Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shankar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. ShankarYour feedback matters!
I can't swim Because I feel hard to breath. Whenever I am in water level to my neck. Is everything thing ok Because I can't stand in water more than 5 min.
I don't have regular pain in shoulder joint. But whenever I play tennis or throw a ball. The shoulder tends to pain a lot. What is the reason and remedy for the same?
Hi doctor. My mom s 58. Old she s suffering from knee pain Oly in right leg. No other pain s she having. Left leg no problem. No pain there a swelling in leg. Also. Here weight s 72. She s taking a tend bp. Tablets. Oly in afternoon. But bp s normal oly.
I have suffering knee pain after ACL surgery. Surgery was done in July on left leg ,facing problem when using stairs claiming. Suggest me how I get proper strength.
My penis has a white dust for a week and later it turned to scratches on foreskin. Now I could not move the layer back. While examined PUS Cells are 15-20. Consulted a doctor who gave me antibiotics for a week but there is no much change. Generally how much time does it take? And is it better to approach a sexologist?
My daughter suffering from lower chronic pain. She did not walk because of pain. The X Ray Report as under Lumbo-sacral spine appears straightened. Disc space between L5-S1 is decreased. Bony density.
About 3 months back, I tumbled and fell rolling down about 8 stairs trying to provide support with my left hand all along the fall. There was mild swelling and moderate pain in my left wrist joint. X-ray and subsequent NCV tests are normal. Three fingers in left hand can not be bent fully neither can I grip anything properly. Wrist gets pain while trying to bend sideways or up/downwards. Please advice next course.
Hello sir I have problem relating joints pain and swelling I have joints pain in my fingers and toes and knees and shoulders in morning the pain excess and swelling every morning I had consulted dermatologist and my RA Test and other reports all get negative get nothing into it. Only high esoiniphllia count more than 18 what should I do and whom o consult.
Osteoporosis in very simple terms is a condition that causes spongy bones. The bones develop pores and become fragile with an increased susceptibility to fractures. In average, all our bones get weak after the age of 35 years which means that the bone mass decreases. Women after menopause are especially susceptible to this condition and also osteoporotic fractures. What are the other risk factors for osteoporosis? Knowing this is important for your bone health as it will help to prevent fractures. But before we discuss the causes of osteoporosis, it’ is important to point out that osteoporosis has no symptoms and it can only be diagnosed when you have a fracture for no reason at all, or you get a bone density test to diagnose osteoporosis.
Some of the factors that can lead to osteoporosis are:
- Lack of exercise
- Low calcium and low vitamin D levels
- A personal history of fracture as an adult
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Low body weight
- Family history of osteoporosis which means having a mother with an osteoporotic hip fracture doubles your risk of a hip fracture as well
- Chemotherapy for treating cancer also increases the risk for osteoporosis as it causes early menopause.
- In men low testosterone levels known as hypogonadism can cause this condition.
- The absence of menstrual periods known as amenorrhea in younger women also predisposes them to osteoporosis as it causes low estrogen levels. Amenorrhea can occur in women who undergo extremely vigorous physical training or those that practice extreme dieting. As their body fat goes down they experience amenorrhoea.
- Chronic inflammation, due to chronic inflammatory arthritis and also liver disease can cause osteoporosis.
- Any condition that interferes with walking such as stroke can cause spongy bones.
- Hyperthyroidism, a condition that causes an increase in production of the thyroid hormone can cause spongy bones too.
Some other factors that can lead to it
- Hyperparathyroidism a disease where there is an increased parathyroid hormone production by the parathyroid gland. This hormone maintains blood calcium levels by absorbing calcium from the bones. This can cause osteoporosis.
- Low vitamin D causes low absorption of calcium from diet and hence you are at a risk of developing osteoporosis. Conditions such as celiac sprue or biliary cirrhosis which hamper the absorption of vitamin D can also cause osteoporosis.
- Medications such as heparin, a blood thinner, anti-seizure medicines such as Dilantin and phenobarbital, and long-term use of oral corticosteroids- can all up osteoporosis risks.
The diagnosis of osteoporosis is simple and it is advisable that older people especially women get periodic X- rays and bone density tests to rule out this bone condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!