intercourse. Nonetheless, premature ejaculation is not the only type of ejaculation issues you should know about. In addition to this other forms of ejaculation that make up this group of sexual dysfunction are delayed ejaculation and retrograde ejaculation.
Here's how you need to handle the different types of ejaculation problems:
Premature ejaculation - The first very common ejaculation that all men in the world experience is premature ejaculation. This kind of sexual dysfunction occurs when you ejaculate either before or after penetration with least amount of sexual stimulation.
To treat the problem, medicines, primarily a form of anti-depressant drug known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (ssris) are recommended for bringing about a delay in the expulsion of semen. Even couple therapy can help to treat the problem as this form of counseling helps in coming up with methods that both the partners can perform to prevent premature ejaculation.
Delayed ejaculation - You're said to suffer from instances of delayed ejaculation if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Unable to expel semen even though you may want to and your erection is normal
- Experiencing considerable delay in reaching orgasm
- If you're suffering from a constant as well as an unwanted delay lasting between 30 and 60 minutes, you're said to be experiencing delayed ejaculation
- Unable to attain ejaculation no less than half the times you have sexual intercourse
Treatment for this problem usually involves going to the root cause of the problem. Many times, the cause could be an effect of the medication you may be taking. If the cause is psychological in nature, you may require counseling.
Retrograde ejaculation - This happens when the ejaculate matter rather than exiting through the penis goes back into the bladder and comes out later during urination. Retrograde ejaculation commonly occurs in diabetics, especially those that suffer from nerve damage brought on by diabetes.
This type of sexual dysfunction doesn't require treatment as you can still experience a healthy sex life. In certain cases, the use of drugs can also help in restoring your normal ejaculation prowess. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
It refers to the touching of your own body in order to get pleasure and satisfaction. This activity is a very important part of physical as well as mental wellbeing.
Men and women all over the world engage in masturbation, irrespective of whether or not they are sexually active with their partners. There are many myths and debates associated with the act of masturbation, especially for those who are in committal (or non-committal) relationships with a regular sexual partner.
One of these myths is that masturbating when you're in a relationship is abnormal and is indicative of the fact that your partner has lost interest in you and is not sexually attracted to you.
However, masturbating in a relationship is perfectly normal for the following reasons:
- It is how many learn about their bodies and sexual responsiveness, which enables them to perform better during intercourse
- It acts as a sexual outlet for those whose partners do not wish to have sex or are unavailable for a temporary time period
- It is a safe alternative when the risk of sexually transmitted infections and diseases is present
Apart from that masturbation can also help enhancing the sexual relationship as studies show that those who had experienced orgasm through masturbation before they started having sex are likelier to experience better orgasms when they have sex than those who don't masturbate.
However, masturbation comes with its own set of problems. If done excessively, these problems will begin to manifest themselves in the bedroom in the form of sexual dysfunction.
The subsequent reasons entail why it is not good to masturbate too frequently:
- Too much masturbation leads to loss of libido: Some people tend to constant masturbate to pornography despite having regular sexual partners. They often find themselves underperforming during intercourse as unwarranted masturbation lowers sexual drive.
- Masturbation does not have the health benefits of sexual intercourse: Having regular sex with a partner positively impacts many aspects of one's health, such as blood pressure, cardiac vigour, hormone secretions, etc. However, masturbation does not carry many of those benefits, as studies have shown.
- Masturbation has its own risks: It may be considered the safest form of sex possible but it isn't entirely risk-free. Frequent masturbation can cause skin irritations and men who masturbate with roughness face the risk of penile fracture.
The amount of masturbation that one should indulge in is extremely subjective. Those who masturbate regularly and still have a healthy sexual relationship with their partners are in a wholesome place. But if masturbation causes you to develop an aversion to having sex with your partner, consult a sex therapist right away. Compulsive masturbation is a behavior that disrupts one's life both physically and mentally.
