Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SharanabasaveshYour feedback matters!
For 6 months baby ,the skin gets cracks and become reddish. We are already using pears soap but its not control, please suggest what will do. Which product we will use, that's not effects the skin colour.
My daughter is 3 year old. She is having cough since last week. We have given her cough syrup but no effect. Kindly suggest what we should give her. She used to cough at nights.
My son hardly 2 months cries continuously sometimes. We will not understand why he is crying. What will be the reason.
Quadrovax vaccine for dtp and tresivac vaccine for mmr fine for 5 years child? my child is now 4.5 years old, as per record he supposed to take 2nd booster of dtp. He got first booster of dtp vaccine from pentaxim brand, which is called to be a painless medicine (i do understand the difference between painful and painless). Since as of now (june-2015) pentaxim brand is not available because of some unknown reason. I would like to know more about quadrovax vaccine for dtp and tresivac vaccine for mmr fine for 5 years child? this is from serum manufacture? may I know if you have used same vaccination of your child and you are properly satisfied from that.
My daughter is 2 months old she is always crying so I went to podiatrist doctor he told that is common nothing a problem but baby heart beat combined with murmur sound we again consult with cardiac doctor, he check and told nothing baby is normal. Again podiatrist doctor telling after 3 or 4 months completed go and consult with experience doctor what to do so scar about my baby. Note if she is crying turned into reddish colour with nonstop cry.
I want twins baby . Is it in our hand or its just naturally happens . If yes, What have to do having twins?
Hai I'm having a five n half month old baby. For past two days he s passing urine wth difficulty. Is it normal. He s under treatment of uti. Taking septran 2.5 ml daily in night. Is it normal or anything need to worry.
Hello doctor I have 2.5 months male baby .He uses to urinate frequently 2 times in every one hour I am worrying bcoz is this is diabetic symptom please suggest .I am thinking bcoz of cold climate he urinating much.
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.