Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthiYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from ulcers. They are always troubling me, nd come back after 4 to 5 days. How can I remove them permanently?
I want to make my hair soft and silky, I tried many shampoos and conditioner but all time rough hair after one day. please tell me any natural remedy even I also tried egg, honey, banana etc. But they give one day effect.
Hello sir, my age is 35 years, mera questions hai mera hair jhadte hai bahut jyada skin dihkne laga hai bal bahut patla hai winter m dry ho jata hai summer m oily kya krun thanks. B.
Can I know during estimated ovulation time daily intercourse necessary. And kindly advised me on which thing I should take care for intercourse during ovulation period for conceiving the baby. Dietary as well as physically or medically.
Hi Some times when I rise early in the morning please lot of cough is gathered in my throat please what to do?
Hello doctor, I want to ask a question regarding freind that last week friend come to my house and we both intimate I just fingered in her vagina little harder nd from that day wheneverwe do phone sex dere is a kind of pain in her vagina can you pls tell me is dere any problem nd secondly can hymen broke with finger? How to chk dat hymen is nit broken.
Hello doctor, This is Karthick from chennai age 26. Am facing severe hair fall for the past 1 years and I could see that around 60 percentage of the hair density has been fallen. Please advise me that is there any possibility to regain the hair which has fallen if it so what all measures should I need to take .I was using Meera powder for that past two years and I could see no improvement on that, so after researching for a long time in online, I came to know that biotique shampoo for hair fall seems to be less chemical and harmful and protects well from hair fall so I bought the same using it for past two weeks but unfortunately I couldn't see any diff. Could you please advice me with some medicines, oil and shampoo for hair regrowth. Thanks in advance, Karthick.
Mushroom is a type of fungi that hails from the Agaricus family. It is estimated that there are close to 1,40,000 types of mushroom, out of which science has been able to classify only 100 odd mushrooms for health benefits. From cutting down cholesterols to preventing cancers, increasing the strength of the immune system to helping in weight loss, there are numerous health benefits of mushroom. This article will explore why mushrooms are regarded so highly by health practitioners across the globe:
- Cholesterol levels: Mushroom does not possess any fat or cholesterol. They are rich in lean protein, fiber, and some very important enzyme. The lean protein found in mushroom helps to burn down the LDL cholesterol. Furthermore, it creates a good balance of LDL and HDL cholesterol so that the body can refrain from stroke, atherosclerosis etc.
- Preventing cancer: Mushrooms are mighty effective in blocking certain cancer types such as the breast and prostate cancer. Owing to their high linoleic acid and beta-glucans, they act as a very good anti-carcinogen. While linoleic acid can successfully suppress the excess estrogen which leads to breast cancer in women, the beta glucans can suppress the growth of cancer cells in the case of a prostate cancer.
- Diabetes: Mushroom is an ideal food for a diabetic patient. They do not possess cholesterol, consists of low fat, have high protein and a lot of minerals and vitamins. Apart from this, mushrooms possess a lot of fiber and water. The most critical component, however, is the natural insulin that mushroom has within itself. They help to break down the starch found in food items. Mushrooms have certain components that help in the proper functioning of the liver, endocrine gland etc. It ensures that the proper balance of insulin is maintained in the body.
- Bone health: Mushroom is a very good source of calcium. They ensure that adequate strength of various bones is maintained in the body. Regular intake of mushroom can ensure safeguard an individual from conditions such as osteoporosis, joint pain, and immobility.
- Blood Pressure: Mushroom variety such as the maitake and the shitake has a high amount of potassium content. The latter can successfully relax the blood vessels thereby, reducing the blood pressure. Increased potassium content also helps in knowledge retention and an improved memory. High blood pressure, on the other hand, can cause severe damage such as strokes, heart attacks etc.
- Selenium content: Selenium component is mushroom is one of the key ways to receive selenium for a vegetarian. Selenium helps in strengthening the bone, nail, tooth and hair. Selenium is also considered to be a very powerful antioxidant that can successfully get rid of free radicals in the body and strengthen the immune system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
We all know about the heartbeat, which is produced by the opening and closing of the valves in the heart, which in turn controls our blood flow. There is a regular pattern to this beat, and when, due to various reasons, it becomes irregular, it is known as arrhythmia. Atrial fibrillation, known shortly as AFib, is one of the common types of arrhythmia.
Why AFib: The heart has an electrical impulse system, which controls the opening/closing of its valves. Due to various changes, be it lifestyle, dietary, or regular wear and tear, this electrical system is affected and so the valves do not function properly. This leads to altered rhythm, and when it happens on the right side of the heart, in the valves between the two atria, it is known as atrial fibrillation.
Signs and Symptoms: It is not something which shows up as soon as the onset happens. It is a gradual condition, and many people with AFib may go for months with no symptoms. There could be general symptoms like fatigue and headaches. Gradually, more symptoms like heart palpitations, shortness of breath, dizziness, occasional chest pain, or fainting set in. It is usually when workup for some other disease is being done.
Monitoring the pulse or heartbeat is one of the best ways to keep a check on the condition.
Types: There are different forms of it – paroxysmal, persistent, and permanent. In the first one, there are brief bursts of AFib lasting less than 7 days. With gradual progression, symptoms are more frequent and last longer, converting into persistent AFib, which lasts longer than 7 days. If the condition is longstanding and the doctor (as well as the patient) have decided not to treat it, it is permanent AFib.
Living with AFib: It is a longstanding condition, and the following precautions are necessary, which are generally heart-healthy.
Quit Smoking: In addition to the multiple benefits of quitting, managing AFib is one.
Work It Out: Get into an exercise regimen. Discuss with your doctor to identify and agree on the type and level of exercise. This helps manage weight and stress, both essential for controlling AFib.
Manage Alcohol Consumption: Avoid excess consumption of alcoholic beverages. Avoid them completely if they trigger symptoms.
If you have the risk factors for AFib, implementing these changes earlier than the onset of symptoms can help delay progress and reduce severity of the symptoms. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!