Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shanthi SYour feedback matters!
I am 26 yes old, married, I have experienced some early pregnancy signs like amonnorhea From 2 months, nausea, fatigue, heart burn, And some symptoms But I have done home pregnancy test but it was negative pls suggest me wat To do?
Diabetes is a group of metabolic disorder in which the blood glucose level remains persistently high and requires lifelong medications, diet control and several other factors to maintain it in the normal level. Person having diabetes commonly end up with a serious complication called as ‘diabetic neuropathy’. It is also referred as peripheral neuropathy in which the peripheral nerves which are responsible for caring the impulse towards and away from the brain get affected. The symptoms may vary depending upon the type of nerve that gets affected but most commonly people may experience pain, numbness and tingling sensation over the arms and lower extremities.
The most important thing to be done in curing diabetic neuropathy is to maintain the blood sugar level to normal always with proper medication, diet and adequate physical exercises. Ayurveda uses few precious herbs to cure diabetic neuropathy, which are identified by our ancestors before many decades. Some of the herbs are:
- Ashwagandha which is also referred as Indian Ginseng is the best herb which has many medicinal effects and mainly used for ailing the disorders of nervous system. This herb acts on the nerves and also improves the strength and physical stamina. It also used for relieving the pain over the calf muscles, loss of weight because of diabetes, neuropathy, stress, frequent urination and nerve exhaustions.
- Manjishtha is an herb used in Ayurveda as a treatment for several diabetic complications. It treats not diabetic neuropathy, but also cures diabetic nephropathy and retinopathy. It acts as a best remedy for several chronic infections and inflammations. It has been noted that it has a calming effect on the nervous system thus it can also be used for the treatment of epilepsy.
Ayurvedic treatment for diabetic neuropathy
- Abhyangam, in which the whole body is massaged gently with the medicated oil to improve the circulation of blood, causes nerve stimulation effect and also relieves stress. They concentrate mainly on the foot (Padabhyanga) which is commonly affected in neuropathy.
- Sirodhara deep relaxation and revitalisation of the central nervous system which is found to get affected in neuropathy.
- Ksheeradhoomam, it is a process done for the problems of nervous system and other neck problems by applying special type of medicated steaming.
I'm 29 years old female. I'm suffering from pcod problem since last 2 yrs. I was on medication for a years and so than I stopped using them. Now again my menstrual cycle is distributed.. I want to conceive.. please help me what can I do. Should I start on medication or what? Or please suggest some good doctor in chennai near tambaram as I'm new to this place.
I am 28 year old female and I undergone fresh embryo transfer on 5th January 2016 and it failed and now again I want to under frozen embyro transfer. Dr. said frozen embyro is grade 2. What is the chance to get pregnant with this type of transfer.
Sir, my last period was on 24oct. I had unprotected sex on 2oct. After taking unwanted 72 in 64 hrs on 15th day ie. On 19oct bleeding occurred. Was it my periods or withdrawal bleeding? Now 9 days passed away from my actual period date but periods haven't came yet. I got home pregnancy test result negative on 3 days before. What should I do? Help me.
Hi I am newly married on jan 30 and her period was on 10 of last mont and this mont she dosent had her date on 10 but she had her date on 15 I want to know that is there any chances of pregnancy please explain in brief.
I did my home pregnancy test with the help of preganews kit. It shows me two pink lines, but one z fast pink and other line z dim pink. What does it indicate.
I have heavy pain in period time. Some time I take medicine it gives stomach pain. Regularly. What will I do?
If I sex with my wife without safety and ejaculate sperm outside the vagina is there any chance of getting her pregnant?
Drooling saliva is an involuntary dripping of saliva with reduction in the sensory awareness necessary for swallowing it. This increased flow of saliva is medically termed as sialorrhoea.
There are various reasons for saliva to drool out.
Increased saliva secretion
Non-closure / improper closure of lips
Down position of head
Lack of coordinated action of muscles of face – while eating, speaking, etc.
Lack of proper movement of tongue / jaw while eating, speaking, etc.
Difficulty in swallowing the saliva
Lack or delay in developing skills related with lifting / turning head, eating, speaking.
Homeopathic treatment – Homeopathy can support one to ease the situation with comfort, Homeopathy has splendid medicines to improve quality of saliva secretions. It can control excessive saliva secretion by recovering normal glandular functions,modify secretions and can streamline saliva by enhancing facial muscles tone, power and nerve stimulations.
Homeopathic medicines commonly used for drooling are Acid nit, Acid Aconite, Anti crud, Apis mel, Ars alb, Arum triphyllum, Baryta carb, Baryta iod, Baryta mur, Bryonia, Calc carb, Cocculus, Hepar sulph, Hyoscyamus, Lachesis, Merc sol, Nat mur, Onosmodium, Opium, Phosphorus, Phytolacco, Pulsastilla, Rhus tox, Sanicula, Silicea, Sulphur, Veratrum alb, etc.
