Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar N SwamyYour feedback matters!
I am 26 year old girl, right side wisdom tooth surgery done with stitches on 2014 December, 10 months passed still I am not able to eat even soft items, and left side upper tooth problem have since 5-6 months when ever I chew food when up and down tooth get connect while chewing that time suddenly get pain like stone are there in food otherwise there is no pain. So many doctors I visited but all doctors says everything is fine there is nothing x-ray also done. I am not able to chew both side, right side wisdom surgery done left side while chewing suddenly I stop eating like stone in food. Please guide me what should I do?
I am having sort of small bumps on my tongue having same color of my tongue plus I am having a small gray area on my tongue (i think its been formed after I cleaned my tongue with my tongue cleaner hardly) I am not detecting any change in taste or blood or any other kind of irritations (except a small sensation on that gray area) Is it a problem or a cause of concern doctor.
I have a habit of eating ice cubes daily for many times and now my teeth and jaws are paining so much that I can't eat anything, what should I do? please help me.
When I am talking with some one I get saliva in my mouth with this words goes wrong give me suggestions to cure it.
On last Friday I was in office party an had drinks more than I usually do. After sometime I went to vomit. First time it was food that came out but second time it was blood with water while vomiting. I thought it was due to chicken which I had or just might be color of it. But yesterday early morning I was in office when I observed small amount of blood in my saliva. It was first time and didn't come again though after that I felt blood coming out of my gums. Nothing comes up after spitting again. Pls suggest.
Dear Sir, recently I visited one Dental surgeon for toothache/cavity. He made some root canalling treatment on the affected teeth. Is it mandatory to cover the teeth with a silver/metallic crown? Please answer .
I have pain in teeth. Dr. Say to do root canal. If I remove that teeth? Is there any problem for meI'm 19.
Cosmetic dentistry can help you have a straight aligned teeth in only 2-3 dental visits. The entire process is nearly painless and can be done in single visit for some minor corrections.
Cosmetic correction can be done for-
2) deformed or discolored teeth
3) decayed or broken teeth.
Hii I am amit Kumar Sharma and I like Sweets but my teeth is damaged. So please get me some ideas and help me.
My teeth Will Be Paining When I Drink Cold And I Don't Feel Hungry. I Don't Know Why. Please help me.
I am Mr. kumar I have some dental problem already two tooth are removed due to cavvitess problem. Please tell me good sagetion for strong and healthy tooth.
1. Brush and floss more frequently.
2. Scrape your tongue.
3. Avoid foods that sour your breath.
4. Kick the habit.
5. Rinse your mouth out.
6. Skip after-dinner mints and chew gum instead.
7. Keep your gums healthy.
8. Moisten your mouth.
9. See us if the problem still persists.
Am having toothache and gums paining since 4 days. How to recur it in home? Clove will help to recur?
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.