Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shanthala SYour feedback matters!
To avoid pcod effects in life is there any medicine which can stop side effects of pcod? I am having joint pain also now a days despite exercise. Pl.tell me some medicine. Thnx.
Hello doctor. My girlfriend just got her medical abortion done. It has been 4 days since she took her mifepristone tablet. And 12 hours later she took misoprostol tablets. She completed the course. Got heavy bleeding with clots. And the bleeding reduced the next day. She felt absolutely fine after 2 days even though there was minimal bleeding. But today her bleeding increased again (not as heavy as the first day) considerably. Should I give her METHERGIN ? .i have tried to take her to a gynec but she is will not allow me .please help me.
Hi, I am 20 years old female taking krimson 35 (cyproterone acetate and ethiny estradiol tabs) for treating my hirsutism. I am on my 16th day cycle. I have been getting light brown vaginal discharge for past 3 days and dark brown clots for a day. I am really panicked help me.
Bleeding during twin pregnancy in 18 th week in regular basis but small in quantity, 4-5 times/day, what is the remedy?
I had unprotected sex on 8th aug! I took ipill within 2hrs! My period date last month was 23 aug! I usually get periods 4-5 days before. So my expected date ws 16th sep. I took pregnancy test today evening and it ws negative. Still I am not bleeding! Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Hi, I am 31 years old and expecting to be pregnant for first baby. I did follicular study and on a) 14th day of my periods scan doctor told that there is one follicle in the right ovary measuring 1.8*1.8, left it is 2.3*2.3 and both the follicles are in the stage of rupturing. My lining was 10.5. B) Me and my husband had intercourse on 14, 15, 16th days. C) On 17th day I took scan again and both the follicles are ruptured and lining is 14. D) On my 18th day I felt dizzy and nausea. E) on 19th day I was suffering from lower abdominal pain and dizziness. F) One of the neighbor who is a practitioner (not a gynaec) told me to check for beta hcg on 20th day itself since I had abdominal pain on that day and I took hcg. The result was 1.2. I think it was too early to detect pregnancy. G) Today is my 22nd day and from morning I am getting a white discharge total wetting feeling but when I checked it was creamy and feeling urinating frequently. Kindly advise the chances of pregnancy and when should I test.
I and my bf participated in sex with out protection on 2nd march my actual date is 15th March any chance to get pregnancy.
Meri 2 years ki beti hai aur meine cesearean ke jariye beti ko janam diya. Aur ucd lagwaya. Aur abhi mere husband dusra bacha cahate hai. Tho kya cesearean ke baad aab pregnant hona thik hai. Meri periods ka bhi dates badal gaya.
Pregnancy can be a tricky time for most women, although it is not a pathological condition. One must be prepared for pregnancy with the best of health in the pre pregnancy period. This also includes women who are suffering from diabetes. The complications during pregnancy and delivery increase manifold if one has not controlled the glucose and blood sugar levels before getting pregnant. So read on to know more about coping with pregnancy if you happen to have diabetes.
Complications: Pregnancy with diabetes can cause severe complications if the blood sugar levels are not controlled properly before pregnancy. This can cause the diabetes to become even worse in the long run, with the onset of various other related ailments like kidney disease, heart disease, eye problems and more. It can also increase the risk of premature delivery, and too much birth weight of the baby as well as low glucose levels right after the baby’s birth. Further, one can also lose the baby to a miscarriage due to excessively high blood sugar levels. This can also affect the glucose and blood sugar level of the baby as the glucose passes through the body.
Related conditions: If you happen to have high blood sugar levels, then you and your baby can get affected in an adverse way. To begin with, you may come down with severe depression regarding how you will be able to manage your diabetes and pregnancy together, and also due to the implications of the condition after the birth of the baby. It can also cause a condition called Preeclampsia in which the pregnant woman’s blood pressure becomes high and too much protein starts to pass from the urine, which can also result in frequent urination and life threatening defects and problems for you and the baby. In such cases, you will have to be hospitalised and the baby will need to be delivered via a C section or a Caesarean Section.
Planning ahead: If you know that you are trying to conceive, the best way is to be fully prepared well in advance. This includes planning ahead for managing the blood sugar levels and keeping the risk of other ailments at bay. You can start by losing excessive weight and seek treatment to bring down the blood sugar levels. Exercising and watching your diet are also some good ways to ensure that your Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes is in control.
Medical Team: It is pertinent to be in touch with your medical team on a constant basis. This team should include the obstetrician and gynaecologist as well as your regular doctor to whom you can report any changes.
Keep health close to your heart when you are pregnant by taking care of all existing ailments.
My sister is pregnant 8 months. In the morning when she wakes up she feels sprain in her thigh muscles. How can we get the better of this problem?
I am diagnosed PCOS and my periods are not irregular it comes on the same date of 20-25 each month but amount is minimal but stays for 3 days. As it is like spotting I don't need sanitary napkin as well. I had sex on 19 th and my period comes on 27 in January. But in February and march it comes on 20. I don't think I am pregnant but can you tell the reason?