Dr Rushali Angchekar
vaibhavi homoeo clinic
I had sex with my gf on 12th march and its a unprotected sex I am little bit sure that my sperms won't gone inside her vagina but I am confused so the thing I want to know that if in any case she got pregnant then how much do I still have time to stop this, she always have the menses at the end of every month so should I need to wait until she gets period.
I am a 20 year teenage girl. I have pain in my left breast regularly but never visited any doctor can you help me with the reason of pain.
Ladies, it is important that we must take good care of our body, but most of all we must pay specific attention to the health of our vagina. The vagina is a tube-like muscular structure of the female genital tract that extends from the cervix to the vulva. It is a delicate organ which is prone to injuries and infections. Complications related to urination, menstruation and sexual intercourse, all affect the vaginal health.
Here are five questions associated with vaginal problems that are commonly experienced, but rarely discussed:
- Why does it feel itchy before menstruation?: The hormonal cycle reduces the amount of estrogen secreted right before the period starts. This reduces the moisture content of the inner membranes of the vagina; the skin becomes thinner and slightly dry, which can cause itching. However, if the itching and burning sensation is too severe, it could be an infection and should be checked out.
- What is the white discharge?: The greasy white discharge is due to the ovulation cycle. It usually occurs once a month because the amount of secretion increases right before ovulation. Some women may experience this discharge more frequently, but it is nothing to worry about unless there is an unpleasant odor. Odorous discharge could be a sign of bacterial infection.
- How often should you have a vaginal examination?: You should get a vaginal examination at least once a year. This is important for a general health assessment and the prevention of sexually transmitted diseases. If you are using birth control medication, there might be irregularity in the hormonal cycles and this can lead to a number of conditions, another reason to get an annual vaginal examination.
- Does it smell differently at different times?: It usually smells differently for every woman and even that unique smell changes with the cycles of ovulation and menstruation due to changes in the pH level of the vagina. The normal vaginal pH value is between 3.8 and 4.6. Before menstruation, it may smell acidic followed by a bitter smell for a few days after menstruation. It may also smell differently after a workout (due to sweat) or after sex (due to lubrication). However, a foul smell accompanied by discharge, might be a cause for concern.
- Why does it feel dry sometimes?: Vaginal dryness is normally experienced by women after the age of 45 or after pregnancy. However, dryness is also common just before menstruation. It also happens in women who use anti-allergy medications or birth control pills because they cause dryness in all the mucous membranes of the body.
Hi Doctors, Actually my friend has been married since last two months. Even after daily sex his wife is not getting pregnant. What might be the reason? He says that his penis size is small about 3.5 inches after erection is this the reason? Even he says that his wife didn't bleed on the first night. So is he not performing sex correctly because of his small penis.
I have piles problem what should be suggestion that to take medicine or operation. Bleeding should continue for 1week n than stop an after certain period bleeding will start for a period how should I stop it. I am student I m effects alot to my life.
I am having sister and she is not having regular monthly. She is having tablets for it. But when she have it she is feel to sleep feel tired she is studying so she can't have tablets nd she is getting fat why is he she getting fat? Nd how can she have a regular monthly? Will she have kids if she don't have regular?.
Hi my grandmother. Has a problem regarding. Blood while urinating. Is this mean anything serious. She is 65 years old.
My wife had narrow vaginal opening. She had been operated for the same. The doctor said to use of tampons and diarator for two months before intercourse. We are married from past three years and never had proper intercourse. What are the necessary precautions for this time, we should take care about? and what is the time period we must avoid for the intercourse.
People consider Phobia as fear. In all the feelings, fear is playing the most place in our life from childhood to old age. The feeling of fear may disturb the entire life situations. Fear means at one or two situations only. When the situation is gone, then we get normal with the fear. Fear has reasons, but with Phobia there is no reason. Phobia means unknown and unexplainable and unable to convince others. But it suffers much more than normal fear. Phobias are like anthrophobia, thenatophobia, hydrophobia, nyctophobia,clustrophobia, pathophobia etc. Some body cannot recognize themselves as they have psychological disorder. Recently people have awareness on psychological aspects. Recently they come with the help of psychologist. It seems to be simple but sometimes it disturbs total life situations in a critical time moment. When we are not taking one decision in one movement of life. Sometimes, it may effect all the total life situations because of internal frustration and tension sometimes we loss some beautiful movements of our life. After realising some of the moments later in life, some times it cannot come back. So please come out of our internal unknown fears like phobia. There are some methods to come from this complex problem.
1. Psychological counselling
2. Relaxation method
4. Disensitization technique
.5. Family counselling
6. Life style management
7. Personality development
8. Music therapy