Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Sharada JayramYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. Me and my boyfriend had intercourse last Sunday. He was not fully into me. But I did not bleed and I had much pain. I'm a virgin. I have pcod. It was just for 30 sec. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Please I'm worried.
If v shag in night n remove our sperm from our penis. If this is done around 7-8 tyms a month. Thn is it that in future while having sex wid my wife I'll nt get sperm in my body. Anf due to this I'll nt be able to become a father.
Hi sir this is rajesh 23 years old and last 2 months im suffering from gastric with this im getting stomach pain and feeling not comfortable. And one of doctor suggested to use 'dompan and agusta and clipa'and some other tablets along with some powder but no relation with this. Im getting pain every one hour and feeling not comfortable, no free motion and urine even im not able to eat anything kindly help me any tablets and injection. Thank you!
Sperm is not coming from my pennies. Only a watery substance is coming. It is colourless. But I am119 years old. Can I able to reproduce?
I am having dry cough more than 3 weeks now. It is not coming out also not able to be normal. Dry cough making me sick whole day couldn't able to concentrate on my schedules. Tried everything medicines, ginger tea, lemon ginger honey, pepper milk with turmeric, goggled hot water. In this hot weather also drinking only hot water Couldn't sleep also Forcefully trying to bring out the phlegm Omg really suffering Pathway also felt blocked.& couldn't able to travel also Disturbing others too by coughing continuously. Kindly advise needed remedy.
A 58 years female with h/o chronic abdominal pain past Parndial, suspect c/o mesenteric ischemia, CECT abdomen pelvis with angiography shows: 1) diffuse atherosclerosis changes in abdominal aorta. 2), well defined osteolytic tension with polka dot appearance in multiple lumber vertebral bodies (L2, L3 and L4) s/o hemangioma. Please suggest the treatment. BP 140/90 sugar-NIL Conditions: stomach pain after having food. And before having good feels too much nervous.
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to a child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrician and ask a free question.