Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar B SYour feedback matters!
My mother is 58 years old and she is suffering from knee pain. We had consulted various doctors regarding this and after doing the xray it was found that space between her knee is increased and the fluid is dried up. What can we do because we had taken different medicines but none was a help.
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collarbone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain. Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention.
Related Tip: "What Does Neck and Shoulder Pain Indicate?"
Hello Sir, My age is 27 years. Last year in November. Issue is my back pain L4, L5 I was take treatment this month 12 date to 24 and doctor suggest bed rest. I was care with carefully. But pain is not going. So please helps me. What I do for back pain?
What is homemade way to reduce pain in the backbone and report shows everything normal calcium and exray report also normal Suggest me home made medicine to reduce it.
I am 66 years old male. I have knee pain for more than 10 years. I could walk with some pain which was manageable. But now my knees are not following my wishes. The pain starts as soon as I start walking. Should I go for knee-replacement or there is some homeopathic medicine to make my life livable?
What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems?
I am 37 year old person suffering from neck stiffness since child hood I am unable to control my neck movements, there is stiffness in the shoulders along with pain sometimes.
She is 72years old now a days suddenly she have knee problem she have pain in her knee and she don't want to go to the doctor. She behave like small kids? please tell me how can I explain her & make her understand the importance to meet doctor.
My mother has been suffering from pain in her right arm starting from shoulders for the past 20 years. Any suggestions?
I am a 44 yrs. Old working woman and I have a spinal problem from last 2-3 years and back bone pain from last 6 months.
I have faced lower back pain from last 2-3 weeks. Once I stop masturbating than I feel that pain is reduced but when I start again masturbating lower back pain is started. Please give me the right solution and suggest me to how many times in a week masturbating is not harmful.
I am heading towards a frozen shoulder. My arm and hand aches the whole day. I take a pain killer to ease the pain, but really of any use. What should I do?
I have a severe back pain since 2 das and its very difficult for meh to sleep straight so what can I do?
For me always a pain at centre point of spinal cord & back neck pain What is the solution for bone and nerves weakness/ please inform me.
Hello doctor, i'm dinesh 34yrs male, I get swelling in my right leg from ankle joint upto knee. I get this when my weight goes beyond 86kgs, when I ride bike, travel in bus (sitting posture) standing for long time. I dont get swelling if I wlk for 10kms also. I hv done doppler, filaria, mri, blood test, ecg etc. Dont know the reason for my swelling. Please help me.
I am suffering from neck pain. What medicine and what precautions should I take please prescribe me.
Mu mom Suffering Back pain since 6 to 7 Months, Could you please tell me the Problem and why come Back pain. Please replay. Thanks.
The longest nerve in the body is the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve starts from the lower part of the spine, through your hip to the back of the leg. So when it is said sciatica, we refer to pain in this nerve. Since the nerve covers the spine, hip and leg, sciatic pain is felt in the areas through which it passes. The lower leg muscles and sensation in the legs, thighs and feet are controlled by this nerve.
Symptoms usually include:
- Pain that radiates from the lower back to the hip and to the leg
- Sharp, tingling, dull, constant or burning pain
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Sneezing or coughing increases pain
- Moving the leg gets difficult so usual activities like walking, sitting and standing become painful
Homeopathic remedies are easy and gentle on the body. Homeopathy aims to boost the body's immune system so it can fight all its weaknesses. The following remedies may prove to be useful:
- Ammonium Muriaticum: It is taken for chronic pain in the heel or for chronic backache or when straightening the knee gets difficult as hamstrings contract. It is also taken for limping.
- Bellis Perennis: In periosteum injuries, stiffness and deep aches in the spine Bellis Perennis is used. It is also used for tailbone injuries. It is also helpful for nerve pains during pregnancy.
- Calcarea Fluorica: If the vertebra degenerates after trauma to the spine, then Calcarea Fluorica can be useful.
- Cicuta: The worst back injuries with serious trauma and muscles spasms are treated with Cicuta.
- Hypericum: Hypericum is suggested for tailbone injuries, temporary paralysis, spinal concussions and for sharp pain that tingles and moves upwards.
- Rhus Tox: If after lifting weights, overexerting muscles and exposure to anything wet, you feel tearing and burning pain, then Rhus tox is beneficial. Cramps that get better after heat application, but get worse after exposed to the cold are also treated with Rhus tox.
- Ruta: Stiffness and pain from back injuries, twisting the wrong way and bruises are prescribed with Ruta. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.