Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar VYour feedback matters!
My friend visited my place on sat and sunday we both ate outside 2 days sunday night I omitted what I had that night (panner kadai and rice roti) from that day I am suffering from lose motion and food is not digesting properly I took loppermade and run for 5 km but still I have this issue what to do.
What are effective fruits or ayurvedic medicines to increase the motility and count in semen in a week.
I am 24 year old male. I done my seemen anylasis show 10-15 pus cell. Culture show staphylococcus aureus type of bacteria, doctor give me doxycycline 100mg twice empty stomach for 1 months. Which type of bacteria is this. Is this a normal bacteria. Is this 1 months course is ok. Culture show senstive to doxy _1. I live in rular area there is no good lab. This problem is on last 5 months. But no bacteria is found in sperm culture. When I collect the sample in home and go to lab the time limit is 1 hour. So there is no growth in culture. Then I go to city lab srl. The collect the the sample in his lab and immediately send to lab. Then the growth of bacteria is declare. Staphylococcus aureus.
About a 45 percent of adults snore occasionally, and although most people tend to ignore it, snoring is a problem that must be dealt with consideration. There are many families where one spouse snores and keeps the other person from a good night’s sleep. It has been reported that snoring can create severe disputes in marriage and one who snores must take steps to control snoring.
Snoring is not simply a nuisance, but a major proportion of individuals who snore are affected with obstructive sleep apnea by which breathing is disrupted while a person is fast asleep. This condition increases the risk of heart diseases. Fortunately, there are ways to control a person's snoring.
- Weight loss: Having a large neck circumference and being overweight increases the risk of pushing the fat down at the throat resulting in snoring. With a suitable weight loss training, one can control the snoring to a considerable extent.
- Altering sleep positions: Sleeping on the sides help in forbidding the tongue from resting backwards and blocking the throat while sleeping. Some specially created pillows can help the individuals from rolling back during sleep.
- Limit alcohol intake: Drinking alcohol contributes to further relaxation of muscles in the airways and collapse the path which makes snoring even worse. Limiting consumption of alcohol and avoiding to drink it at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed can reduce snoring to a significant extent.
- Stop smoking: Smoking invariably leads to nasal congestion as well as inflammation which in turn worsen snoring. If one is running out of reasons to avoid smoking, then this is one of the most convincing reasons to quit smoking and enjoy overall good health.
- Certain medications: There are some medicines, particularly sedatives and antihistamines are designed to have a relaxing effect and can, therefore, aggravate snoring. But it is advised to consult with the general physician before making any alterations in the medicine routine.
- Avoid opening the mouth: Those who are aware of snoring with the mouth open must avoid opening the mouth during sleep by using a specifically designed tape or adhesive for closing shut the mouth while sleeping.
- Using specialised device: The mandibular advancement device is specifically crafted for those who suffer from tongue-based snoring. This equipment helps in moving the jaw forward as well as prevent the tongue from blocking the backside of the throat while sleeping.
- Avoid nasal collapse: Those who suffer from nasal collapse must use some form of adhesive nasal dilator strip which has to be placed over the nose. This would aid in keeping the airways open as well as reduce snoring.
- Treat allergies: Inflammation, as well as nasal congestion triggered by allergies, is a common cause of snoring while sleeping. One must opt to do an allergy test to identify and reduce potential allergens in the area where the individual sleeps such as bedding type, pet hair, dust mites, wheat or dairy intolerance and lessen snoring.
Thus, snoring can be controlled before it becomes a problem.
Suffering from cold and problem of cough and mucus, feeling heaviness in breath too. Also feeling like restless.
I have a problem of premature ejaculation. I ejaculate in seconds I'm not able to enjoy sex. It is very severe problem from beginning of my adulthood. Whenever I see or here something sexual i become very excited and semen comes out easily this problem I have since my childhood. Please help me with this problem. My age is 37. Weight 60.
The fasting blood sugar varies from 110 to 126 .What should be done to control the blood sugar and what are symptoms to know the danger from this problem?
Having diabetes does not mean you can?t enjoy the fun and excitement that traveling brings with it. With a little bit of planning you can enjoy your travels to the fullest and keep your diabetes in check.
Always carry your prescription along while travelingCarry at least twice as many medicines and insulin as you usually needAlways carry extra batteries with your glucometerCarry small snacks to help cope with low sugar levelsNever store insulin in checked luggage, it may be exposed to extreme temperaturesCheck your blood sugar levels regularlyDo simple stretching exercises in your seat during the flightHave small, frequent meals instead of three big meals in a dayPrefer water, unsweetened teas/ coffee or diet soda to other drinksWear comfortable shoes and never go out bare feet on beaches
Hello Doctor, I'm 25 years old I bought collagen tablets I'm not sure about how to use them Should they be taken on empty stomach or with food And there was a recommendation to take 6 tablets daily, can 6 tablets be taken in a day. Please let me know Thank you.
Blood bleeding from rectum or anus during human waste goes out from anus so can you me solution for this.
I know, I know, you are eager to shout – erection mean sex! After all, in our society we are programmed to equate erection with sex. And yes, an erection may mean the man desires sex. It may also mean other things!
First, lets take a look at erection. An erection begins in the brain. Physical or mental stimulation cause nerves in the brain to send chemical messages to nerves in the penis. These messages tell the penile blood vessels to relax so that blood can flow freely into the penis. Once it reaches the penis, high pressure traps the blood – and voila – an erection happens!
Now, everyone knows about ‘morning glories!’ Many men and women, assume that a ‘morning glory’ means the man wants sex. Sometimes, that is just the case. Other times, it is simply a by-product of nocturnal penile tumescence (NPT).
NPT is a spontaneous erection of penis that occurs during sleep or while waking up. It actually starts when the baby is in the womb - seriously - and continuous throughout the life! Men often experience NPT during rapid eye movement (REM) sleep – part of the sleep in which we dream.
Consider this – during a night of sleep, one usually experiences about four or five periods of REM sleep! That’s about four or five erections a night, each lasting from a few minutes to an hour!
Does this leads to deduce that men want to have sex four to five times a night? While they’re asleep? Most likely not. When researchers studied men dreams content during REM phase in combination with erection, sex wasn’t one of the main subjects!
Similarly, a ‘morning glory’ does not necessary mean a man wants to have sex. So next time you roll over with that twinkle in your eye – you might consider asking him if he is interested to begin with.
An erection means only that your penis is hard! Whether or not you want to have sex - has to do with how you feel. The smell of your boss's perfume may remind you of your wife. Triggered memory of your wife may lead to a desire. This mental stimulation will produce an erection. Does that mean you want to have sex with your boss? Hopefully, not.
Similarly, a man can get spontaneous erections during particular movie scenes. At times, they may lead to arousal and a decision to have sex. Other times, they are just that – spontaneous triggers to visual stimuli telling penis blood vessels to relax!
The next time you encounter an erection – remember – it may not mean the man wants to have sex! But keep in mind, most often, it just might be!
Ever had an experience where you confused an erection for a man's desire to have sex? Dare to bare and share?