Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sharath Chandra HYour feedback matters!
If we need to name this age of medical science with a word- certainly this is the age of Joint problems Osteoarthritis. Those were the days when joint pains were thought to be associated with the old age only, but nowadays these pains are presenting in all age groups. There is no age of Joint pains as of now. In an age of 25, even you can find a patient with osteoarthritis.
Age was a limit for such conditions but now things are changing fast.
- We are eating more nutritious foods, we are in better comforts still our joints are giving up? There is something wrong with us and with our system. Certainly, we need to look back at the things and need to check everything so that we can manage the things in a better way.
- When a person comes with Gout that is increased uric acid in the body western system of medicines he will be told to lower down the uric acid simply by taking some of the medicines. But this is not the solution for the problem. Problem is not increased uric acid the core problem is- why this uric acid is being produced in the body in this much of quantity, until unless we don't rectify the system due to which uric acid is being produced in abundant. This is the difference in Ayurveda and western system of medicines. We at Sukhayu follow the same tradition of Ayurveda to rectify the metabolism of proteins so that we can remove the extra uric acid from the body.
- So culprit is the system which is producing the extra uric acid not the uric acid. We need to address the culprit for sure, not just the uric acid, alone.
- The same is applicable to the osteoarthritis. It is now in a fashion to give Vitamin D, Calcium, Glucosamine along with some pain killers and they just tell that Cartilage is damaged in your body. These things they continue for 6 months and one day they tell us that no, now you need to go for the knee joint replacement?
Is it the solution!
- The first and foremost solution for the problem is to “save” the knees and cartilages from the damage and basic way to that is “education” what we need to share with a patient as a physician. Second thing is to promote certain types of the diet for a patient according to his/her Prakruti so that he/she can get a proper amount of the calcium and vitamin D. We are not nourishing human bodies by using all these medicines we are only nourishing the pharmaceutical companies.
- Ayurveda says that these are age related problems and we need to work on a pattern to reduce the momentum of the age. If age appears aggressively, it will bring its all complications along with and will shatter the quality of the life for sure. So the main concern should be to slow down the process of aging with certain remedies along with certain diet and lifestyle modulations.
- In last many years we have seen a lot of patients who came to us and asked for weight loss, even they were suffering with osteoarthritis. Because every second person asked them to reduce weight only. But as per Ayurveda osteoarthritis is a condition of Vata Dosha and if we kept on loosing weight in a patient we will be aggravating the Vata dosha which will again increase the problem, that is why we cannot do it scientifically (as per Ayurved) but beyond this the question is of a different approach-
- If a person cannot walk or stand even, how can you ask him/her to loose weight?
- Are we promoting some of the surgical techniques to reduce weight in “hide” of the osteoarthritis?
- Things are not easy with joint pains, we do agree on this but when it comes to Ayurved, it is the only science which deals with the health-happiness and life not only about diseases. Sukhayu, as name tells – Life full of happiness!! We are committed to give the best of the health facilities to promote the complete of health of a person.
As per a research – More than 60% of the knee replacement are done without a requirement.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a boy I have an a pain at my leg at every morning thats why I am very afraid about that. Dr. please help me.
As I got back pain and after scanning I came to known it's kidney Stone, so better I go for operation or any treatment is available.
I am 18 years old male I have pain on my neck I also take medicine but there is no result please consult me what I have to do?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can be said to be one of the most painful disorders to have. There is a high likelihood that a lot of people can agree with this statement as the number of people who suffer from this issue is just so high! Yet, a funny thing to take note of is the fact that even people who are experts on CTS, which is the abbreviation of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, are not really aware as to what its causes are!
That being said, it really does not mean that a person whose life has been affected negatively by it does not make a conscious effort to get better so that the condition is not as painful. In order to do this, what he or she would do is to commit to doing some exercises which directly address the problem at hand.
- To start with the exercises, it makes sense, to begin with, the one which is the simplest and this happens to be an exercise which is often known as the shake. What this requires the person to do is to shake his or her hands while making sure to keep them flexible. This action is pretty much the same as a person would do, if he or she were to try to air dry his or her hands without making use of a towel.
- Another simple exercise which is prescribed by quite a lot of doctors who are accomplished experts when it comes to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is one in which the person who has the condition makes his or her hands a fist. After this is done, what he or she needs to do is to release the fist and go on to stretch the fingers out as wide as possible. The extension should attempt to be in the shape of a fan.
It may be surprising, but it can be said that the ill effects of something which is as troublesome as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can be improved if these simple exercises are done with regularity. However, if a person is looking for a drastic change, it can be expected that he or she would have to do more by the way of complex exercises, at least on a relative scale.
One of these exercises is to join the hands in a prayer position and then separate the palms, but make sure the fingers stay pressed to each other; an act known as steepling the fingers. With these simple exercises in place, you can avoid the pain of dealing with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome for good! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.