Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. ShankarYour feedback matters!
Hi, If somebody C-Reactive Protein is high, if it is 9.1 out of 6 being the maximum range does it mean that the person is suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Hi sir my back right side bone is sightly bended so what are the that need to be taken and does it is going to be serve problem in my life please tell me sir.
Period tym me mujhe hmesa joint pain. Hand n legs pain ki sikayat hoti h. Saath hi kamar aur hips me v bht dard rehta h, me bht pareshaan ho jaati hu. Mera kal night se period start hua h, aur aaj mere haath -paaw me bht dard tha. Especially left hand n leg me. Aur aaj me kisi jruri kaam se mrkt chali gyi thi isi situation me, mujhe bich-bich me bht joro ka dard v uth rha tha pet me. And kamar bhi bht joro ka dard de rha tha khade-khade. Kaafi derr baad achanak se mujhe chakkar sa aane lga, sambhalne ka bht kosis kiya mene. Chair pr v baith gyi sar pakad kr apne. Pr mere aankh k saamne sb ghum rha tha, n aankh bhaari lgne lga tha, fir bht muskil se mujhe pakad kr ek shop pr baithaya gya, aur paani pilaaya gya, phir mene head down kr liya thode derr k liye, n fan k hawa k niche thoda relax lga, uske baad mujhe nimbu -paani pilaaya gya dhire-dhire, tb ja kr me bht derr baad relax ho payi. Pr 1 ghante baad v me chal paane me utna comfortable nhi hui thi. Infact avi me leti hui hu, pr avi v mera sarr ajeeb sa lg rha h, n aankhe bhaari si lag rhi h, period tym me mujhe asa pehli baar hua h, infact normally v itna jyada asa pehli baar hua mujhe, otherwise me aaj tk behos tk nhi hui hu. Wese mujhe BP Low ho jaane ki problem bbhi h. Me 19 saal ki hu. And har month me 3-4 din ek ladke k saath sex v krti hi hu.
Hi im 29 years men. Now a days im having back pain frequently. Im doing job I just sit for 9 hours a day. Pain is not high. When im trying to bend that time I feel the pain. Can you advise me y it coming frequently.
I am suffering from leg cramps for last few years and nobody suggested any cure for it. I can not sleep at night because of so much pain what should I do?
I have back pain on the lower left side and sometimes in the middle of the backbone it is kind of flickering pain, I cannot bend properly. What should I do? Any health tips?
I M pain in both legs sole (below knee to sole) my sugar level is normal uric acid 5.2&HB. 11.2.since last one year. Pl.advise accordingly.
Adhesive capsulitis is the medical term for a frozen shoulder, which can be caused due to a variety of reasons. Scar tissues can grow in the shoulder joint when the said joint becomes thicker. This development keeps the shoulder from rotating in a normal manner, which can lead to a frozen shoulder. The most common symptoms of this condition include severe pain and stiffness as well as inflammation. Here are the causes and ways to treat this condition.
Causes: A frozen shoulder can be caused due to a sports injury as well as an accident. Also, a hormonal imbalance can cause this condition. A weak immune system may cause inflammation in various joints of the body, which makes motion difficult. Also, diabetes can give rise to a frozen shoulder as a side effect. If you have a sedentary lifestyle and do not exercise often enough, or have just been through surgery which has led to a prolonged period of inactivity, then you can be prone to this condition. Surgery will also leave your tissue and adhesions sensitive to inflammation. Scar tissue may end up forming in very extreme cases, over a period of at least nine months. This can limit your motion.
Risk Factors: Besides diabetes, hormonal changes and inactivity, people who have been through a stroke or surgery are most susceptible to this condition. Also, patients who are suffering from thyroid disorders can end up developing a frozen shoulder too.
Physical Therapy: One of the most recommended ways to deal with this condition is with physical therapy. This kind of therapy will help you in stretching your shoulder so that you get back some motion over a period of time. This process can take anywhere between a few weeks to a few months, depending on the severity of your condition. You must ask a doctor about other treatment options if this kind of therapy does not show results even after six months of intense and regular practice. Physical therapy can also be practiced at home, once you have learnt the technique from a physiotherapist.
Medication: One of the other ways to deal with a frozen shoulder is with the help of medication. Anti-inflammatory and pain relieving medicines can soothe the discomfort. These include aspirin, ibuprofen, as well as naproxen sodium. Also, if you are undergoing a lot of pain, the doctor can administer a steroid injection in the shoulder joint.
Surgery: If medication and physical therapy do not help in treating the condition effectively, then one can go in for an arthroscopic surgery to remove the scar tissue with a small incision and other kinds of surgery for breaking the adhesions as well.
