Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shantha
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthaYour feedback matters!
IT was before 4 years that my mother took me to a psychiatrist for a consultation since I was slow and he recommended me for a "architol" injection, the medicine reacted in the night, my heart beat went up and my whole body paralyzed the next morning, it stayed till the next night Then we saw a doctor the next day who gave me "pacitane" and my body became normal. Now after 4 years I sometimes get panic attacks and unable to do concentrate without sleep, have nervousness, Unable to bear a extreme hot weather. Visited a psychiatrist once again and he had done all tests post which he said I have anxiety, has recommended "Tolaz 10 md" which is helping only a little This is a issue where not even my friends, wife or relatives are unable to understand as I'm looking and doing this fine, but unable to focus at work, not feeling appetite, sometimes unable to eat food also due to GERD. I have not been having a job for sometime now. Can I take shock therapy.
Hello everybody. I am Dr Ashish Kumar mittaal. I am MD psychiatrist and I am practising in Gurgaon
Today we are here to know the management of stress and anxiety and its treatment.
The first question is what is stress?
Stress is that how our body and mind reacts to the life situations. So it may be Eustress or Distress.
Sometimes it helps us to move forward in our life. For example, during exams, we develop stress but due to that stress, our attention, concentration increases and we are able to finish things fast, we can learn fast and we can perform well. So this kind of positive stress is called Eustress.
But when the stress level increases, suppose, you have a capability of 10 and you have given work of 13 magnitudes, then your performance will go down and you will not be able to work or concentrate properly. So, this excessive stress is called Distress.
We can do something with our lifestyle to help reduce stress.
- Switch off television and the internet at least one hour before sleep so that your mind is at rest before sleep.
- Don’t use excessive caffeine. Caffeine is there in tea, coffee, cold drinks and chocolates.
- Do not take more than two cup of tea. If you are taking more cups of tea there will be more anxiety, lack of sleep which will further increase your anxiety.
- In student we see such a thing. In exam they remain awake, take excessive caffeine in the form of tea and coffee develop excessive anxiety which reduces their concentration and disturb their sleep. So we need to watch it over.
- We need to take some exercises like cardiac exercises in reducing stress and anxiety, some yoga technique we can follow.
- Fix your meal timings and engage in some sports activities.
- Many people think ayurvedic and homoeopathic treatment bring a cure. So I am not denying their role in managing these things but if you are not getting benefit then switch to allopathic treatment. There is no harm in that and it brings great relief within one or two months. We have many patients who have improved like anything.
The third barrier in the treatment is stigma. People think if we are going to the psychiatrist for treatment we are mad. Actually you are not. The person who develops stress and anxiety problems actually are smarter than other person and that is why they have developed anxiety problem, that is why they are worrying and anticipating more. Whenever you will go to the treatment you will see with good doctors huge number of persons are coming for treatment. So you can rely you are not alone. Others too are seeking treatment. But what happens is nobody tells each other that we are seeking treatment. Don’t worry about stigma. Worry about your health and seek the treatment. Treatment is easily available. If you will search you will get good doctors nearby.
If you want to consult me you can consult me through lybrate.