Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharadhamma Ck
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sharadhamma CkYour feedback matters!
Hi. I' m a 49 year old woman. I have a bad body pain, especially in my back and knee. They are also accompanied with irregular periods and indigestion.
I had sex with my fiancee. And both of us are ready for anal sex. But when we tried. She was suffering from lot of pain from a bit intercourse. Advice me any medicine or any injection that would reduce pain during intercourse?
My wife is conceive for 2 months now she was feeling heavy hungry from last week. But she is irregular of having food. Now she is not feeling hungry at all but other symptoms are same like vomiting, dizziness n all. So my concern is now baby is healthy or anything wrong for baby??
I had unprotected sex on 9th day of menstrual cycle. And ejaculated outside the vagina not inside. Having periods regularly.In march menstrual cycle was 27 days, april-32 days, may-28 days June-33 days July- 29 days And had last periods on 4th august and sex on 12th august 2017 So how many chances of pregnancy and what to do now.
Are you aware of the condition known as oligohydramnios during pregnancy, in which there is too less amniotic fluid? The amniotic fluid is an important part of your baby’s support system. It helps in protecting your baby and in the development of lungs, muscles, limbs, and the digestive system. The amount of this fluid can be measured via several methods. amniotic fluid index (AFI) evaluation is commonly used for measurement. When the results show a fluid level less than five centimeters, you need to diagnose yourself for oligohydramnios.
There are several causes, which may lead to low amniotic fluid levels in your body. They are as follows:
- Birth defects: Issues in proper development of the urinary tract or the kidneys lead to decreased urine production, which in turn results in decreased amniotic fluid levels.
- Placental problems: When your placenta does not provide sufficient supply of blood and nutrients to the baby, it may not recycle the fluid anymore.
- Leaking of membranes: A tear in the membrane may cause a slow trickling of fluid, or a rapid gush of fluid. The premature rupture of membranes (PROM) also leads to low levels of amniotic fluid.
- Post date pregnancy: Low amniotic fluid levels may occur during a post date pregnancy. It is a form of pregnancy that lasts for 42 weeks.
- Maternal complications: Several factors like hypertension, maternal dehydration, diabetes, and chronic hypoxia may lead to decreased levels of amniotic fluid levels during pregnancy.
The treatment for low amniotic fluid level depends on your gestational age. In case you are not full term, you will be closely monitored and your fluid levels will be observed. Non-stress and contraction stress tests may be conducted for monitoring the activities of your baby. If you are almost near full term, delivery is recommended by most health practitioners, in case of low amniotic fluid levels.
Other treatment methods that are used include the following:
- Amino infusion during labor via an intrauterine catheter is carried out. The added fluids help with the umbilical cord padding during delivery. It also helps in lowering the chances of a Cesarean delivery.
- The injection of amniotic fluid before delivery via amniocentesis is also undertaken. It is likely for the oligohydramnios to reoccur within one week after this treatment procedure, but it helps doctors to visualize your fetal anatomy and diagnose the condition.
Maternal rehydration using oral fluids and IV fluids also helps in increasing the amniotic fluid levels.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!