Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar VYour feedback matters!
I have the problem with synasis due to that feeling headache daily I used tablets also parallel but still no use.
What is the best way to conceive Is doing regular sex during fertile periods leads to low quantity of sperms Does this affect in conception.
I have problem in my stomach. There's so many times when I feel pain in left side of stomach. What can I do to get relief.
I am 50. Male. Have a cough which doesn't seem to stop quickly. My stomach aches when I cough. I am also a smoker. What should I do.
What the symptoms of dengue? I feel sleepy and tired always body pain and feverish at night sometimes feel very cold and cough is also there. Appetite isn't going well.
Today when I come from walking I check blood sugar its 112 after take 1 cup tea I checked then its 103 I have a blood sugar or not.
The most common ear infections happen because of bacterial or viral growth in the middle ear, the part which lies just behind the ear drum. Middle-ear infections can be very painful and children are most commonly reported in children. Most of these infections are caused by the blockage of the Eustachian tube, which connects the ear and the throat, causing the build-up of fluids and swelling. Here is a guide to the most common forms of ear infections and their symptoms, ranging from the acute to the chronic.
Acute infections have intense symptoms but can be cured with time and treatment. They generally last for shorter durations.
In Chronic cases of infections, the patient complains of recurrent symptoms multiple times. Chronic ear infections have the potential of causing permanent damage to the ear.
Symptoms reported by most patients with Ear infections:
1. Pain in the ear (Mild to severe): This is caused due to increased pressure owing to the blockage of the Eustachian tube. Collection of fluid inside the ear would increase the intensity of pain in most cases. Children will keep tugging at their ear and most likely be cranky.
2. Redness and swelling: Both of these are inevitable accompanying symptoms in case of any infection in the body.
3. Oozing of the fluids: The blockage leads to the fluid being released from the ear which can be watery, thick yellow or mixed with blood depending on the severity and type of infection.
5. Difficulty in sleeping.
6. In some cases when the infection spreads, difficulty in balancing the body is experienced as body balance is maintained by ears.
7. The patient might also experience increased irritability.
8. Ear infections can also cause a hearing problem if the condition continues to go untreated.
Ear infections should be promptly dealt with to prevent long-term damages. So here is what should be done when you have ear pain symptoms.
1. Consult an ENT who will prescribe pain medication as the first line of treatment.
2. After the necessary tests are done, antibiotics are prescribed in most cases by the doctor. Other medications for palliative treatment (to ease the symptoms) are administered. However in a few rare cases, the infection might be because of non-bacterial causes in which antibiotics might not cure the state.
3. In case the problem keeps recurring, one must visit the doctor again and get further tests and treatment done.
As prevention is always better than cure, care should be taken to avoid all chances of carrying the infection to your ear. Maintain cleanliness in and around, especially in the case of children.
For further queries; we'd be happy to help!
Sir, Meri age 31 hai or mere pet me problem chal rahi hai, Gas or hva ke gubaare se uthte rahte h, Jisse mujhe chest me or sir me bhi dikkat mahsoos hoti h. Kripya koi upaye btayen.
Mera penis rat me apne aap tnaav me anata h na koi spne aate na kuch or daily rat penis khda ho jata h mornig subah2 chip chipa nikl jata h jane kya h ye mere sath 1 year se ho rha h koi doctr bolta h normal h koi bolta h ye khao koi vo khao kya koi aesa doctr na jo sahi advise de ske. Jis se meri ye aaft se picha chhute me presan hu kafo daily iske na thkavat h bt race kru morning me to jldi sans fulne lgti hai. Spna tha fouji ban ne ka pta na ye jane kya aaft lg gyi jo me apni teyari na kr pa rha subah race kru to jldi sans fulti h rat me 3 4 bar toilet ajta hai. Hlp virya gada krne ka koi upay bta do ya jis se ye thik ho vo.
My mom will be going for an laser operation for kidney stone. She is having 2 stones, one in each kidney, 1 of 13 mm and other of 14, My question is will laser operation remove stones from the root ?
High Blood Pressure : Blood pressure is the force of blood pushing against the walls of the arteries as the heart pumps blood. If this pressure rises and stays high over time, it can damage the body in many ways.
Stroke : An area of plaque can rupture, causing a blood clot to form. If the clot is close to your brain, it can block the flow of blood and oxygen to your brain and cause a stroke. The risk of having a stroke rises as BMI increases.
Type 2 Diabetes
Diabetes is a disease in which the body's blood glucose, or blood sugar, level is too high. In type 2 diabetes, the body's cells don't use insulin properly. At first, the body reacts by making more insulin. Over time, however, the body can't make enough insulin to control its blood sugar level. Diabetes is a leading cause of early death, CHD, stroke, kidney disease, and blindness. Most people who have type 2 diabetes are overweight.
