Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Sharada JayramYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from sciatica pain last 8 weeks I take some pain killers but some time little pain occurred in my hip. So what should I do. Please refer me some exercise.
Human beings can be shielded from many infectious diseases. One of the ways to do this is by getting the disease and then producing antibodies against it so that future attacks do not happen. The second way is to have the bacteria introduced into the system so that the antibodies are produced and the infection does not take place. The first method is called active immunisation and the second is known as passive immunisation, and both are effective against different organisms.
When a baby is born, passive immunisation is chosen to provide protection against a number of diseases. In fact, the doctor will give you a list of shots that the child should be given and when. Immunisation is necessary for the following reasons:
- To save a child's life: Dreadful diseases that were once life-threatening are now completely under control through immunisation. Give your child these shots and save his/her life. Polio for instance is one such example, with incidences of paralysis and death coming down to almost nil now. Measles and whooping cough are other examples.
- Travel increases exposure: While some diseases may not be prevalent in some countries, increased travel to affected regions puts the child at a risk of developing that disease. For instance, contracting measles in the Philippines is easily avoidable with the help of vaccines.
- Early protection: The recommended schedule of immunisation should be completed so that children are offered early protection when they are most vulnerable. Their immune system is yet to mature, and this puts them at a higher risk of infections. In addition to checking with the doctor, there are multiple online tools available to check which shot should be given and at what age. Ensure that your child’s immunisations are up to date. This will ensure that they don’t miss school on account of ill health and you don’t have to miss work to take care of them.
- Safe and effective: The approved lists of shots are tested extensively and are proven safe and efficacious for children. The only few side effects include minor discomfort while taking the injection and sometimes mild fever which is short-lived, but this is nothing compared to the deadly effects of the disease for which the shots are being given.
- Social responsibility: When you vaccinate your child, you extend that immunity to your family, friends, and rest of the community. This helps in controlling the spread of certain diseases, and if everybody does it religiously, a healthy community is formed.
So, go ahead and protect your child against various diseases so that he/she can lead a healthy, happy, disease free life.
First time female se sex krne pe penis kitta andar jata hai tb uske bleeding honi lag jaati hai? Aur dard bhi hone lagta hai? Aur jab bleeding hoti hai tb use kitta dard hota hai aur kitti der baad thik ho jata hai?
She is a heart patient, she is having a skin problem and also pain in right hand. what to do now please tell.
Due to work stress I can't able to get enough sleep for few days. Please suggest something for having more sleep.
I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I ejaculate very quickly, sometimes within a minute. I am afraid I will not be able to satisfy my partner. What can I do do change this?
Mere dost Jo police department mai karyarat hai unko bp problem hai or sciatica hai please help him.
Hello sir\ madam, I am 26 year old, I am suffering from head ache from last week three months, and also a hard cold and cough, What should i do?
Hy! I am aditya! Thanks for this. I can not sleep at night. I don't why. I always try to sleep but I think too much. Hope you help ne what should I do. Regards.
My penis is small how can I growth that, any food problems or not, then the sperm comes quickly within seconds.
I think I will get trouble while having sex because my pennis is about 4inches. I didn't participate in sex till by the fear of this size of pennis Please help me.
Itching nose and sneezing allergy in nose due to dust and pollution, please tell me how to cure this?
I smoke a lot. Can I get my heart tested to see if my heart has undergone any damage? Can the condition be treated? Which all tests should I take? What would be the average cost of these tests? Please help.
Home remedies for constipation in infants
Infants usually suffer from constipation when they are introduced to solid food. Insufficient intake of water, formula milk and lactose-intolerance are some of the other reasons of constipation in infants. It is very difficult to calm an infant when he/she is suffering from constipation. The little ones cannot express themselves completely but you can easily make out from their uncontrolled crying and the acute tummy ache; that they are suffering from constipation.
Here are some indian home remedies for constipation in infants:
- Raisins: Soak 4-5 raisins in water overnight. Squeeze the juice out of the swollen grapes and give this to your baby. It helps to pass motion very fast. Dry red grapes are much better than green ones to relieve constipation.
- Castor oil: Mix a few drops of castor oil with the mother’s milk and feed this to the baby. It can also be given with a teaspoon of lukewarm water. This dose needs to be given once a day till the baby is relieved.
- Spinach rice: Cook a small quantity of green gram dal with spinach puree and rice. Take a separate pan and add some oil and put the mixture of dal, spinach and rice in to this pan and simmer for a few minutes. This is a very effective home remedy for constipation in infants.
- Orange juice: During summers, add some water and dilute orange juice. This is the best way of getting rid of constipation. During winters, have this mix only in the afternoon.
Home remedies for constipation in pregnancy
Pregnant women are also very susceptible to constipation. They constantly think about how to get rid of constipation. Flatulence, gas and acidity problems are also very common during pregnancy. The major cause of constipation during pregnancy is hormonal change. Increased iron supplements, decreased food and water intake also add to the problem of constipation.
Here are a few natural home remedies for constipation in pregnancy:
- Watermelon: Boil some watermelon seeds and make tea with this seed extract. Sipping watermelon seeds tea helps to relieve constipation.
- Exercise: Regular exercise can help to relive constipation. However, care should be taken to avoid any strenuous exercise and check with your healthcare provider whether exercise is safe for you or not.
- Coconut oil: One tablespoon of coconut oil before each meal can help to soften the stool and facilitate easy bowel movement.
- Yoga: Yoga can help a great deal in relieving constipation. Pregnant women are taught various postures that are helpful while giving birth. These postures are also helpful in constipation. Keeping the knees at an angle of 90 degrees helps to evacuate the bowels. Another pose that is really helpful is the wind relieving pose. This pose will not only help to relieve constipation, it is also helpful in passing gas.
- Pregnant women may feel the need to urinate very often. They should never avoid the urge. Use the washroom as often as required. When you sit on the toilet seat, just relax your pelvic muscles. This helps to empty the bladder more fully and also relieves constipation.
Home remedies for constipation in adults :
Before you think of finding answer to the question, “how to get rid of constipation? “. It is important to first find the reason behind constipation. Health disorders such as hypothyroidism, colon cancer, parkinson’s diseases, improper diet, irregular potty habits, and inadequate intake of water, stress and lack of physical exercise are some of the causes of constipation in adults.
Here are a few indian home remedies for constipation in adults:
- Amla powder – Just take a teaspoon of amla powder with water every day before going to bed. Being a natural laxative, it is really helpful in relieving constipation.
- Lemon juice – Take a glass of lukewarm water and add one teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt to it. Drink this every morning on an empty stomach. The cleansing properties of lime and the lubricating properties of salt will help to evacuate the bowels without pain.
- Flaxseeds – Make a fine powder by grinding some flaxseeds along with a few sesame seeds, 2-3 sunflower seeds and a few almonds. Take one tablespoon of this mixture everyday to get rid of constipation.
- Guavas - Consuming guava seeds can help to relieve constipation, since they contain very high fiber content.
- Ghee with milk – Take a glass of hot milk and add a spoon of ghee to it. Drink it every night before you go to bed. This is an age old home remedy or constipation.
- Methi seeds – Soak a few methi seeds overnight and drink this water in the morning. This is a very effective indian home remedy to relive constipation.
- You may be interested in reading – benefits of methi seeds.
- Isabgol (psyllium husk) – This is one of the best way to get rid of constipation instantly. If you have been suffering from constipation for more than a day or 2, isabgol is your answer. Just mix 1-2 tsp isabgol in a glass of warm milk and consume at bedtime for a week. This will not only relieve constipation but it will also help in regularizing your bowel movements.