Premature ejaculation or early ejaculation is the expelling of semen with minimum sexual stimulation, almost immediately after (or sometimes before) sexual penetration. This is a common sexual problem for men below the age of 45 in addition to erectile dysfunction. Premature ejaculation can be a result of several physical and psychological factors.
If the root cause is not serious, the problem can be solved by a few simple techniques, such as:
- Breathing exercises: Relaxation techniques like breathing exercises and meditative practices can help you to concentrate. It also moderates the tension and stress levels which are directly related to arousal. Avoid short and rapid breaths as they can put undue pressure on the heart and increase the pulse rate. This often results in early ejaculation. On the other hand, if you take deep breaths and practice holding them in for three to five seconds, you can also use the technique during arousal.
- Kegel exercises: Kegel exercises can help both men and women with their sexual problems. In men, these help to strengthen the pubococcygeus muscle by repeated contraction and relaxation. The pubococcygeus muscle helps to control urination too. If you use the same technique when you are close to an orgasm, you can delay your ejaculation.
- Squeeze technique: This technique is used to reduce excessive and rapid rate of arousal. When you are close to orgasm, you can squeeze the base of the penis to curb the erection somewhat so that it can build up again. This will automatically delay ejaculation. It is a good idea to practice this technique on your own first and then try it with your partner.
- Stop and start exercise: This exercise was perfected by the Masters and Johnson team of sexual research. This technique is also to be practiced individually for the first few times. You can masturbate alone and stop just before reaching the climax. You can practice this again and again by bringing yourself closer to ejaculation every time until the point you cannot control or regulate the process any more. This will help you to know the limit till which you can stop and regulate the ejaculation process. You can then use this technique during sexual activity with your partner.
- Reduce stress: The stress hormones in your body prevent the secretion of testosterone which is responsible for your sex drive. Alcohol, tobacco or nicotine and other illegal drugs used to combat stress can also have an adverse effect on your sexual arousal and cause premature ejaculation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
If I go for sexual intercourse with my partner, it takes jus half a minute or can say 3-4 pushes me to orgasm, how can I increase my sexual timing?
Anything that's done the first time can be nerve wrecking. It holds true for sex also. For men, it would be all about being able to perform; women, on the other hand, usually look at sex as an indicator of a relationship's potential.
Whether you're a woman or a man, keep these points in mind to make the best of the first time together with your partner.
1. Don't go in with a lot of expectations
You need to remember that sex improves with time as you become more comfortable with each other. Sex for the first time is not the be all and end all of the things; it's just the first of the several that you'll be having.
2. Breathe to release tension
Long and deep breaths are the key to beating the tension that gets built up around having sex for the very first time. This small tip can help to make your first less stressful, and more amazing.
3. Don't forget to kiss or miss foreplay
A study in the evolutionary psychology reveals that only 1 out of 7 women agrees to sleep with men without indulging in foreplay first. Men must remember that women are not always on the lookout for just sex, but something beyond that. Men should try to reassure the women with lots of kissing and touching. They could begin by planting gentle kisses.
4. Descend slowly
On an average, it takes about 8 minutes for a woman to be aroused before she desires her clitoris to be stimulated. Doubling, this time, is a good practice as it takes that much to reach orgasm. Spending 15 minutes of your time playing around with your partner's body before descending is what you should aim for during your first time.
5. Don't blame yourself
Women tend to blame themselves if their partner experiences erection difficulty or premature ejaculation. But such problems are typical, with the root cause being anxiety surrounding the occasion than you. So don't waste time beating yourself up over it, rather enjoy the moment. As many as 80% women cannot reach orgasm through sexual intercourse.
6. Every sexual encounter is distinct
It's very common for folks who are having sex for the first time to not speak up and let their partner know what's making them feel good and what's not. This is incorrect. You should not assume that your partner is an expert on sex. Even if he or she is more experienced than you, every sexual encounter is not the same. This holds true for men as well as for women. So be open and talk about what turns on you on. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.