Abnormal Blood Fats : If you're overweight or obese, you're at increased risk of having abnormal levels of blood fats. These include high levels of triglycerides and LDL ("bad") cholesterol and low levels of HDL ("good") cholesterol. Abnormal levels of these blood fats are a risk factor for CHD.
Metabolic Syndrome : A diagnosis of metabolic syndrome is made if you have at least three of the following risk factors:
• A large waistline. This is called abdominal obesity or "having an apple shape." Having extra fat in the waist area is a greater risk factor for CHD than having extra fat in other parts of the body, such as on the hips.
• A higher than normal triglyceride level (or you're on medicine to treat high triglycerides).
• A lower than normal HDL cholesterol level (or you're on medicine to treat low HDL cholesterol).
• Higher than normal blood pressure (or you're on medicine to treat high blood pressure).
• Higher than normal fasting blood sugar (or you're on medicine to treat diabetes).
Cancer : Being overweight or obese raises your risk for colon, breast, endometrial, and gallbladder cancers.
Osteoarthritis : Osteoarthritis is a common joint problem of the knees, hips, and lower back. The condition occurs if the tissue that protects the joints wears away. Extra weight can put more pressure and wear on joints, causing pain.
Sleep Apnea : Sleep apnea is a common disorder in which you have one or more pauses in breathing or shallow breaths while you sleep. A person who has sleep apnea may have more fat stored around the neck. This can narrow the airway, making it hard to breathe.
Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome : Obesity hypoventilation syndrome (OHS) is a breathing disorder that affects some obese people. In OHS, poor breathing results in too much carbon dioxide (hypoventilation) and too little oxygen in the blood (hypoxemia). OHS can lead to serious health problems and may even cause death.
Reproductive Problems: Obesity can cause menstrual issues and infertility in women & low sperm count in male.
Gallstones : Gallstones They're mostly made of cholesterol. Gallstones can cause stomach or back pain. People who are overweight or obese are at increased risk of having gallstones. Also, being overweight may result in an enlarged gallbladder that doesn't work well.
Treatment or precautions to avoid Obesity:
1. Diets : to promote weight loss are generally divided into four categories: low-fat, low-carbohydrate, low-calorie, and very low calorie
2. Exercise : muscles consume energy derived from both fat and glycogen. Due to the large size of leg muscles, walking, running, and cycling, increase muscle mass in Gym are the most effective means of exercise to reduce body fat.
Sir mujhe sexual problem feel hota hai penis thik se stand nhi hota jaisa hona chahiye Mai smoking bohat karta hu ye vajah to nhi hai na mere sex life me.
Since last month having uti with proteus mirallis bacteria confirmed on urine culture test. My ultrasound kub was normal but after taking so many medicines still I am feeling very burning sensation while and after urination. My uric acid is 6.7. I wanted to know Should I avoid sexual activity or masturbation totally and how much time is more needed for full recovery. Pls help.
Influenza is more commonly known as the flu. It is an infection that affects the respiratory system and is caused by the influenza virus. This injection is recommended for kids who are under the age of 6 months. It ensures that the baby is safeguarded from the virus during an influenza outbreak. Since the nature of virus changes year on year, the immunity doesn’t last for more than 1 year. This vaccination is ideally taken during the month of October and November. The effect of the vaccination typically lasts for 6-8 months.
Ideally, kids who have never had a flu vaccination should take 2 vaccinations within 4 weeks. Kids who have received a shot of flu should undertake this vaccination once in a year. This arrangement is ideal up to 9 years of age. Flu shot is extremely important for a kid due to the following reasons:
- It saves a kid from chronic lung and heart disorders such as asthma and cystic fibrosis
- Kids suffering from immune deficiency, cancer, and HIV should take this vaccination to avoid further complication of the existing disease
- Kids suffering from diabetes, kidney diseases, and metabolic disorders should go for this vaccination without a second thought
- Kids suffering from a neurological disorder, haemoglobin deficiency, and anaemia should take this vaccination to refrain from the risk of aggravation of the present disease
- Pregnant women should ideally take it for the safeguarding the fetus
Flu shot should not be taken be taken if:
1. A baby is under the age of 6 months.
2. The baby has thimerosal allergy.
Is flu shot safe?
The flu shot is considered to be very safe. It does not result in flu. Few side effects include:
a. Soreness of the place where the needle is injected. This doesn’t last for more than a couple of day.
b. Body ache and mild fever for the first couple of days after the vaccination is done.
c. There is little to no pain in the place where the injection is injected by the doctor.
What is nasal flu vaccine?
This is an influenza dose that is not injected into the body, but given in the form of nasal spray. Healthy kids above the age of 2 years are fit to get this injection. For those kids who have a history of chronic illness should check with their doctor to go ahead with nasal spray. Each dose is given in each nostril. Like the influenza vaccine, nasal flu vaccine should be undertaken once for those who have already taken this dose once. Kids who have not undergone this vaccination are eligible for 2 dosages each 4 weeks apart from each other. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.