Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthaYour feedback matters!
Hi sir! I am 17 year old I forget things many times anywhere please tell me why this happen with me. And how can I build up my memory power strong.
I am in love with a boy. We are together since 5 year. I informed my parents about this boy that I love this boy and I wanted to marry him. My parents are not happy with this relationship. I thing is they have received one letter in that someone unknown person has written he is not a good guy. Please keep your girl stay away from him. But in 5 year of relationship I didn't find out anything negative about him. He is too honest. One more thing I want to share is he has drunk 2/3 times and said bad words to me and shouted at me. I forgot it because I know its his love nothing else. The thing is I had a past. And I just move on and I share everything to him that I was in relationship. I didn't hide anything to him.because I truly love him and I want to spend my whole life with him. About 7 month before I appeared for an interview in my ex office where his office. I never mix my professional life and personal life. But I didn't inform my bf about this I thought he gets angry on me and wouldn't allow me for an interview and it is such a good company so I don't want to loss chance. I told him that I am going for an interview in this company and he always sees my ex updates so he find out that I am going in same company where he is working. I even informed this in my home that I am going for an interview where my ex is working because I have no bad feeling for him. But after thinking a lot although I am selected I said know because I don't want my relationship mess up. On that day in night he called me and ask what you r hiding with me? I said everything and he said bad words to me. Said that there is no difference between you and character less girl. Again I forgot and say sorry to him. Now thing is I forgot everything and I want to marry him. I am trying to convince my parents. because I know I am not with him that is why he is upset once I will with him he will not do such a thing. But after trying 3/4 times my parents are not happy and he is asking for court marriage which I don't want because I don't want to hurt my parents. I am trying to convince my parents but I am not able to convince them so he is not talking with me properly. I am too much in depression. I can't tell this to anyone. Please let me know what should I do. Please.
I get bored of routine things in life like doing same job, routine atmosphere routine life of people, routine chat with friends and girlfriend. What to do? What kind of changes should I make, how to identify my self?
I get panic quickly even for small situations. My heart beats fast. Blood pressure increases. Feel pain in legs. Why is that? How to overcome?
I am having some concentration problem. I can not focus on the Whiteboard as whenever I try to look straight I can sense that I can see sideways. The person sitting feels distracted or I feel some guilty. Hence I do not look but try to act in front Of Teacher that I am engrossed by looking at notebook and I only listen to teacher. During that engrossing moments every Second passes very long And I can always hear the sounds of feet moving and feels all the more restless and anxious and Try hard to hide the blushing which ultimately I can not .I can not move even a finger As I might think it will distract neighbouring students. This is a regular phenomena and maybe due to repetitive Anxiety I feel Depressed. Also I can not look at a person .My eyesight blurred as when I look at person face I do not know but somehow my blurred eyesight looks both straight and down. AS a result I fear having conversations With people Thinking that ultimately I will offend them. There is always huge anxiety when I am in presence of people. The same thing happens while driving .Please help What should I do?
I am unable to concentrate on studies. I am always getting disturbed by some foolish and unuseful thoughts. What should I do to concentrate on studies?
I am 31years old woman I am suffering from planter fascia tremendous pain down at heal tend how it can be treated apart from intake of medicine. please advice.
I am really depressed due to UNIVERSITY exam pressure and assignments and am not. Able to enjoy my life please give me suggestions to improve my life style and live a Normal life.
I was depressed for 1 year then I took medicine for almost 3 year under doctor prescription so how long I have to take the medicine because now I completely feel ok.
Hi, I don't know if I have an anxiety disorder. I feel stressed and have some kind of inferiority complex about myself. I worry a lot for no reason, I sometimes don't step out of the house for days together. I feel really conscious and nervous when i'm outside. I also sometimes feel unwanted.
Life has its ups and downs, but often we hold on to the downs for much longer than the actual event. While the trigger or anger, pain and hurt are beyond our control, the amount it can affect us is well within reach. Here are a few ways to cope better with emotional upsets.
- Give yourself a window to be upset: Be realistic and give yourself a time frame to give in to your emotions. Whether, angry, sad or frustrated tell yourself that you have only 1 day to be upset. In a way, this will diffuse the anger, frustration and once this time is over, you can start planning ahead.
- Take responsibility: Try analysing what you may have done to make the other person react in the way he or she did. Focus on what you could have done better and you will find yourself feeling more empowered.
- Get physical: Exercise and other forms of physical activity decrease stress hormones and increases the productions of endorphins or happy hormones that elevate the mind. Exercising also gives you time to focus on yourself without distractions.
- Express yourself: Whether it’s through art or writing, find an outlet for your emotions. This keeps it from being bottled up inside and gets the pain and frustration out of your system.
- Breathe: Breathing techniques like ujayii and anulom vilom can help calm the mind down when it is troubled and upset. These breathing techniques also keep your emotions from escalating.
- Get company: It is never a good idea to isolate yourself when you’re feeling blue. Instead, find people who you can open up to and share your thoughts with. This will give you a fresh perspective on what is going on.
- Look at both sides: No event is ever completely bad. No matter what may be troubling you look at both the good and bad sides of it. This can help minimise your loss and make it easier to let go of the problem.
- Do something different: The best way to get your mind off something is to give it something else to focus on. If you’re troubled by something that happened at work, go for a drive or play a sport. Similarly, if you’re having relationship trouble, go out with a few friends or read a book to take your mind off it.
- Visualize: Imagine the person or the event that is upsetting you as an object in your mind and visualise it melting away. Remind yourself that the anger or frustration you are feeling is worse than the person or event itself.
- Clean up: Organise your desk, your room or start cleaning up space around you. This will take attention away from whatever is troubling you and give you something to do. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.