Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar N SwamyYour feedback matters!
How many times should we brush and after using mouthwash after what time should we wash mouth by water?
From past one week I have started drinking hot lemon water first thing in the morning. I workout daily in the gym and have nutritious diet everyday. After including hot lemon water I have noticed that I am losing belly fat and also my metabolism has increased considerably. But then I am worried because I read somewhere that it damages tooth enamel over a period of time. Is it true. After drinking hot lemon water I immediately rinse my mouth with normal water and then after some time brush my teeth. Please clear my doubt.
Hello, I have teeth sensation in my lower front teeth. I brush times with sensodyn but still sensation and slight pain is there in gum. Please guide me. Thanks
Sir, I brush daily and properly and still teeth are not white, I have never chewed wrong things, plzz suggest how can I whiten my teeth.
I am suffering from teeth disease. It is affected by warm and being black with pit in the bottom. I want to remove it and replace bridge teeth. Is it good or what to do as you think? Please notify me.
Dr saheb pyrea hoo gaya hai teeth mein green and kala kala saa hoo gaya hai jiski wajah see lower front teeth thoda patla bhi hoo gaya hai daily brush bhi karta huin dant kanti and aab halka halka saa 2 pass kee teeth mein bhi kala kala saa hoo gaya hai masoodoo kee neechee help karen.
Since most toothaches are the result of tooth decay, following good oral hygiene practices can prevent toothaches.
Good oral hygiene practices consist of brushing regularly with a fluoride-containing toothpaste, flossing once daily, rinsing once or twice a day with an antiseptic mouthwash, and seeing your dentist twice a year for professional cleaning.
In addition to these practices, eat foods low in sugar and ask us about sealants. Sealants are a great solution when it comes to safeguard your teeth.
Sir I have the same problem with my teeth giving bad Snell in the evening mostly I approached a dentist teeth cleaned medicines given is it enough please suggest me.
Maintaining good oral hygiene is the key for enhanced gum and dental health. Tooth erosion is characterised by decay of the outer and inner parts of the teeth. It occurs when certain sugar containing foods such as milk, candy and cakes leave behind residual quantities, thus causing small food particles to get stuck to and remain in the teeth. These are then digested by the bacteria in the mouth and converted to acids. The acids in combination with saliva form a layer called plaque that causes tooth erosion.
To prevent tooth erosion, you can employ these simple methods:
- Regular flossing: Flossing is an often neglected aspect of dental hygiene. Flossing helps in removing food residues stuck between the teeth that your toothbrush cannot clean. Use proper technique while flossing as improper technique can damage your gums.
- Brushing twice a day: You should brush at least twice a day with toothpaste that contains fluoride. If possible, brush regularly after eating a meal.
- Eat well balanced meals: Eat well balanced meals for your gums to receive proper nourishment. Include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet as they are rich in antioxidants and vitamins. These antioxidants and vitamins help maintain overall gum and dental health.
- Fluoridated water: Drink fluoridated water, as it helps in preventing tooth erosion.
- Use Mouthwash regularly: Use an antiseptic mouthwash to keep your mouth bacteria free. Bacteria in your mouth can lead to rapid tooth erosion.
- Rinse your mouth: Rinse your mouth with water after every meal. Rinsing helps in removing food particles from your mouth that may contribute to tooth erosion.
- Avoid junk food: Avoid snacking on junk foods as they contain hidden sugars that can increase your risks of tooth erosion. Avoid sugar based drinks as they can harm your teeth and cause cavities.
- Dental sealants: A sealant is a coating that is applied on the tooth to prevent it from getting affected by plaque. They usually last for 8-10 years after which they need to be replaced.
- Visit the dentist regularly: Visit the dentist on a regular basis for check-ups as any underlying issue that can create potential problems in the future may need to be resolved.