Are you prone to slipped disc problem? + the ideal way to treat it
A slipped disc, also known as a prolapsed disc or herniated disc, is the term given to the phenomenon that occurs when a cartilaginous disc found between the vertebrae in the spine becomes slightly displaced or protrudes, thereby pressing on the nerves in the adjacent areas and causing back pain.
This happens when the soft inner part of the disc, known as nucleus pulposus, bulges out through a weakness in the exterior part of the disc. A prolapsed disc usually occurs in the lower region of the spine and can be of varying sizes. There might even be the development of inflammation around the disc in some cases.
Who is likely to get affected?
Most cases of herniated disc occur in patients between the ages of 30 and 50. The number of men affected is twice as many as the number of women.
Although the root cause of this problem is not yet known, there are a number of factors that may trigger it. These factors include working at a job that requires a lot of lifting, an occupation that involves remaining in a seated position for a long time, weight-bearing sports, obesity, smoking habits and increasing age.
Effective ways of treating the problem
The different methods that are commonly used to treat the problem are:
- Medications - There are many different kinds of medicines that are effective in providing relief. These include painkillers, muscles relaxants, anti-inflammatory pills, etc.
- Spinal injections - A number of spinal injections are used to treat slipped discs. The injection is done at the opening where the inflamed nerve roots are found and reduces pain, swelling and irritation in the area.
- Radiofrequency ablation - This procedure makes use of an electrical current produced by radio waves to reduced pain and sensitivity in the affected area.
- Ozone discectomy - As opposed to the surgical removal of the prolapsed disc, this new process makes use of an ozone-oxygen mixture that is injected into the spine to treat the problem. Many international studies have proved its superiority to traditional methods and surgeries.
Those affected by this problem are advised to keep exercising and continuing with their everyday activities as best as possible.
Pls tell me what to do in severe joint pain for patient suffering from chikungunya pls reply fast as patient is feeling very pain.
I always feel weak although I eat food what can I do but I don't want to get fat. I get full of stomach pain and back pain sometimes I cry. Please give a solution.
I am 21 years old male .I am facing a severe problem with my legs and hands shivering and body pains and back part of the head pain since 4 days .so please suggest me some medicine to solve this and may I know the reason for the pain. Please ping me very soon.
I have constant pain in my heel. It increases after I have been sitting for some time. Please suggest.
I am 21 year old man and have backache for 2 month I have depressed for couple of days .what should I need now?
I am 43 yrs. Female having sudden swelling over rt. Upper limb near brachial artery, what precaution should I have to take and what you suggest.
I am 26 years old and I have backache (disc problem l4, l5) last two years. I am not properly heavy pain please tell any suggestion.
What is spinal stenosis: The narrowing of the gaps in the spine or the backbone is called as spinal stenosis. This leads to pressure on the nerves and the spinal cord. 5% of cases of spinal stenosis are seen in the low back of the lumbar spine. In some cases the narrowing of the spine leads to the compressing of the nerve root, which leads to pain in the leg.
Causes of spinal stenosis: It can be caused by aging, arthritis, trauma to the spine, spondylolisthesis and tumor of the spine
Symptoms of spinal stenosis: There is constant pain in the back and legs as stenosis pinches the nerve responsible for sensation and muscle power. Other symptoms are numbness and tingling in the legs, frequent falling and pain while walking.
Treatment of spinal stenosis:
- A routine program with exercises and physical therapy are the best treatment for spinal stenosis. The exercises are not a complete cure but they are beneficial in keeping the patient active. A physical therapy can be supervised and once the period of the same is over people easily transition to the exercise program. The key for exercise is starting slowly in order to build strength.
- Generally, the patients are counseled not to perform strenuous activities as that might worsen the symptoms of spinal stenosis. In case of lumbar stenosis, patients find it comfortable when they are flexed forward. The doctor might recommend walking while being bent over and leaning when using a walker if not walking upright; sitting in recliners is also recommended instead of straight back chairs.
- Injections of cortisone are usually given in the epidural space. This is believed to relieve the symptoms of spinal stenosis temporarily. Though there have been studies which question the use of these injections as they lead to the risk of osteoporosis related fractures. This is still being pondered over by the doctors as a suitable treatment option as it has its own benefits and risks.
- Medications such as the anti inflammatory medicines like ibuprofen or aspirin are helpful in controlling the symptoms of spinal stenosis. Narcotic drugs might also prove to be helpful if used with care and for a short while. This is helpful for severe pain related to the nerves. Muscle relaxants like gabapentins might also be recommended. In some case antidepressants might also be given to provide relief from pain.
Though side effects are a concern when using these medications and the patient should let the doctor knows about their allergies.