Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shanthala SYour feedback matters!
Am married last 3 months back. So my problem is I have a pcod poblem so want to get my pregnancy so is their any tablet to get pregnant. My mother in law and husband irritating me. And talking always about the children's. I get so frustration. And I will be upset please help me any doctor.
Happy birthday to all. Bcoz you going to start a new life from tomorrow
Diet and workout is a key to success.
Eat frequent meals
Avoid junk food
Drink 3-5lts of water a day
Switch to healthy snacks like nuts, dry fruits etc
Tried to start your day with lime and honey 1tsp with water in empty stomach
Breakfast focus on carbs and healthy fats. Eg oats n almonds with a glass of milk, can add egg for protein
Before lunch drink juice any or a apple
Focus on sandwich with fruit for lunch. If possible prepare at home
Snacks eat healthy mentioned above.
Finally dinner. Tried to eat less food and 1st glass of milk n alot of water. So your stomach fill.
Workout. Cardio is best with little weight training.
Regular diet n workout if your willing to see result.
Nothing comes in a night. Wait wait wait.
Not able to eat properly. Even if I eat less I feel full all the times. Not able to walk. Getting respiratory problem. Fatigue. Pain in muscles and legs.
After pregnancy I have heavy bleeding and spotting after 40 days. In ultrasound advise by my doctor there is multiple polycystin every my LH FSH TSH are normal then why polycysts made. I also breastfeeding my baby. My age is 40 please help me.
Hi im planning to baby past 1.5 year even though im not getting. My periods coming every 23,24 and 25 days. Is this effect on getting baby.
I am pregnant with 30 weeks now. My lmp was 8 nov 2015. I am o - and m husband is o. This is my first pregnancy and I have done ict on 23 may it came negative result. I visited rml hospital there they did not advice for taking rho gam shot now. They said after delivery your baby will be tested then if she is o then you will given rho gam shot. But on net I read it is given after 28 weeks and also after delivery. So I am confuse to go for rml doc advise by not taking shot before delivery. please advise what to do.
Mai Amway nutrilite k supplements le rahi hu. Pregnancy me aur delivery k bad bhi le rahi hu. Par muje usake side effects kuch nahi huge. Ulta accha result mila. Par aaj ek friend ne jaha k unka ek friend Amway nutrilite protein ki vajah se mar gaya. To kya sahi me ye sach hogs kya. Protein se koi mar sakata hai. Please answer me. Thanks in advance.
Hi. I am in 20 days after c-section delivery. Can I take normal diet now. Please advise if I need to avoid any foods. Than you.
I had an unprotected sex yesterday. I took unwanted 72 after an hour. I again had unprotected sex today, will the tablet taken yesterday be effective today as well? Or are there chances of pregnancy?
Me and my boy friend were together today. I touched his genitals. And then few moments later I touched Myself. He did not ejaculate. I am not sure even if he pre ejaculated. My period is due on 24-25th of this month. Can I be pregnant if I touched My genitals with the same hand.
Acupressure is a traditional Chinese healing treatment modality which works on the principle that the human body carries a dense network of energy pathways. When these get blocked, the smooth flow of energy too is disturbed resulting in various diseases.
The Chinese identified points along these pathways which if stimulated, could re-balance the whole energy system and help in countering disease. This, in short, is the basic guideline of Acupressure.
Since energy pathways include some running at the accessible range of a needle, acupuncture, a form of acupressure uses needles, as fine as human hair, inserted in different acupuncture points on the hands and feet of the patient to normalise the energy flow. Acupressure also works on these pressure points but without the needles. The basic guideline of both acupressure and acupuncture is the same, and just the methodology differs. In acupressure, a practitioner uses fingers, seeds, blunt instruments and other objects to put pressure on the acupuncture points to normalise energy flow.
How is acupressure treatment given?
- Each point is on a meridian that is connected to a particular important organ of your body. So a sore point on your kidney meridian may indicate a problem with your kidneys.
- The practitioner listens to your case history and then starts treatment by pressing points on your hands and feet. He puts sustained pressure on each point while taking feedback from you about the soreness of a particular point. A sore point indicates a problem in blood circulation and stuck energy.
- It is how an acupressurist diagnoses and then cures a particular health problem.
- Acupressure can also be practised by you yourself by pressing points on your body. You need to be trained to do this, however.
- After putting pressure on points for anywhere between 30 minutes to one hour, the acupressurist usually attaches a tiny magnet to the point with tape for 24 hours.
- Anyone can go for acupressure treatment
- It has proven to be extremely efficacious in treating infertility, liver problems, pain, stress etc.
- It takes several sessions to cure a disease.
- While some practitioners merely treat local symptoms, genuinely trained acupuncturists practice their art as a comprehensive system of holistic medicine which heals the body, mind and the spirit.
There are no side effects of acupressure if precautions like the following are taken-
- Pregnant women should take care not to go in for acupressure treatments.
- Patients with life-threatening diseases like stroke or heart disease should consult their doctor before using acupressure or other alternative therapies.
- Acupressure does not cure bacterial infections so acupressure is contra-indicated for UTIs for example.
- Acupressure is also not a treatment for cancer, contagious skin diseases, or sexually transmitted diseases but can help alleviate symptoms.
After an acupressure session, take care to protect yourself from cold as your body heat is lowered. So, keep warm when you finish an acupressure routine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.