Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. Sharad RajamaniYour feedback matters!
From recent months I am suffering with a problem. My legs are frequently and easily getting numbness and I am feeling burning sensation in the leg joints of my left leg my limbs are easily getting numbness and I have burning sensation in the feet also. Please tell the cause for this?
Is it good to drink water melon juice and musk melon shake in a day? Does water melon juice boost sexual health?
I have JUVENILE MYCLONIC EPILEPSY since 3 years. I came to know about it when I met a neurologist which had me an EEG test. There is no one in my family have this problem. Not even any neurological problem so far. I don't know where I got this disease. Doctor said the cause is unknown. Also I am physically weak. Is weakness might be a cause? I have also other problems such as memory loss, confusion and attention problem. Are these problems due to that disease? I just want to know what's cause of this.
My mother went to vellore. She was also well health, after 2 days my mother does not walk. She is a nuero patients. I want to know why this happens ?
Hi Doctor, My mom age is of 44, she have a nervous pain of past 15 years from backbone to left leg , what is the remedy and what kind of food she had to take ? Why it comes ?
I'm a 17 year old girl and I suffer from frequent mild headaches that stays for long. I feel giddy everyday when I lie down or sit down for a while and suddenly get up to some to go somewhere. I've been said that i've got migraine and I wear spectacles. What should I do?
Sir, I am 54 years old male. I can't control my hand during writing, shaving or taking tea. I feel uncomfortable in signing any letter or cheques. Kindly suggest me any suitable treatment.
What is the symptoms of migraine? And how to remove tension, due to this I am suffering from headache?
I am a 31 year old male, have headache from last 10 years please suggest what should I do. My CT scan, PNS x-ray, BP, blood Glucose etc are normal and I took treatment for sinus and migraine too in alopathic as well as homoeopathy but still the headache is there. I am unable to sleep at night because the pain is whole over the head. So please suggest me any treatment.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson’s disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.