Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShankarYour feedback matters!
Where to inject insulin (sites)?
Insulin is injected subcutaneously, i. E just below the skin in fatty tissue. If insulin is injected deeper in muscles then it may get absorbed quickly and can lead to low sugars. Insulin should not be given in scars, moles, varicose veins, sites with broken blood vessels etc. As it may alter its absorption. Insulin injection site must be rotated each time to avoid lipodystrophy (at least, take insulin injection an inch apart from the previous site).
Sites where you can take insulin injection:
- Abdomen: this is a preferable site for self-administration since absorption of insulin is quicker and predictable. You can take insulin, at least, two fingers width away from belly button.
- Thigh: this is second best site after abdomen for self-administration of insulin injection. Top and outer aspect of the thigh is preferred. Avoid injecting insulin on the inner side of the thigh.
- Arms: normally when somebody else is administrating insulin to diabetes patient it can be given on outer back aspect of the arm away from shoulder and elbow in fatty tissue.
- Buttocks: upper outer padded part (wallet area) is a preferred spot.
I have curve in my penis when it is erect like banana. Would that create a problem while having intercourse with partner? How to treat this to avoid curve?
I am riya 22 years old and having 40 kg weight. I have been suffering from fever for the last six days. Today I consulted a general physician and suggested me to get blood test done. He saw my test reports and said that I have a high wbc (white blood cell) count and suggested some antibiotics I have started taking it will this cure my problem? Also is there any abnormality.
I am 25 years old. I have a stomach problem. For 3 months I suffer from digestion problem. Three or four times in a day I go to bathroom. Then I go to consult a doctor and feel well. But after some days when go to bathroom then blood coming with stool and have a pain. Now what am I doing? And can I consult which type of doctor. And can I well soon? How it is possible.
Hello doctors. Now a days I am getting too much yawn in my classes. Actually I am engineering student. It didn't allow me to do so. Please it's a request to you to tell me how I should get rid of it? I slept max 8 hours too. Don't know why I am getting yawn? Thank you ☺
In this time there is so much condition coming of fever like viral and dangu then what we can do for save our self.
I am sick from stomach pain from some previous days. I want also my medicine on time. But no relation find. Please helps me.
- Iron is a major component of hemoglobin that carries oxygen to all parts of the body.
- Women need more iron than men to makeup for the amount of iron they lose in their menstrual period.
- Iron deficiency is the most common nutrient deficiency in women. Insufficient iron can lead to anaemia. Common symptoms of anaemia include tiredness and breathlessness. Iron is especially important during pregnancy.
- Iron absorption can be impaired by alcohol, the tannic acid in tea,etc. Hence avoid drinking tea while consuming any iron source food.
- Sources of iron: Red meat, chicken and fish, Fortified cereals, nuts, leafy green vegetables.
- Role of Vitamin C: Drinking citrus juice or eating other foods rich in vitamin C at the same time that you eat high-iron foods, enhances the iron absorption.
- Vitamin C food sources: Broccoli, Kiwi, Leafy greens,Oranges,Tomatoes, etc.
- “Let food be the medicine and medicine be the food”