Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sharath HegdeYour feedback matters!
I have some black spots on my back. I used scar cream to avoid those but it is irritating me. What I should do?
I was having chickenpox 1 month ago now I Am okay but there are so many black spots are remaining on my face. Dr. prescribed Aciclovir Cream I.P. Herpex 5%. I used it but I can not get rid of spots my skin is so oily too . Please tell me some kind of Effective Natural treatment for this . Seeking for your reply . Thanks.
My fingers are swelling and becoming red which happens in every winter and with increase in cold it's itching too. What to do? It's unbearable and increases largely if I try to itch it.
Sir I have pimples and black heads on my face and my skin is losing white colour so prefer any soap for skin and any cream for pimples.
Aging is natural and inevitable. But today, sun damage and pollution are speeding up the process of aging. As your skin ages, you might start feeling terrible about your appearance. Luckily, modern technology and science have a solution to that. Nowadays, there are too many anti-aging treatments available, and Botox and fillers are the latest craze. And it could get confusing for some people to correctly distinguish between them. Read on to know more about what both these anti wrinkle treatments are all about and what they do for you.
What is Botox?
Botox is made from the neurotoxin named botulinum toxin. Botox injections basically freeze the muscles under wrinkles.
What are its advantages?
Some advantages of Botox include
1. The muscles are relaxed, which makes the skin seem tighter and smoother
2. Lines on your forehead, between (furrow lines) and around your eyes (crow’s feet) are best treated with Botox and hence are considered the best skin tightening treatment.
What are its disadvantages?
Botox has certain disadvantages as well, such as
1. Finer lines cannot be fixed with Botox which makes it a non-inclusive treatment
2. There are side effects of using Botox, such as droopy eyelids, facial pain, muscle weakness or eyelid swelling.
What are fillers?
Wrinkle fillers are injected under the skin to give volume and fill out wrinkles, thus smoothening them and making the skin look younger. Fillers usually contain natural acids such as hyaluronic acid, or synthetic acids like silicone. Collagen fillers can also be used.
What are its advantages?
The advantages of fillers include
1. They are non-invasive
2. The procedure doesn’t take too much time
3. Side effects are hardly severe and often lessen on their own
4. Fillers need less time for recovery
5. Fillers are best for fine lines around the nose and lip. Also laugh lines are better treated with fillers.
What are its disadvantages?
Some disadvantages of fillers include
1. More than one course is needed for optimum results
2. Skin weakness is a common side effect which leads to scarring
3. Deep wrinkles and scarring cannot be resolved with fillers
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic surgeon.
I am boy and 19 year old. Today when I apply lemon on face than I feel irritation after washing I saw red mark and little acne. please solve it and me some suitable think to get clear and glowing skin.
Hi doctor. I am 23 years old female. My lips are becoming dark and I want natural color back so can you please suggest me any cream or balm? I do not smoke and also I have used many used many remedies but those were not effective I have also used getlite cream but it was not affective.
There is irritation and pain in my Anus area. Is it a sign of piles, if yes, what are the possible remedies to cure this.
I have black spot on my back as well as pimples. I used scar removal cream but there is no effect on the spots of scar removal cream. What should I do?
My daughter is 12 years old her face texture has changed. She has got tiny heat pimples on her forehead and on back of her neck. She has got blackheads on her nose. She uses antidandruf shampoo for her hair and clean and clear face wash. Can you suggest how to remove that blackhead and improve her skin texture.
Sir I am Suffering from ulcerative colitis since September 2015 and I recovered it in December 2015 but now problem started blood in stool, abdominal pain, emergency in toilet and weakness. Now my Dr. Told me to we have last option and I have take steroid now. So what can I do now.
Hi doctor, before when I was 15 or 16 years, I was so fair, but suddenly I got allergy & I went to a doctor he gave me 3 injections per week, he gave almost 2 months, even though the allergy din got reduced & went to other doctor he just told me to do blood test & he gave me some medicine for 1 month & it got cured but the thing s after he gave that much injections my body color reduced like sun tan. I am 24 now I am so depressed to see ma color. Please help me to gt ma color back.
Sir I m 20 years old. Last couple weeks I have noticed I have increased itching in random areas of body, around my ankles, hands, palms, back, waist, and on top of hands. I don't have hives or irritation or any flaring of skin but I scratch just enough where I leave scratch marks on my skin. It feels like something is crawling underneath skin. I try to rub but occasionally it is not enough that I end up scratching. This to me is not something normal.
Dr. I am using a mometasone based cream on my face for more than a year with no side effects but good result in skin lightning should I continue it.
I am having one small white spots on my penis shaft and have itching also. Before 5 months I am having the same thing but its more like 4 or 5 and get treated by skin doc they remove it by surgical syringe and advice to test hiv and std its report r normal. Can you please help me with that I am very much thankful to u. I don'nt know what to do. Advice me with your good one.
Sir, my skin is very dry and have blackheads. I couldn't use any cream bcoz of skin allergy. But now I'm looking much more aged. please sir help me to improve my skin.
I have fissure in ano stool come to the opening but never come out till I strain, will you suggest best diet, because I could not afford for surgeries. I am 62 without any other ailments no sugar nor bp.
Hi my one year old son is getting black as his face was fair. I am using tedibar soap oly. Suggest soap. Doctor. He was like a cherry pink.
If all the products available in the market are no longer doing anything for your skin, then you can turn to the ancient science of Ayurveda. There are many fruits, vegetables and herbs that can help you get the perfect skin that glows with inner health. But before choosing the right herbs, you might consider what is your skin type.
According to Ayurveda, skin is of three types:
- Vata: this skin type is dry, delicate and thin by nature.
- Pitta: this skin type is soft, sensitive and thicker by nature.
- Kapha: this skin type is thick, oily and has high sun tolerance.
After you understand your skin type, you can add the following herbs to your daily skin regime:
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood is one of the most important Ayurvedic remedies. It is good for pitta and kapha skin types. You can use it to treat acne, whiten skin, moisturise skin, treat blemishes and rashes, and treat itchy skin.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is used in a lot of beauty products. It is good for kapha and pitta skin types. You can use it directly as a moisturiser or mix it with a face pack. It makes skin soft and gets rid of pigmentation.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a blood purifier and has anti-aging and antibacterial properties. It is good for all three skin types. It can be used to brighten and moisturise skin, and also used to remove skin tan.
- Saffron: Saffron has been used to whiten skin for ages. Mix it with raw milk and olive oil for best results.
- Kumkumadi oil: Kumkumadi oil is an Ayurvedic mixture of 16 ingredients. It is good for skin whitening, removing tanning and marks from the skin.
- Carrot: Carrot is very good for vata skin type. It is an effective moisturiser. It brings much relief to chapped lips, itchy and dry skin. It makes skin smooth and youthful.
- Cucumber or cucumber seeds: Cucumbers are good coolants. It is also an effective antiseptic. It has anti-aging properties.
- Quince seed: Quince seed has anti-aging properties.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is antiseptic in nature. It is a natural toner and makes skin look fresh.
- Almond oil: Almond oil makes the skin glow and look youthful.
For optimum results, an Ayurvedic skin regime must be complemented by a healthy diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.