Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharath Chandra
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sharath ChandraYour feedback matters!
If you ever see any white patches in your mouth please do visit a dentist for proper check up as it could be an unavoidable disease. It can be scrapable or non scrapable. White patches can be seen due cheek bites if you have any sharp tooth it can hurt your oral mucosa all you can do is do visit your dentist he/she will the round off the sharp point as it is necessary to avoid further development of any pathology.
Keep your diet healthy add more fruits and green vegetables in your diet will do the added benefits.
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.
Wearing condom and having oral sex is safe or not? Wearing one or more condom again and again changing after single intercourse cause me reduced penis erection My partners teeth may some time caused holes or scratch in condom My partners rough handling of my penis make me feel more pain even if I wear condom.
I am 38 years old and I am suffering with ulcer and pains in bones and loss of weight, acidity and weakness and I had taken many treatments but there was no use so kindly suggest me what t o do I smoke once in awhile when I take alcohol.
I am a 25 years old male have thick white layer on my tongue from last 10 years. Can you please suggest me some best medicine to get rid of white layer from my tongue. I do use tongue cleaner at morning but after an hour again it becomes full white. And have a deep bad breath all day. Please suggest me some mouthwash too. Thanking you.
Poor dental habits often invariably lead to complicated dental issues and hence expensive treatments. And, to maintain the general good health of your teeth, brushing is not enough. It is very important to regularly floss too.
Difference between brushing and flossing: For those who consider brushing and flossing to be similar, here is where the difference lies. While you brush your teeth, it's only the surface that gets cleaned. But the dirt that gets accumulated between the gaps of your teeth can only be cleaned by using a thin nylon thread, and that process is known as flossing. Avoiding flossing can lead to cavities and decay and also gum diseases at times.
Benefits of Flossing:
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases: Periodontal diseases, that is, diseases of the teeth, gums and mouth, can lead to heart diseases. Thus maintaining oral health can reduce the risk of any major ailments manifold. It can also help you to avoid the risk of diabetes and high body mass index.
- Cleaner breath: Flossing cleans the dirt between the teeth that gets accumulated when we eat. The accumulated food, if not taken out, starts decaying and creates bacteria and results in bad breath, leaving a bad impression.
- Cleaner and glossier teeth: Flossing regularly keeps your teeth clean and white. It also makes your teeth gleam, making your smile more attractive.
- Keeps you healthy while you are pregnant: During pregnancy, some women suffer from enamel wear and gum diseases. Thus, flossing regularly even while you are pregnant can help you maintain your dental health.
Types of dental floss:
- Waxed and unwaxed dental floss: Waxed dental floss is much smoother than the unwaxed version, and as a result, moves more easily between the teeth. On the other hand, unwaxed dental floss can be a little rough to use in the beginning.
- Teflon floss: Made of Teflon, this type of floss is extremely easy to navigate between the teeth and rarely gets stuck between teeth.
- Thread floss: This one works just like the other flosses, but is simply made of a different material, that is, nylon.
- Tape Floss: As compared to the other type of flosses, this particular floss is a little thick and is suitable for people who have wider gaps between their teeth.
You can also stick to flossing aids for maintaining proper dental hygiene. They are usually perfect for people who find the conventional forms difficult to adapt to. However, such aids may be more expensive than regular flosses.
You can also use a toothpick or an interdental brush in case you wish to avoid flossing. Just make sure that the dirt comes out, no matter which method you take up! Keep Smiling!