Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Shankaranarayana K.gYour feedback matters!
Sir my knee was injured I use medicine but could not useful. I can sleep but pain how can I doo. Please help.
My age is 75 yrs with severe pain in back, has undergone hip bone surgery, osteoporiasis patient, chronic diabetic patient, suffering from bone & nerve pain. Please advise.
Mera dono pair(feet) jb mai jyada dare khari rehti hu ya paani ka kaam krti hu ya latka kr rakhti hu to pura sujan aa jaata hai phr araam krti hu to phr thik ho jaata hai 2 -3 years se presan hu bhut med v khayi but koi faida nhi thyroid v nhi hai sugar v nhi mai unmarried hu bhut problem face krna prta hai please help.
Hi I am 27 year old. I have so much pain in my backache I am used volini spray for this but after that I am feel any relief yet. Kindly give me some solution.
Hi I am 31 years old and suffering from both knees pain since last two yrs while long standing and normal chair settii have done x. Rays and it shows tibial spiking. Is it early osteoarthritis symptom. Tell me
Sir, my grand mother aged 55 years has pain in right leg full. And when she walks she did not walk properly. What is reason sir and solution.
Dear sir My problem in my full body. My full body pain in evening time everyday when I do work. please tell me solution. Thanks.
Hello. I am 55 years old and suffering from acute stiffness in joints all over the body. This increases during the evening time and pain occurs in joints whether it in elbow or foot and swelling even occurs. Please if possible guide.
Knee pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the knee joint caused by injury or overuse. The knee joint consists of small bone structures, the kneecap, supporting ligaments and cartilage of the knee. This joint bears the full weight of the body, which makes it very vulnerable to injury.
Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is usually caused by injuries to the knee such as exposure to a direct force on the knee, abnormal twisting of the knee or falling on your knees. Some causes of knee pain are -
- Knee strains and sprains - Overworking the knee joints can damage the tissues of the knee joint resulting in knee sprains and strains
- Osteoarthritis - it is condition where the protective cartilage around the kneecap is damaged, resulting in knee pain
- Bursitis - Excessive movement of the knee or kneeling down for extended periods can irritate the bursa (a fluid sac below the skin above the knee joint) that causes swelling and pain, thereby giving rise to this condition
- Gout - This condition is characterized by the accumulation of uric acid in crystal form around the knee joint, causing inflammation and pain
- Tendon disorders - Tendons connect the muscles to the bones, and overworking the knee can cause the tendons around the knee to become sore and painful
- Kneecap dislocation - Injuries may cause the kneecap to shift out of its position, this causes swelling and pain in the knee joint
Symptoms of knee pain
Severe knee pain can restrict movements such as walking or standing. The symptoms vary according to the extent of the damage suffered by the knee. Most common symptoms of knee pain are problems in climbing stairs, inability to extend the knees, limping and swelling of the knee joint. In some cases, knee pain may also cause fever.
Related Tip: Three Ways to Protect Your Knees?