Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Has your child been coughing frequently? Is the cough chronic in nature, making your child breathe rapidly and does he/she complain about a tightened chest? These symptoms signify that your child is having asthma. Asthma is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. It is common in children and an affected child experiences difficulty in breathing, and a whizzing sound is produced, especially during expiration. Asthma may lead to severe health complications and needs immediate diagnosis and treatment.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of asthma is based on the symptoms, medical history and a physical examination of the child.
The different modes of asthma diagnosis are as follows:
- Medical history and symptoms: You must tell the doctor about any history of breathing trouble with your child or whether there are chances of other inherited health conditions. You must explain your child's symptoms properly, which may include coughing, wheezing, chest pain or tightness and others if observed.
- Physical examination: A physical exam will be carried out in your child where the doctor will listen to his heart and lungs, and look for eye or nose allergies.
- Medical tests: A chest X-ray of the child has to be carried out, along with a simple lung function test known as spirometry. This test measures the amount of air present in the lungs and determines how fast it can be exhaled. Spirometry enables a doctor to determine the severity of the asthma. Some other tests are also carried out for the identification of asthma triggers. They include allergy skin testing, blood tests and X-rays to know if sinus infections are affecting the asthma. An asthma test determines the amount of nitric oxide in your child's breath.
Treatment: Based on your child's severity of asthma symptoms and his medical history, the doctor will provide you with an action plan to treat the same. This action plan explains all the medications your child requires, the dosage and schedule of the medicines. The plan also includes points on what to do when the asthma worsens and when an emergency treatment is required. Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to children who require bronchodilator medication. All asthma medicines used by adults can be used in case of children but in lower dosages.
You should give the asthma medications to your child using a home nebulizer or a breathing machine. A nebulizer delivers asthma drugs by transforming them from liquid to a mist. The child gets the drug by breathing it via a face mask.
In order to control and manage asthma in children, they must avoid the triggers and should keep away from any source of smoke. A doctor must be consulted to know about the best diagnosis and treatment methods.
In medical terms it is also called as nocturnal enuresis. Bed wetting is involuntary urination in children while asleep.
It's more than twice as prevalent in boys as it is in girls and more likely if parents suffered from bed wetting when young. 44% of parents of children who wet the bed reported that their child had (lack of energy, reduced attention span, low-self esteem, depression).
Visit or search for ssohm on internet for more tips and information on various diseases.
My baby boy is now 12 month. Uska penis bahut short h. Main bahut worry hoon. Aage future me use koi problem to nhi hoga pls iska koi solution ho to bataye.
My baby is 3 and half months. He have cold and cough also from last three days .Dr gave maxtra drop and nasoclear but cold and and cough not cure. Is steam can give to baby for relief what should I do please suggest.
Dear sir, I am 25 years old mother. I am having 2 years old daughter, she is not ready to eat food like dal-bhat and chapati. She eats with her mood. For health we are normally soaking 2 almonds at hall night and in the morning we are pealing almonds with milk and boiling the same until almonds get mixed very well. Twice in a week we are doing this. But is this ohk in this summer weather? Because of hot weather should we need to stop or having no problem. Please let me know doctor.
My daughter is now 13 month old and still weighs 9 kg only. her appetite is also very poor does not likes spoon feeding at all her birth weight was 3.28 kg. please tell me what do I do?
My daughter is around 7 years but she always refuse food n fruits wht should I do to improve her diet.
What is ADHD?
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
1.Hyperactivity which includes -
- Fidgets often
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
2. Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
- Not being able to wait for their turn to come
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
1. Neurodevelopmental changes - Poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
2. Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately.