Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sharath K.rYour feedback matters!
He is suffering from pain over Rt TM joint anytime, more on chewing. He is habituated to tobacco chewing.help me
I am 23rd old male from Mombasa kenya. I have a knee injury with acl tear and have done a mri scan. What should I do now?
I am 59 years old. I have back pain in the morning in vertebrae. After I go for a walk, I feel good. But, there will be discharge from nose like gel. What should I do?
I have pain above knee on a muscle it started yesterday I had not done any hard work or any hard sport but it pains very bad I can move my leg but it pains. What kind of medicine should I prefer.
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last months. I have yoused pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got any relief. What should I do now?
The anterior cruciate ligament is one of the most delicate yet vital ligaments that holds the knee bones in place and stabilizes the movement. Injury to the ligament, on account of a sprain, can prove to be a cause of severe distress. This may lead to a partial or a complete destabilization of the knee joints and impair the normal movements to a great extent.
Some of the most common causes of this sort of a ligament tear are accidental injuries during a sporting activity, unexpected collision or incorrect body postures. This is a fairly common occurrence among the athletes. However, the physiological and neuromuscular controls make women more susceptible to damage to the Anterior Cruciate Ligament than men.
There are two cruciate ligaments in our body, i.e. the anterior and the posterior cruciate ligaments. They run in crosses to connect the insides of the knee joints. They regulate the back and forth movement of your knees. They therefore, may incur substantial damage through sudden movements like jerks or an abrupt change of direction; the degree of tear may vary from minor strains to complete detachment. Accordingly, treatments are available to cure the distress. The treatments may either be surgical or nonsurgical, depending about the extent of the injury as well as the age of the patient. A complete tear in the ligament necessitates surgery for recovery. However, one may choose to opt for other non - surgical methods to minimize the damage.
Some of the most effective treatments for a tear in the anterior cruciate ligament have been enlisted below:
1. Bracing: Wearing a brace or using a crutch for the purpose of movement can accord the knees with some stability. It also keeps the joints intact and alleviates pain.
2. Physiotherapy: Once the inflammation reduces, you may opt for physiotherapy to restore movement and reduce the pain. Heat and Ice therapies work as ideal adjuvants to physiotherapy in such cases.
3. Surgery: Regrowth of the anterior cruciate ligament may be possible through a surgical process of grafting. This enables the tissues to repair themselves. Knee caps and adequate rest accord better rehabilitation. The recovery is faster and steadier in this process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have pain in my back from 9 days. What are the medicines to take for relief from back pains. What are the solutions for back pain.
If you are suffering from neuromuscular disorders and require an effective, natural cure, you should opt for Ayurveda. Neuromuscular disorders are conditions in which certain areas of your central nervous system may get affected. It leads to the dysfunction and degeneration of your musculature, and also disables the functioning of certain organs at times. According to the Ayurvedic principles, most neuromuscular disorders occur because of beeja dosha, deranged vata and due to certain defects or impairments of your mamsagni or muscle enzymes.
Ayurvedic treatment for neuromuscular disorders
There are several modes of treatment and management for neuromuscular disorders based on Ayurvedic principles.
- Panchakarna therapy, several yoga techniques, and specially developed molecules or mamsagni rasayan are commonly used for treating such disorders. These help people in maintaining muscle strength and functioning.
- Strict Ayurvedic dietary modifications are also required to be undertaken by people with metabolic disorders and those suffering from neuromuscular diseases.
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are used for treating neuromuscular disorders. These herbs should become a part of your regular diet.
- Ayurvedic treatment helps in slowing down or stopping the progression of muscle degeneration, which is likely in case of neuromuscular disorders.
- It is ideal to apply a combined Ayurvedic strategy for treating neuromuscular disorders, which includes mamsagni rasayana, yoga, pizhichil, anuvasana vasti and Til Mash Pinda. These are undertaken for long-term management.
- This is an Ayurvedic formula or preparation that was developed as a remedy for neuromuscular disorders. The medicine should be taken before meals with honey.
- It contains several active and highly beneficial ingredients such as triphala, gurvel, marich, kuchla, gold bhasma, and guggul.
- It helps in the regulation of muscle metabolism and is ideal for the management of neuromuscular disorders and muscular dystrophies.
- The mixture is very effective in correcting membrane defects and regulating fat metabolism.
- Among the various ingredients, kuchla helps in boosting the neuromuscular tone, gold bhasma prevents muscle degeneration, and gurvel helps with immunity modulation.
- The combined effect of all the ingredients helps in balancing your neuromuscular vata, pitta, and kapha.
- You will observe results coming in the form of weight loss, decrease in your difficulty to walk, decrease in your blood CPK levels, and an increase in your neuromuscular tone. Your muscle power enhances and you get an improved weight ratio by taking this Ayurvedic solution.
You should consult an Ayurvedic physician, if you seek Ayurvedic treatment for overcoming neuromuscular disorders. An experienced doctor would be able to prescribe you the best solutions based on your condition, symptoms, and severity.