In vitro fertilisation, commonly known as IVF, is the process of fertilising single or multiple eggs outside the body. This treatment can be performed by either using your own egg and sperm or using donated egg or sperm or sometimes both. The resulting sperms and eggs are evaluated for quality and then one or more of them are positioned properly in the uterus through the cervix. IVF is regarded as one of the most commonly opted treatment plans, and it accounts for more than 99% of assisted reproductive technology processes.
Who are suitable for IVF?
IVF can be helpful for you in case you have some issues with the egg quality or ovulation, fallopian tubes that are blocked in some way or endometriosis. It can also help you get pregnant if your partner has problems with mortality and reduced sperm count and when you have opted for donor eggs. About 1.5% of babies in the United States are conceived through the IVF process.
How does IVF work?
There are several steps through which IVF process works and the timeline follows the following steps:
- Stimulation for ovary: You will have to take a special kind of fertility drug for 8 to 14 days near the start of your menstruation cycle. This drug aids in the stimulation of your ovaries for developing multiple mature eggs to fertilise instead of a single one. You may also need to take an artificial hormone-like cetrofelix and leuprolide for keeping your body from releasing eggs very early.
- Development of follicle: When you are under all these medications, you will have to visit your doctor’s office often for checking the hormone levels as well as ultrasound measurements for the ovaries.
- Getting the trigger shot: Once the follicles are ready, you are likely to receive a trigger shot, which is an injection causing the eggs for maturing fully and becoming capable of being fertilised. Your eggs are ready for being retrieved after about 36 hours of receiving this shot.
- Gathering the eggs: At this stage, you are likely to receive an aesthetic or ultrasound probe that is inserted through the vagina for checking the ovaries and identifying the follicles. Normally, about 8 to 15 eggs are retrieved through the insertion of a thin needle.
- Fertlisation: This is the most vital step, where an embryologist is going to examine the eggs before they are combined with the sperm and incubated overnight. Fertilisation happens at this particular time, but abnormal eggs are not fertilised.
Then the embryos slowly develop and are planted on the basis of your age and clinical condition. When the treatment is working, an embryo is implanted in the uterine walls and starts developing.
If you wish to discuss any other problem, Consult IVF Specialist.
My periods are late. I want to come them because I do not want to get pregnant now. Any home remedies for this.
Nausea and vomiting can cause weight loss during the first trimester of pregnancy but there is nothing to worry about it.
I had ectopic pregnancy operation on 11 april 2017. I am scared about that if I convieve will I get it again. My right tube is partial operated with leprotomy. I consulted one gynae she told me you had medical history before of tuberculosis may be this the reason to have ectopic pregnancy. So she suggested me to do hsg test done. After my operation I never had sex with my husband till now. I am newly married in february 2017. Please suggest me what should I do. I am very scared. Is hsg very pain full. And as I had operation in april is it save to do this test now.
I have sex with my wife before and after period and given her 2 pills to control her birth now se has not having period as schedule still 6 delay can you help me pls.
Neuropathy, popularly called us peripheral neuropathy, is a condition where the nerves that are responsible for carrying information from spinal cord to brain is damaged. It is always good to consult your Ayurvedic doctor to treat neuropathy. The affected patients are treated naturally with Bhumyamalaki Chura 3g on a dosage of two times per day. It is always good to go by
Peripheral neuropathy condition results in numbness and pain in feet and hands. The usual symptoms of the disease include infections, metabolic disorders, exposure to toxins and injuries. Sometimes tingling or pain of toes, legs, feet, arms, hand, fingers etc. may happen.
In spite of reducing the body’s toxicity, it is very important to identify the root cause for the disease. Here the essential cause for the disease includes viruses, inflammation and oxidation.
- Intake of 600 mg lipoic acid per day would reduce the symptoms of peripheral neuropathy. In case of diabetes patients, it is good to monitor the blood glucose level, as the intake of lipoic acid on a regular basis might reduce blood glucose level.
- Another effective medicine to control the symptom of Peripheral neuropathy is CoQ10. This is very good at treating heart and brain.
- Omega-3 fatty acid is also good at treating this disease. Salmon fish and flax seeds acids are the natural source of fatty acids that helps in reducing the inflammation I the body.
- An herb known as St.John’s wort is good at treating all types of nerve injuries, especially to the toes and fingers. It helps in reducing the burning and shooting pain. The herb is very powerful in treating mild depression and is anti-viral herb.
- The numbness and weakness in the limb can be cured by the regular usage of oat seed. It is an herb that is rich in minerals. It is a safe natural medicine free from any side effect.
- Another herb called passion flower is useful in curing from agitation, spasms, muscle twitching and restlessness.
- Nettle and Ginko Bilba are other useful herbs that help in treating peripheral neuropathy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.