Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthiYour feedback matters!
I have 15 months son his weight is 10 kg he has vomit n loose stools what food should I give to him wat medicine shall I give ? Emeset syrup am giving to him for vomit please help me.
Hello doctors My 5 month baby suffered with fever 99.7 under arms without any stomach or chest infection. I have given him BABY GESIC syrup at 10.30 am today Request pls guide for further ailment for curing fever.
So you've decided to straighten your teeth and get a great smile that too naturally but the road to a brilliant smile comes with a guide map and here are some of the key stops.
1. Keep them clean
While braces are a great tool that work on natural teeth with no side effects, caring for braces is extremely essential in order to ensure that you don't end up with any post orthodontic dental work.
Braces be it metal or ceramic tend to accumulate food and in turn cause cavities or stains. A lot of people suffer from post braces unnecessary treatments only because they couldn't keep them clean.
2. Know what foods to avoid
Wherever you are in your braces journey remember when you started you were warned about a bunch of things you have to stop eating and drinking. That memory maybe fading away but the truth is the dietary restrictions need to be followed atleast to a certain extent if you want the braces off on schedule.
Foods like pizzas, sticky candies or biting into anything from your front teeth is a strict no as it'll cause the front braces to come off and besides interrupting the treatment you may also end up hurting yourself.
Sodas should be avoided as they cause the braces glue to dissolve and they come off your teeth earlier than we would want.
3. Bracket breaks
The system of braces is basically individual brackets that are placed on your teeth to move them and a wire that engages all these brackets together.
A common occurrence with braces is the brackets come off or break if you're not careful. When this happens it's like a derailing a machine everything comes to a standstill and its very important to get this fixed at the earliest for the treatment to continue efficiently.
Bracket breakage can be prevented by maintaining dietary precautions, efficient brushing and avoiding trauma to the face.
4. Be on the lookout for pain or blisters
Although less common now there's an occasional chance of slight pain or ulceration after braces are placed in the mouth for the first time. Our body is getting used to a large foreign object and it may react by rejecting the areas that hurt and forming an ulcer which may last a few days and settle.
The pain sensation of tightness and tooth movement can be eased with a mild anti inflammatory or pain killer on the first appointment if need be.
5. Don't miss appointments
Missing your regular dental appointment is bad enough but your orthodontic (braces) appointment is the most important day of the month for you. Skipping or missing this appointment disrupts the schedule of tooth movement and you may delay an already prolonged treatment procedure.
So if you want that brilliant smile be as soon as possible follow the steps above and you will breeze through your orthodontics treatment without a snag!
Hiii doctor I want to asked you that my baby is 6 months old. Nw what should I give him .should I give him mango too.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.
My new born baby of age 6 days have found bilirubin level as 11.5.Dr recommended photo therapy. My baby is under photo therapy treatment but some people are saying it's not recommended upto 8th day. Should I take out her from there?
Sir, my son is 5 years old. He urinates in bed every night. We are giving him Depsonil 25 mg before sleep since two months. He is still unable to wake up timely. Sometimes he does it twice a night. Kindly provide some help.
Dear doctor, My seven month baby is stooling green. Her weight is 6.5 kgs. But is she very active whole day. I wanna to know about weight gain for her.
Hello sir, My son 8 years old because of cough we went Dr. advice report in the reports wbctotal22.6 neutrophils 79 lymphocytes 13 why this high low what is reason for this from food climate please tell me.
My son he is 12 years old. The problem is about not growing his height and weight. He is too weak. Suggest me about his improvement.
My 17 month baby suffering from tooth decay. What I can do now. My doctor suggest that this is not permanent tooth so don't worry. Please suggest me.
My son is having nervous while going to school. He is unable take breakfast. From the past four days he is doing vomiting also while prepared to go to school. His age is 9 years. Normal times he is very active and plays very well. Kindly suggest.
Hi mam my baby is now 10 months old but still her teeth's are not come yet and from 2-3 days she having loose motions and vomiting can you please help me.
Dear sir, My daughter have 7 month old, have cough and cold, There for I consult a physician and taking treatment. But still my daughter is irritable. The whole body having normal temperature, but only head is hot always. What is this? Is this a sign of grow of teeth?
Meri Beti 3 and half month ki hai usko sardi hula hai but mere yaha garmi bahut jayada hai bina ac k nahi raha jata kya ac chalane se sardi par bad effect parega pls tell me baby ko kitni temperature me comfortable feel hota hai.
I have 4. 5yr old son is suffering with adhd. He was not cried at time of birth and blood circulation not maintained in mind at time of birth. His seating, walking is time to time about 1 and half yr he was walking regularly but body is very weak. Now his speech, understanding power, development quotion is delay. So please advise me for this child's development and how we handle his for his mind develop.
My daughter is 3 month old. Today she take her 3 month injection. After taking injection she is facing fever. What can we do?
Asthma is an inflammatory disease, which affects the airways of your lungs (respiratory tract that pumps oxygen into the lungs). It is long term in nature. It is characterized by shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. It occurs few times a day or few times a week depending on the person it affects. Sometimes it worsens during the night.
What triggers Asthma?
- Airborne particles such as dust mites, mold spores, pollen and cockroach waste.
- Infections in the respiratory system such as common cold.
- Cold air can also trigger asthma.
- Physical or outdoor activities which make you pant such as running, skipping, jogging and jumping can cause shortness of breath, thus triggering asthma.
- Pollutants and irritants in air such as smoke.
- Some medications can also trigger asthma.
- Stress and nervous attacks (panic attacks) also trigger asthma.
How to manage asthma better by changing your lifestyle:
- Try to avoid keeping animals in your house such as dogs, cats and rabbits. Many times animal fur, waste, urine and saliva contains particles which can cause allergic reactions and make you cough uncontrollably. This in turn triggers asthma attacks. If you have pets try keeping them away from your bedroom.
- Dust mites also cause allergies which trigger asthma. So wash your carpets, rugs, bed-linen and pillowcases in hot water.
- Bugs and insects such as cockroaches are not only unhygienic, but can also trigger asthma. Cockroach droppings near your bed, kitchen and food are dangerous and you should call an exterminator to get rid of these bugs.
- Sometimes, heavy fragrance also aggravates your respiratory tract and triggers shortness of breath. Avoid using heavy perfumes, deodorants and room fresheners.
- Pollution also triggers asthma. Dust particles come out from the vehicles and mix with the air. If this air is inhaled, it might trigger uncontrollable asthma. So try to cover your mouth with a cloth when you step out of your house.
Asthma can be very severe and can bring many hurdles in your day to day activities. Changing your lifestyle and certain habits can reduce asthma to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.