Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. ShankarYour feedback matters!
Sir mere kamar k nichle hisse me bahot dard rahta hai Aise mujhe kuch takleef nahi hoti Aram se jhuk bhi skata hu uth baith kar skta hu Par jab kbi achanak se jhukta hun toh dard badh jata hai Aur JB cricket khelta hu fielding time b jhuk nhi pata agar zabrdsti jhuka to drd hone lgta hai to sir bataiye mai kya kru Mai x ray karane soch rha kra lu kya Thnx in advance.
I am 25 years old male, while dancing at a party last night I suddenly got a knee jerk in my right leg and fell down, since then I am not able to straighten my leg. I am also not able to walk as it gives me lot of pain, I cannot see aby swelling though but for any movement I get high pain ,the pain is internal and not on some specific point on my knee. Please tell me what should I do and how long it will take me to get absolutely normal so that I can run again.
I am 28 year old male. I & my partner feel unsatisfied during intercourse due to early ejaculation. My height 172 cm and weight 70kg. I have backache problem also. I used to do exercise at home to reduce pain. But if I stop exercise for more than 4 days then backache starts again.
I have a back pain in my shoulder and it's very paining to me and I want to cure myself but no medicine worked on me. Because last time I doing the play match and my shoulder is tackled with leather ball. And blood is falling. Please help me sir. I am very very very thankful for you.
My husband is 37 years he suffers alot with legs pain and back pain he is over weight also please suggest something so that he can get relaxation.
Lower back pain is a very common issue and can take place due to numerous reasons. However, one of its main causes is a ligament strain or back muscle strain. Microscopic tear or excessive stretching of ligaments can take place due to lifting very heavy objects, doing enormously strenuous task or due to a sudden twisted movement. These conditions are most likely to be experienced by individuals ranging between the ages of 30 and 60. Other causes of lower back pain include back injury, arthritis of back bone joints, infections in the lower back area, and in very rare cases, tumours.
In case of acute back pain, these are a few important things that should be definitely kept in mind.
- It is absolutely essential to take rest for a couple of days and avoid any sort of stressful activity. Although back pain is self-limiting, if you take proper care, it can be cured in a few days. However, if proper rest is not taken, the situation may become worse.
- Using the black belt, also known as lumbo sacral corset, is a good idea. This can actually be of enormous help to individuals who have been suffering from lower back pain for a long period of time.
- As already mentioned, one of the main causes of these kinds of mishaps are sudden jerky movements, twisted movements, heavy weight lifting etc. So, it is necessary to avoid such circumstances, or else, a more acute back pain situation may arise due to slipping of one of the discs from the spinal cord.
- As much as you like long drives and bike rides, these are a strict no. Any prolonged sitting or standing activity needs to be avoided. It is important that the tear caused in the muscles due to what-so-ever reason heals properly and prolonged stay in a tensed muscle position would definitely not help the cause.
- Although these back pains can be handled at home by following the discussed steps, using simple analgesics or muscle relaxants prescribed by the doctor can be a way to speed up the process of recovering the strained ligament.
Apart from these important steps, regular exercise to strengthen the core body muscles is a great way to avoid such ligament strains in the future. However, if you feel that even after following the precautionary measures, you problem doesn’t subside, consult an experienced doctor for his advice.